Wow, what an awesome 12 days it has been. Writing Christmas posts on my blog was a spur of the moment thing but so glad I did. It’s bought out my creativity and I’ve read some similar posts which I love stumbling across.
So to finish it off I thought I would include my Christmas nails on Day 12. I painted them the weekend for a Christmas get together and yes they are my real nails…since I was 11 they’ve been that long. Mum was going to put me in for hand modelling at one stage.
I used Avons Gel Finish in the shade 12225 (like a real rouge red) typical there’s no name on the bottle.
That was the base and then I used Rimmel Glitter High Coverage in the shade 002 Ruby Crush.
I had so many compliments at the party asking if I had them professionally done. They took me all of 10 mins and I’m so happy with the results. Shows you don’t have to spend loads on your nails to get them noticed.
I would like to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New year, thank you for taking the time to read my blog this year.
Best get planning for the year ahead on Holzieloves. If I don’t post on here before December is out I’ll definitely be back as soon as January is here.
Much loves 💗 xxx
The night before Christmas when all the wrapping is done, its time to unwind and have a little fun.
Here is what I would include in my Christmas Eve box to make sure my night was enjoyable as possible before the big day arrives.
1) Festive Pjs
2) Snuggly Socks
3) Blankets to keep me warm
4) Hot water Bottle
5) Hot Chocolate
7) Christmas Candle
8) My Favourite Christmas DVD
What would you have in your Christmas Eve Box?
Would you rather with a twist….all the questions are based around Christmas.
ok here goes….
WOULD YOU RATHER
Be stuck in a elevator with someone who loves Christmas or someone who hates Christmas?
Definitely someone who loves it as I hate a scrooge…it only comes once a year.
Find Olaf in your garden or Jack Frost?
Olaf hands down the dudes a legend.
Eat your own body weight in chocolate or Turkey?
Silly question I am a chocoholic so of course I’d pick chocolate just eat it slowly.
Never receive a Christmas present or Never eat a Christmas meal again?
I would rather give someone a present, nothing warms my heat more than seeing someone’s face light up and love my food too much.
Grow a permanent Santa beard or permanent Antlers?
As much as I dig a beard as impressive as Santas I would prefer Antlers for life, i think i would pull them off better.
Never listen to music again or be forced to listen to Mistletoe and wine 10 times a day?
Oh my I could never do without music and i really don’t like that song. Oooo crap, I think I would have to try and get used to the song and grin and bear it.
Untangle 700 Christmas lights or Peel 700 Carrots?
I would pick the 700 lights, i reckon it would be rather therapeutic. I can’t peel a carrot to save my life so would be there for eternity.
This is a little light hearted much like the My Rude Christmas Quotes so take it with a pinch of salt.
Getting or receiving presents can be so difficult at times and stressful I may add so without further ado here is my take on Christmas Present Epic Fails.
- Ok so here you are people asking you what do you want for Christmas and you tell them. Problem is you could end up with about 3 or 4 of the same thing. ( TIP: make a list of who can get you what and then there’s no duplicates)
- That very expensive thing you bought for yourself or someone else over the Christmas period is now 50% off in the boxing day sales. (TIP: Don’t spend so much in the first place)
- You haven’t got that much money but you promised someone you would give them a present. You look at last years unwanted drawer and pick them something from there. You are not sure if they have given it to you so you panic (TIP: Put a label on of the name of the person who got it for you so you won’t get embarrassed)
- Going a bit over the top and buying a present that was rather pricey for someone and when they come to give you a present you have a box of chocolates (TIP: Don’t be so bloody ungrateful and learn from your mistakes)
- Lastly the classic one. Opening your present and not feeling a sense of happiness but you don’t want to upset the other persons feelings (TIP: Grin and bear it and hope they have the receipt or failing that put it in the drawer for next year)
I picked a few things I find slightly odd that happen over the Christmas period and nobody really questions it.
- You feel that the term ‘sod it its Christmas’ is the answer for everything
- Wishing people a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year even if you have never met them in your life before and don’t intend on seeing them again.
- Feeling the need to kiss anyone in sight on New years just because you feel you need to and because you are half pissed …even if you think you’re the unfortunate one you wont get away without a smooch even if its from a gran with no teeth in.
- Going super silly and buying every bugger in sight a drink just because its Christmas. Only the next morning do you realise that you have emptied out your wallet that had a fair few poundage in…oh sod it its Christmas.
- Only at Christmas can you get away with wearing a cringe worthy jumper with random quotes on it/ a giant snowman/ father Christmas.
yes you guessed it…well the title did give it away a little bit….ok a lot.
I’m a lover of music, can’t go a day without listening to it on either the radio, Spotify or my iTunes. so i thought why not let you see what Christmas songs i love from back in the day and some more recent ones.
Use the scroller at the side to see them all…
Here is the playlist i made on Spotify with some real beauts on there that will have you singing your little hearts out…or your socks off 🙂
Hope you are all in the swing of Christmas so far…Much love xx
It feels like Christmas When…..
- When you hear a Christmas song…in December of course. Mine is Fairy tale of New York (you scumbag you maggot you cheap lousy faggot).
- There is mulled wine when you go somewhere to eat…I’m not a fan of it myself.
- Proper mince pies are out in the supermarket and the bakeries. Can’t beat a bit of squirty cream with mine.
- Your town/village puts up their festive lights…some make more effort than others.
- When you put up your Christmas Decs…there’s no denying then that its getting nearer.
- Father Christmas (the bloke dressed up waving like some silly bugger) comes around on the float blaring ‘oh I wish it could be Christmas everyday.’
- The Christmas jumpers are out in shops. I’ll own up I have two. Don’t know if they’ll fit this year
- Its snowing outside. Rarely do we get it here in England but that’s when it really feels Christmassy.
- When all major shops bring out the gorgeous smelling festive candles. I always like the cinnamon ones.
What makes you feel like Christmas is here?