I’m speaking from past experiences but doesn’t January just put you out of sorts. Literally at the stroke of midnight New Year’s Eve and bam 💥 you’re in another month…another year nonetheless and I know some people just hate change. It’s like you are expected to put on a happy face and celebrate…
Don’t be ashamed, it’s ok to feel underwhelmed.
Here are 10 things to do to help you feel a little more happier if only a little bit
- Write down 5 things that immediately bring a smile to your face
- Eat your favourite meal – whether you cook it or order it in
- Look through photos that hold great memories
- Give yourself a little pampering – you’re worth it
- Give your bedroom/living space a makeover
- Phone a friend and just chat – it’s good to talk
- Make yourself a playlist of music that gets your heart singing as well as you
- Order yourself a few items of clothing, It’s surprising how much of a difference it can make to your mood
- Get writing. Whatever is on your mind write it down, it’s s great form of self reflection and therapy.
- Plan a day/evening out with a friend or family member. It’ll do you good to let your hair down.
Look at January like this it’s half way through the month now. You’ve made it this far. So take it day by day and appreciate the littlest things that do make you grin.
Always feel free to DM me on my twitter or instagram page below
Til next time my sweet ones