Last month i remember wishing the leaves would change colour and fall off. The trees surrounding our house are completely naked. So my wish was granted. However mother bagged them all up from the garden and it looks like there never was any.
So November has been a funny month, blink and you would have missed it.
First of all my favourite thing this month was having my hair cut and donating 10 inches of it.
Then comes these:
I heard it on the radio and good old shazam told me the title and who it was by.
It was Don’t worry baby by The Beach boys – I remember it being on the film never been kissed and loving the song back then.
I have absolutely loved the Vanilla Marshmallow range from The Body Shop. It’s not your typical Christmas scent but I’m pretty sure it’s part of the Christmas ones. I did go a bit mad in the sale but I’ll smell bloody beautiful so it’s all good.
One of my followers over on Instagram that I’ve been in touch with from the start of my blogging journey has been an absolute babe especially when i need cheering up.
Shes from South Africa and you will love her too i guarantee it – her name is Victoria otherwise known as toridacosta her blog is Allthingsbelo
I have had this on my android phone for a few months then i saw someone using it on a YouTube video i was watching and on apple it has so many features that it doesn’t have on android. You can turn videos into something original and really wonderful. Its free aswell its called PocketVideo (all one word). I use it all the time now for all sorts of projects and on Instagram.
You know me i am all about being confident in your own skin and when i saw this i just had to include it as my favourite for this month
I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing what I’ve loved this month. Let me know what’s made your November.
Til next time
I want to first say thank you so much for those of you that have tuned into my podcasts for the last 9 weeks and showed me love and support. It has kept me busy focusing on something to make others happy and it’s hopefully been helpful too.
I want to get planning in December not just on my future podcasts but on my blog posts and i hope to make a few videos too.
So this week I decided to do two topics in the final one of the year which is on True Friends and How to start off the new year right.
it’s heartwarming but helpful at the same time.
LISTEN ON SOUNDCLOUD
TAKE YOUR PICK ON WHICH ONE YOU WANT TO LISTEN TO IT FROM. ON SOUNDCLOUD YOU DON’T NEED AN ACCOUNT OR THE APP I AM UNSURE ON SPOTIFY
LISTEN ON SPOTIFY
I always welcome feedback on whatever i produce, so don’t be afraid.
Much loves and i’ll see you in my next post 😘
Why always Monday you ask?
Well i guess it’s a new week and you want to start a fresh.
When actually, you can start it any day you wish.
But heres me again saying it to you on a Sunday night (face in hands)
This totally represents me – getting on the scales and thinking noooo way that can’t be right and get on a second time just to make sure.
I really have a sweet tooth. If i had to write a list out i bet you most would be sugary foods.
I attempted to diet/healthy eat here
I HAVE A BIG BUTT AND I CAN NOT LIE
I failed miserably as i wasn’t fully focused and something upsets the apple cart and i turn to my beloved comfort food.
You know what i did it before and lost 6 stone back in 2008 so I’m pretty sure i can do it again.
Obviously i don’t want to lose that amount. A stone would be amazing.
Maybe I’ll do a series on my diet/healthy eating. I shall get my thinking cap on.
Just because Christmas is just around the corner its no excuse for me not to start.
Monday I’m coming for ya.
Til next time
I thought I would do something a little bit different and do a comparison kind of post.
It’s coming to the end of the year in just under 6 weeks. We can say Happy 2019 and good riddance to the year you’ve just had. Unless of course it was one of your best years of your life then cherish every moment.
Most of you reading this will no doubt have some way of recording your creative moments you do, whether it’s blogging, any clubs you belong to, or the things that bring you joy such as meeting with friends or family and doing exciting stuff.
In this day and age it’s generally a diary and bullet journal that people turn to and I wanted to talk about the things I think set them apart from each other.
- A diary comes in a few forms, one that’s already got the pages organised for you in 7 days (a week obviously). Some a page a day if you have a lot to write and jot notes or doodle on the side. Then finally there’s the one that has the times from morning til night if you are one that plans by the hour.
- You can write how the days gone in a diary and flip back at a later date to remind you what happened on a certain day. I have a fair few of these in my loft.
