I thought I would do something a little bit different and do a comparison kind of post.
It’s coming to the end of the year in just under 6 weeks. We can say Happy 2019 and good riddance to the year you’ve just had. Unless of course it was one of your best years of your life then cherish every moment.
Most of you reading this will no doubt have some way of recording your creative moments you do, whether it’s blogging, any clubs you belong to, or the things that bring you joy such as meeting with friends or family and doing exciting stuff.
In this day and age it’s generally a diary and bullet journal that people turn to and I wanted to talk about the things I think set them apart from each other.
- A diary comes in a few forms, one that’s already got the pages organised for you in 7 days (a week obviously). Some a page a day if you have a lot to write and jot notes or doodle on the side. Then finally there’s the one that has the times from morning til night if you are one that plans by the hour.
- You can write how the days gone in a diary and flip back at a later date to remind you what happened on a certain day. I have a fair few of these in my loft.
- They come in array of sizes and usually you can search online and type in whatever style or colour cover you want and it’s doable. Some pricier then others depending where you buy it from
- When you decide to bullet journal there are endless things you can put in there from a weekly spread where you have a key method of symbols to show whether it’s been completed, migrated or not done etc. You can make it your own key you don’t need to follow the way the inventor did, make it your own.
- It’s more of a tracker compared to a diary, you can make pages decorative and for instance track what series you are watching and how far along you are. What books you’ve read, giving them stars for how good/bad they were. A habit tracker, your favourite quotes, literally anything your heart desires.
- Usually you would get either a plain hardback book or one with dots in or if you are going to be doing more writing than drawing then a feint lined one would be great also. The one people swear by is the make Leuchttrum 1917 simply because it’s such excellent quality.
Personally I gave bullet journaling a go and it didn’t work for me I couldn’t get my creative juices going at the time so a diary it’s been for the last two years. It’s not to say I won’t ever do a bullet journal but it’s just not for me right now.
Which one would you pick for your creative needs?
Thanks for stopping by
Til next time