I BRING YOU MY
I’ve definitely had some brilliant times throughout July that I guess can outweigh the crappy moments. So I thought from my hospital bed I will bring you the memories of my July.
At the start of the month I went to see Dirty Dancing on stage with my Mum, my friend Jayne and her Mum. It’s my favourite film up there with Bridget Jones of course…if only they made that into a musical. It was fantastic such talented people and it had everyone singing their hearts out and quoting the best bits. A must see if you haven’t seen it already.
It was Gay Pride on the same day as Dirty Dancing and even though we weren’t attending it when we got there we were right in the middle of it. It was so lovely to see the sheer amount of people supporting the LGBT community. I’ve never seen so much creativity. There was glitter galore and obviously plenty of rainbows and a few women body painted their boobs too. Saw no painted penises though maybe they weren’t that brave.
My Best friend of 31 years Jessica also named Trev came over for a long awaited girly evening one Saturday and we honestly haven’t laughed so much in all our lives we were reminiscing about all the funny things we used to get up to and how we really haven’t changed still just as silly. We watched Notting Hill in between taking snapchat videos and had some nibbles and Trev got slightly trollied. I had one just to be sociable.
This pretty little peach has been to visit a few times this month. She’s my youngest niece Daisy and she brings a smile to my face every time I see her. We have had plenty of giggles out in my newly revamped garden. Seeing her look at stuff we are doing and being so knowing. I can’t wait til we can sit and have a conversation together and I look forward to when she calls me Auntie Hol. She turns one at the end of the month. So got another reason to spoil her lots.
Lastly, the sunshine days we have been having has lifted my mood up an brought out my freckles too and gave my a slight tan but nothing to write home about.
That’s it for July lets see what August brings
My legs gave way and I was stuck in one place for 2 hours. I could feel that something wasn’t quite right at the beginning of the week but just plodded on the best I could. Didn’t venture anywhere so I didn’t over exert myself.
I can’t use my left side it’s useless at the mo and I’m led in a hospital bed trying to eat fish chips and peas with one hand. I have to go for a MRI scan in a few hours so I’m hoping they’ll find some answers to the reason why I went down like a bag of shit.
If I’m absent from my blog for a few days I’m just recuperating. Just bear with me.
I now have a place at the bottom of the garden where it feels so zen and peaceful and it’s simplistic.
A place where I can take myself off to and get into the state of mind where i can forget about the crap things that have happened and channel my positivity instead.
I’m not spiritual or religious but I’m all for getting rid of negativity that’s around you and not holding too much anger in for too long. It’s not good for you physically or mentally. What’s the saying…
‘LET THAT SHIT GO’
So I aim to go down to this humble place in the evening before bed and give myself time to put myself in a happy mindset ready for the next day.
Think a pair of headphones may be needed so I can blast my panpipes/acoustic tunes and not get frowned upon by the neighbours.
What do you do to wind down?
Oh my goodness really is it really here? I want the weekend to be here already I hear you say. I bloody hate Monday. Well, guess what…..
For years and years the word Monday sends peoples blood pressures shooting up, as they dread the start of the week ahead. The weekends gone and its ages until it comes back around again.
Heres some humour to get you out the Monday blues…
I’m picturing Rod Stewart right now but he looks pretty hot with his crazy hair so not every mullet is hideous.
I guess that we can look at it as not every Monday is the same and some you will shudder at and others you will grow to like.
You needn’t be in a slump for the entire day, starting a week on a bad feeling is just asking for a shit week ahead.
Put a smile on your face, a big pair of positive pants on and make a list of goals you want to smash for the next 7 days and stroll into the week with your head held high.
I found this quote and thought I would add it in at the end
Much loves and a Happy Monday to you all
I was one of the unfortunate sods to still get spots way after puberty had been and gone and no matter what products i used over the years i was still having to find a way of covering them up with thick cakey foundation and concealer.
But the thing was it never got rid of them it just masked them.
I stumbled across the discovery after i had noticed the difference and i thought a ha thats why i have near to no spots. As i write this i have one very small one which is a definitely a huge change from the 10-15 i used to have on my cheeks and chin.