- They come in array of sizes and usually you can search online and type in whatever style or colour cover you want and it’s doable. Some pricier then others depending where you buy it from
- When you decide to bullet journal there are endless things you can put in there from a weekly spread where you have a key method of symbols to show whether it’s been completed, migrated or not done etc. You can make it your own key you don’t need to follow the way the inventor did, make it your own.
- It’s more of a tracker compared to a diary, you can make pages decorative and for instance track what series you are watching and how far along you are. What books you’ve read, giving them stars for how good/bad they were. A habit tracker, your favourite quotes, literally anything your heart desires.
- Usually you would get either a plain hardback book or one with dots in or if you are going to be doing more writing than drawing then a feint lined one would be great also. The one people swear by is the make Leuchttrum 1917 simply because it’s such excellent quality.
Personally I gave bullet journaling a go and it didn’t work for me I couldn’t get my creative juices going at the time so a diary it’s been for the last two years. It’s not to say I won’t ever do a bullet journal but it’s just not for me right now.
Which one would you pick for your creative needs?
Thanks for stopping by
Til next time
As you know I have been doing a podcast series and today I uploaded the second to last one.
I have really enjoyed just chatting away about a chosen subject and getting some people interested at the same time.
My heart and soul is in my writing but if I can get my points across in a different form then it’s getting to a different kind of audience right?
So here are the links for Spotify
and for soundcloud
Both don’t require an account just press on the play button and it’ll play here 😁
This week is all about expectations and the unexpected. I think you’ll find it interesting and helpful as I always like to put my own twist on things.
Til next time
Yes i know my hair is a little fly away but today that’s how i feel.
I wish i could fly away from all the upset in my life and land on a private island – sounds appealing doesn’t it.
I hate that over the last few years my poor health has taken over with my bladder, my neurological condition and the will to just walk miles around the shopping centre – but I’m so thankful that a wheelchair still gives me independence.
My days are always controlled by when my body paralysis will hit, how bad and for how long.
I spoke to my Dad on the phone earlier. He has vascular dementia and it was not the conversation i wish i was having with him.
I wish i was saying lets go on an adventure like we used to Dad. It’s so damn sad.
Only last month i lost my big brother who had battled cancer twice and this time it took him. It always pains me when its always the best people it happens to and not the bad buggers locked up.
Illness affects everyone i know that but it truly sucks when it’s yourself and your family that seems to suffer so much.
Tomorrow will hopefully bring a better day and I’m probably just having a bit of a crappy one today.
Rememer it’s ok to not be ok
Til next time
I thought to finish off my week of blogging everyday I’d do a quick Q and A and then those of you that are new-ish followers can get to know me better
So let’s jump on in with the questions – some random some deep
- Do you prefer to write with black or blue pen? Black it’s looks professional.
- Would you rather live in the city or the country? The countryside it’s peaceful.
- What was your favourite book as a child? The lion, witch and the wardrobe.
- Which would you chose bath or shower? Bath, you can relax and unwind.
- What’s your favourite item of clothing? My black suede ankle boots.
- Do you have a favourite scent? Loverdose by Diesel – it smells bloody gorgeous.
- Would you consider yourself a romantic? Very much so, love hugs and kisses.
- Do you miss someone at the moment? Yes my brother who’s in heaven .
- Have you met anyone famous? Yes Paul Hollywood 3 years ago, very yum.
- Do you keep a diary or a journal? I keep both I love documenting stuff.
- Describe yourself in one word? Talkative – since i could talk. My poor parents.
- Which decade would you like to live in? The 60s, fab style and music.
- What’s your favourite app to use? Pinterest of course, it’s so addictive.
- What do you spend way too much money on? Skincare, want baby soft skin.
- What event small or large changed your life? Being bullied made me stronger.
- What is your dream career? A motivational speaker – share my experiences.
- What’s your sexual orientation? I love who my heart chooses simple as that
If you reached here on a Sunday night without falling asleep well done you.
Roll on next week, hope yours is fab. I’ll see you in my next post.