Check out these beauties…
I wanted something that reflected my personality so I went for some super girly colours. I also cut about half an inch off them as they were getting way too long.
To get the base colour I used one of my favourites: Rimmels Go wild-er-ness by Rita Ora. This time of year I love pastels. It gives amazing coverage and you only need one coat of it too.
For the French tip look I chose Rimmels Lycra Pro Professional Finish In Pop Rose. Without a guide for my tips I think I did ok.
Here is my nails after 10 days. Baring in mind I’ve been packing boxes as I’m in the process of moving I don’t think that they’ve took too much of a bashing.
They can be found at your local Boots or Superdrug or you can find them online.
Amazon do some amazing nail polishes from different brands at affordable prices.
What’s your favourite shade of nail polish?
Well as I am having one today I thought I’d share with you what I feel helps me not feel so shite.
I grab my sketch pad and pencils and get lost in what I’m drawing. As you can see I’m not that good but it makes me a bit more relaxed. You should definitely give it a try it’s a well cheap hobby.
I’m not ashamed to say I own a few self help books especially ones that have interesting questions and quotes in like this one. We all need a bit of guidance from time to time, right?
Writing in a diary helps me get whatever thoughts about the day out and onto paper. It definitely helps the stress levels.
Music is what keeps me going whether it’s a good day or a bad one. I have found acoustic to be quite soothing.
With the power of Spotify it can relax my body and mind and maybe have a snooze which never hurts anyone.
Pick your favourite films, mine are nostalgic ones when I’m having a bad day and they are an instant mood lifter
Bridget Jones is a legend and Colin and Hugh are the eye candy…Happy days
So many memories flood back watching this film it taught me things I didn’t know when I was 12 and I remember watching it at my mates sleepover on video. Oh my how times have changed.
Demi Moore, Christina Ricci and Thora Birch make this film what it is. I love it.
I grab my hot water bottle, one of many…
and my eye mask, shut my peepers and hope for a better day tomorrow.
Don’t ruin a good today because of a bad yesterday.
Here are the make up products I used to get the look below
First of all I applied seventeen falsify HD mascara to my lashes, I actually think this one is a must if you can’t afford high end ones and its tear-proof… tested by me. I put two coats just to make sure each lash has mascara on it
I took a blending brush and the makeup revolution electric dreams pallete and worked it across both lids not applying it too heavy so it still looks subtle but eye-catching.
After that I applied the Malani eye tech perfection liquid liner to my top lash line to give it a bit more edge. Then as always my signature thing under the eye liner. I find that a gel one always stays put and goes on smoother so I used Maybelline lasting drama gel liner.
I loved this look as purple brings out the green in my eyes. I am not one to experiment with eyeshadows but I think I may do now in the future.
Here’s a few things to to to help you relax unwind and give yourself a bit of me time.
• Set the mood – draw the curtains, put on fairy lights, light a scented candle or put an oil burner on • Choose a playlist that is going to chill you out, so maybe acoustic, panpipes, instrumental, love songs, whatever gets you into the zone.
• Whether it’s a shower or a bath you enjoy, take some me time and lather yourself up in your favourite body wash or emerse yourself in a bath full of bubbles.
• Grab a book you have been reading or meaning to get started on, or a magazine maybe a glass of your favourite tipple.
• Pampering yourself helps ease stress and worries so a face mask, body scrub, self tan, mani and pedi. Trying out new hair dos you’ve been meaning to give a try
• Meditation / yoga is not just for the zen people of the world. Trust me it works miracles when you are super stressed. Concentrating on your breathing or taking your mind off to somewhere nice is so relaxing and will help your body at the same time as your mind. It’s easy to learn and practising makes perfect.
• Watching your favourite film, or tv series will not only make you relaxed but happy at the same time
• Give yourself some me time at least once a week you deserve it.
i have a seriously sweet tooth so i thought why not find some of the desserts that i’ve grown to love over the years. Thank you to BBC food for the findings.
Ready in around 1 hour 30 minutes
- 2 cartons double cream, 1 large (284ml) plus 1 small (142ml)
- 100ml full-fat milk
- 1 vanilla pod
- 5 large egg yolk
- 50g golden caster sugar, plus extra for the topping
Find cooking method @ http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2745/ultimate-crme-brle-
Rocky road chocolate crunch bars
Cook: 5 mins Prep: 20 mins plus chilling
Cuts into 12
- 100g butter
, roughly chopped
- 300g dark chocolate (such as Bournville), broken into squares
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 140g rich tea biscuit, roughly crushed
- 12 pink marshmallow, quartered (use scissors)
- 2 x 55g bars Turkish delight, halved and sliced (or use Maltesers, Milky Way or Crunchie bars)
Find cooking method @ http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/8003/chocolate-crunch-bars
Prep: 30 mins Plus 1 hr and overnight chilling
Cuts into 12 slices
- 250g digestive biscuit
- 100g butter
- 1 vanilla pod
- 600g soft cheese
- 100g icing sugar
- 284ml pot double cream
For the topping
- 400g punnet strawberries
, halved and stoned
- 25g icing sugar
Find cooking method @http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/4653/strawberry-cheesecake-in-4-easy-steps-
Prep: 2 hrs Cook: 1 hr
Makes 2 cakes, each cuts into 10 slices
For almond sponge
- 175g very soft butter
- 175g golden caster sugar
- 140g self-raising flour
- 50g ground almonds
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 3 medium egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp almond
For pink sponge
- 1 x ingredients for almond
- pink food colouring, we used ½ tsp Squires rose food paste
- 200g apricot jam
- 2 x 500g blocks white marzipan
- little icing sugar, for dusting
Find cooking method @http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1120657/battenberg-cake
Bread and butter pudding
Prep: 20 mins Cook: 45 mins
- 250ml full-fat milk
- 300ml double cream
- 1 vanilla pod, halved and seeds scraped out, or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 whole large eggs
, plus 1 egg yolk
- 3 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 8 slices of day-old white crusty bread
- 50g slightly salted butter, softened plus extra for greasing
- 75g mix sultanas and currants or other dried fruit
- zest ½ lemon
- 2 tbsp demerara sugar
Find cooking method @http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/bread-butter-pudding
I thought I’d just share a few quotes that I found whilst scrolling on the lovely Pinterest….my my it’s so addictive
Ok so this first one:
You should never be anything but yourself. So what if your different from the norm.
Simple message here don’t bloody frown it will make you have lines in your forehead and it will put you in a bad mood. Show your teeth while you still have them.
Give yourself a boost of self-confidence and walk in a room feeling just as important as the next person.
There’s nothing stopping you from achieving any goal you want to. Another saying the sky’s the limit. We all know the sky goes on forever. Same applies to this one.
Last but no means least if you’re going to do anything make sure it’s going to make you happy. Because happy people lead happy lives.