As March has been a bit of a right off for me I thought I’d just wrack my brains for some things that have bought a smile to my face.
Noisette potatoes… Had them in the hospital bit of nostalgia from my childhood. Like little balls of potato in batter. Delish.
Jim Reeves – I love you because. My poorly great aunt ( who’s had a stroke) said put Jim reeves on and when I played this she mouthed all the words. Bless her heart. The lyrics are beautiful 😍
APP OF THE MONTH
Pottery lite – it’s therapeutic, you throw a pot then decorate it then sell it at a pretend auction. It’s rather addictive and is good if you want to fill in some empty time.
Purely because of what I’ve endured these past weeks.
Let me know down below something in your March that’s made you happy.
ROLL ON APRIL 🙈
Most of my posts have been written in advance as I didn’t know how I was going to be feeling after my surgery. I usually write and publish my blog posts the same day but I had to think ahead.
So I thought I’d just write a short question and answer about my surgery and how I’m feeling
- What surgery did I have: I had my bladder removed it took 9 hours as they wanted to save my bowel and uterus as they were stuck together with adhesions.
- Did you have to have anything done to prep you for it: I had to drink these vile drinks for 2 days then alter my eating to softish food. It was a bit of a struggle but I did it.
- How long is recovery expected to be: some people are still recovering years later but I’ve been told I can’t lift anything heavier than a kettle for 6 months or more. My niece will just have to come cuddle up on the other side as she’s getting a lump at nearly 3 so I’m not up for doing myself damage.
- Are the staff nice: Overall they are all really nice and helpful and reassure me when I’m a bit scared
- What’s the hospital food like:to be honest because my appetite has gone a bit I’ve not ate very much at all. The food I have had is edible just not a variety that I see on the menu they bring round.
- What are you doing to pass the time: for the first couple of days / nearly a week I felt pretty rotten and been dosed up with painkillers. When I have been ok I’ve watched the TV they have in my room then the occasional Netflix film or YouTube video.
- Do you have to adapt to anything differently: yes plenty. I now have a bag stuck to my body that needs to be very well looked after and of course the stoma itself. It’ll all come with practise.
- A positive message for others facing surgery: keep a positive head, a strong mind will get you through anything.
OK. So here are some meaningful quotes that I know you will be able to relate on some level.
Looking at someone past their looks and seeing what they are really all about.
Know that number 1 is you and don’t put someone else’s importance before your own.
You want to conquer something but you need the courage to do it. Spread them wings, get flying.
Finding the right people in life that will make you smile, lift you up and watch you improve in life.
You need to leave the past behind to be able to move forward. I know you’ve heard this one before probably from many people. It’s because it’s so true.
It’s not plain sailing for anyone. You need to know that everybody has bumps in their path of life. Struggles are everywhere, it’s how you handle them.
And that’s your life lesson for today 😂
Til next time
I never used to be organised, I would just shove stuff in a drawer or at the bottom of the wardrobe until I couldn’t fit anything else in then it was a case of having to sort it out. But as I have matured a bit over the years I think that nothing is worse than living in chaos.
So I have come up with some things that I like to keep on top of to make me feel like I have my shit together.
❤️Organise closet/cupboard/wardrobe wherever you put your clothes. I find putting them in sections of colour is gonna so when you are feeling red for example you can go to your red items and take your pick. Alternatively you can have one end for best and the other end for casual
❤️Making time for a Morning/evening routine. You don’t need a long list of things just some essentials that will make your day/night easier
❤️Sort apps on phone into folders -it’ll keep it looking tidy and you’ll know where all the necessary ones are
❤️Use a notepad or planner to make the most out of your day, with to do lists, meal plans, places to go and people to see.
❤️Delete unwanted photos/messages/numbers on your phone to free up space.
❤️If you can clean as you go, if not allocate some time in your day to do it instead of letting it all mount up. Delegate your load with others in the house if you don’t live alone.
❤️Keep tabs on your spending so you can see what you are getting that you need and can be justified as a reasonable buy and those that aren’t need to be cut back so you’ll have some savings for a rainy day.
❤️Keep your bedroom as spotless as you can as this is for relaxing and unwinding.
❤️Declutter anything that serves you no purpose anymore ( I’ll do another post on this soon. )
❤️Pack bag, food and outfit for the next day the night before do you won’t be faffing about in the morning.
I hope you can use these in your daily life to make it less stressful
Feel free to share your tips below
Thanks for stopping by
Til next time
I want you to really digest what I’m about to say.
We all have had those days when we really can’t stand to look at ourselves in the mirror, we don’t feel pretty in the slightest.
Do you know what?
We are human and having a down day is very normal.
But I want you to really think about the person that you are inside and out.
- I want you to love all that you are, flaws and all. There’s not another you out there.
- Take compliments on board, I know when I give someone a compliment I truly mean it and don’t just go round saying it for fun.
- Have daily mantras that you can either say out loud or to yourself (for example yes I can) click here for a list of ones you can use
- Give yourself a pep talk on the bad days and remind yourself you are good enough and you are worth it.
- When you ooze self confidence you will feel a sense of happiness in life and your wellbeing will totally alter. Going from self conscious to self confidence will take time but you will feel the benefits of it.
Don’t ever doubt your worth, and don’t let anybody tell you you are anything less than fabulous.
In Minnie Ripertons words as I have titled this blog post- loving you is easy cos you’re beautiful.
Thanks for stopping by
Til next time
I say I am not scared but deep down I’m bricking it.
So on Friday I had to go to hospital to get ‘marked up ‘ which means they get a permanent marker and draw on where they think my stoma will go to and how high I wear my trousers so this is what my tummy looks like at the mo.
On Saturday I had to have my last substantial meal but also 3 of these build up drinks called fortisips. Luckily I like the 2 flavours they gave me – Apricot and vanilla. I must say it was hard drinking them as they are like a milkshake but fill you up a lot more.
I tried to distract myself from thinking too much about it and watched a bit of eye candy on the TV – Micky Flanagan. I know he’s not your typical hunk but there’s just something about him 😍
Today’s Sunday and I’ve got to seriously get sorted because tomorrow is the day.
I have to make sure all is packed in my bag the essentials and mum said she can bring things up at a later date when I’m feeling a bit more human. I have to stop eating properly at 2pm and can have jelly and ice cream til midnight if I am hungry. The dreaded drinks I have another 6 to drink today and then 2 Monday in the morning before surgery.
I’m going to enjoy a nice soak in the shower as I dunno when I’ll be able to have my next one. I bought Bohemian Rhapsody on DVD so that’ll be tonight’s viewing before I attempt to get a bit of shut eye before my 5am wake up call.
I’ve got some scheduled blog posts for 2 weeks so I hope you’ll enjoy them.
If only our house wasn’t carpeted… Or maybe in my dream house I could do one of these DIYs on the stairs.
I love quotes and positivity and seeing these on Pinterest I thought I’d share incase any of you thought of doing something similar.
Some people may think this looks a bit naff but I think it’s really quirky.
Anyway my beauts Here’s to the weekend.