Lately I have realised there is no point in clogging up your life with things that just add more stress and anxiousness to what really can be a more zen like kind of life.
I have came up with a list of things that you can start doing to help get your mental health looking and feeling more like you got your shit in order to put it quite frankly.
- Go to bed 30 minutes earlier than you normally would. Do this for a few weeks and you’ll soon be in a routine.
- Journal for 15 minutes about whatever comes to mind. Its for your eyes only so don’t hold back.
- Make weekly goals and do daily gratitude journalling. It will make you appreciate things more.
- Reward yourself with a pampering or a nice bubble bath. Giving yourself some well deserved me time.
DIET AND EXERCISE
- Meditate for 5 mins in the morning and a little longer in the evening if you can to keep your mind clear and allow yourself to unwind.
- Find a workout you enjoy and do it regularly. Yoga, Pilates or Tai Chi are less strenuous and focus on the here and now.
- Look at your diet and add some goodness into it whether its fruit, veggies, nuts and seeds or just drinking more water your body will thank you for it.
- Enjoy every bite you take and appreciate what you’re eating.
- Remove all unwanted texts from your phone unless you really need to keep them its just using up space. That goes for emails too.
- Try to not go on social media first thing in the morning, take this time to be productive. Leave it until at least 11am before you click on it.
- Unfollow people who don’t inspire you.
- Don’t use your phone at mealtimes and out with friends you’re meant to be enjoying the moment not dictating your outing word for word.
- Give yourself a compliment, and compliment others too.
- Make sure you laugh daily -My favourite quote is live,laugh, love.
- Make a Pinterest board of positive quotes and affirmations.
- Do a little random act of kindness. It’s always nice to make someone’s day.
Putting these into practice everyday will change your life completely and you’ll look at it in a totally different light. It will become part of you before you know it and you won’t be getting stressed right out because you will have these helpful tools to keep you smiling.