Self care is not just all about putting on a face mask and pampering yourself, but my goodness doesn’t that sound like a great idea.
Self care is about taking care of you as a whole and making sure you are being kind to every part of you inside and out.
I’ve come up with a list of things to do on days when you need that extra more care and attention…mind, body and soul.
So here goes
- Unplug your phone/ put it on do not disturb for an hour or two just let your mind just be
- put on some relaxing music whether it’s acoustic or panpipes or just instrumental just enjoy the sounds.
- Do a brain dump – grab a notebook and just unload what’s in your head onto one page it’ll help clear your head.
- write poetry/ song. You will find it so therapeutic.
- light some scented candles or diffuse essential oils. Get your area smelling serene.
- Find an app to destress you I think insight app is great. A must try.
- self massage, the bits you can get to just add moisture to it with either baby oil or a body lotion. Make your body feel loved.
- Practise positive affirmations whether you say them out loud on in your head it will keep you in a positive mindset.
- Do some yoga or some form of stretching, you’ll find that this will get rid of any tension built up inside.
- Take a nap if needs be, it’s will renew your energy and get you in the mood to take on anything the day has in store for you
- Make yourself a self care box of all things you love and that make you smile. If it fits put it in there.
- Just enjoy your own company doing what ever your heart desires whether it’s watching a movie, eating your favourite food or singing along to your favourite songs.