The hot weather came and so did my craving for fruit. i fancy when the weather gets better your hot food doesn’t make so much of an appearance and you opt for something quick and easy.
So here it is….
Yeah a lovely juicy watermelon.
I have it every single day of late either for breakfast with some strawberries and blueberries or as a snack mid afternoon.
Here are some alternatives that include watermelon to jazz it up i you fancy
I have found out these skin facts about watermelon
- Its rich in Vitamin A, B12 and Vitamin C
- It hydrates the skin leaving it looking healthy and supple
- The vitamins in it work as anti ageing
- It minimises pores and stops oil secretion and therefore helps skin clear up
I am not saying you will be spotless i am simply saying that its working for me and its been proven by many others.
Let me know if there are any other foods you have tried and found helps your skin.
Good morning and Happy Monday, Despite the weather change to a dismal grey sky.
I haven’t been feeling too grand of late so apologies for the lack of posting last week. However can’t let things keep me down so here i am with todays post.
Whats in my pink chord Backpack?
I want you to bear in mind this is just the basics that i have in my bag at one time as a woman you know our handbags feel like we have bowling balls in them and have sooo much stuff we really don’t need.
- As i love to write i make sure i have my great ideas notepad and a pen.
- My boots floral Make up bag with my concealer, to hide my dark circles, my eyeliner and a pink lippy of course
- I always have some sort of hand cream and The Body Shop Strawberry one smells so good and leaves my hands so soft.
- I either have a chocolate bar or something sweet in my bag as i’m addicted to sugar and at the mo its Tangfantastics.
- Something a lot of you wont have is catheters in your bag i have about 5-6 in my bag at a time as i have a bladder stoma so when nature calls i’m prepared for it.
- Everyone needs some paracetamol in their bag for when pain strikes.
- I have my Sony A5000 camera for taking photos of whatever catches my eye i like to capture things in the moment.
- I am not a huge fan of chewing gum so a packet of soft mints it is. your breath is always better being minty fresh.
- My purse was a charity shop find. It was brand new and still inits wrapper so i thought for £3 your coming home with me.
- A pair of Sunnies as British weather is so unpredictable you never know when you are going to need them.
- My Iphone because who leaves home without theirs these days…Not me.
- My HP Stream laptop as a blogger its always great to write your posts up wherever you are and this one has a touch screen too so i can draw on it too which i love.
One aim i want you to strive for this summer and carry on the rest of your life is this… Body Confidence
These 10 ways will help you on your way and if you put them into action you soon wont need to look at the list to see what needs to be done to achieve it because you will have it.
Lets get into them…
- Appreciate all that your body can do – It gets up in the morning, it feeds you, you walk around and you exercise it. Be thankful that yours works as some peoples do not.
- Keep a top 10 list of things you like about yourself -Things that aren’t related to how much you weigh or what you look like. So we are looking at your beautiful inside. I will do a blog post on this topic soon.
- Remind yourself that Beauty is not only skin deep – Those so called perfect pictures you see on Instagram that have most likely been edited and staged to hell. You are much more than that. Beauty shouldn’t be taken at face value.
- Look at yourself as a whole person and don’t just focus on one body part. Loving the whole of you is so much better
- Surround yourself with positive people – Those people that lift you up and think your a fabulous human being those are the people you want in your life. The others you just gotta wave bye bye to.
- Shut down the voices that tell you that you are not perfect – Whoever invented that word was silly as people strive to be perfect and hate themselves for not measuring up to someone else. You be you and let them be them.
- Wear clothes that are comfortable and make you feel good – Theres no point putting on those 5 inch heels because you saw them on someone else and they rocked them if you can’t walk in them and you don’t usually wear them. Have your own unique style and own it.
- Look at social media / magazines in a constructive and positive way – Don’t slate the photos of females you think aren’t owning their look if you don’t have anything nice to say don’t say it at all. Us women were born to build each other up not tear each other down.
- Do something nice for yourself and let your body know its appreciated – Buy it some new clothes or give it a nice soak in the bath with some bubbles. Every body loves a good pampering i know mine does . Love your body.
- Send out a good message to others doubting their body – There are so many of us that are looking for body confidence and once you have got yours you can help others as well.
Don’t forget these 10 write them down, share them and use them.