I love a little Q and A, get to know people/yourself.
Found on good old Pinterest I picked a few from a list, so here goes.
1. Crush? Well I’m a bit old for crushes but there is one man I like to swoon over every time I see him 😍
2. Eye colour? Green, with a tiny bit of brown at the top. I get a lot of compliments on them.
3. Last time I cried? Watching someone die of cancer on a soap ( a week ago)
4. Biggest fear? Its a toss up of moths and sick (Eww to both)
5. Last song I listened to? Taylor Swift – Bad Blood. Was on one of my playlists on Spotify.
6. Relationship Status? Single, it’ll have to take an amazing person to change that.
7. Are you currently happy? No I’m scared I have the dentist in a few hours that includes alot of drilling. Must take earphones.
8. Favourite colour? If you haven’t guessed already by the theme of the blog it’s pink… Been obsessed since I was about 12. If its pink I’m having it.
9. Pet peeves? Chamming (eating with your mouth open), loud breathers (I know we got to breathe) 🙈, polystyrene cos I hate the way it feels and breaks (kind of a phobia I guess)
10. Last book I read? Not that type of girl by Lena Durham. It was well interesting. Still not completely finished it but that’s me and books all over.
Me swooning over that man 😍
Thanks for stopping by, til next time xx
October is coming to a close and November is waiting in the wings
I am quite sad October can’t go on for longer it’s my favourite month of the year
Anyways let’s get back to why we are here.
These things brought me joy this month.
Mum asked me if there was anything specific that I wanted for my birthday… Well I had seen these on ASOS and said these would be perfect (for when we in England get dry days) so this was what she got me. Normally I don’t get any named trainers but they were pink and they did half sizes so I was happy I could get them.
I think I may have mentioned these before. They are by Rowntree – the people who make fruit pastilles they make these ice lollies too.
They are so bloody yum and I think about 60 calories so don’t worry if you are on a healthy diet these would be a great pick for a treat.
SELF CARE BOOK
I got some books a couple of weeks ago as I need to get my nerd on. I’m a writer, but when it comes to books I need to try concentrate on getting it finished. This one is a self help book and at the mo it’s got 5 stars from me. It’s small enough to fit into a inside coat pocket or a handbag.
BOURJOIS LIP DUO SCULPT
Last month I went in search for a lipstick that was autumn appropriate in its shade and long lasting. The shade is like the colour of my nails. I believe in this range there’s another 2 or 3. Superdrug or boots normally have make up offers so go spoil yourself.
ROCKETMAN ON DVD
This was another thing I had for my birthday, this was from my Sister.
If you haven’t heard of it it’s a story of Elton John’s life. It was quite sad to see what he went through to get to where he is now . It did have Happy moments in it and alot of his music. So if you like films that are like musicals, you’ll love this one.
QUOTE OF THE MONTH
Not much of an explanation needed just some people are worth the second chance and some are not worth your energy.
I hope you have had a lovely October…
Feel free to leave below something that made your month
Til next time
You know when you have all your pretty notebooks you don’t want to use because you just want up admire them and keep them fresh…
So you get yourself a boring notebook and it just doesn’t scream use me so just gets pushed to one side.
I thought why not use that lonely book and make it look simple but pretty at the same time so here is what I decided to go with.
A piece of pink card, some double sided adhesive tape, some sticker paper, a quote and there you have it. A couple of hearts drawn on for good measure.
You don’t have to be good at crafts, just use your imagination a bit.
Go as crazy as you like…
If you decide to do it and share it on Instagram tag me @holzieloves or use #HLDIY
Happy Thursday 😘
Some of us just write a blog post and post it and aren’t overly fussed about how it does or who it’s inspired.
However the majority of us do, as it shows how you grow in your journey of blogging.
So I thought about the types of things we all could do throughout the month to stay ahead of ourselves.
– Publish new blog post
– Respond to comments
– Ensure all links in post work correctly
– Comment on 5-10 peoples blog posts
– Browse Internet for inspiration
– Promote on all your social media platforms
– Check and respond to ant emails / DMs you have
– Plan and start writing your next post
– Make mind maps or bullet points for future posts
– Use Pinterest to get ideas
– Take photographs, find graphics and quotes to use in your blog posts.
– Continue to share your posts over on your socials but don’t over do it… You don’t want to appear annoying.
– Have a evaluation of how your blog is performing, print out the insights and see which ones your readers are most interested in
– Improve on things in your blog that you spot isn’t working so great, maybe your schedule of the days you post or the type of content you put out.
– Look at the theme and think do you still love it, because if you don’t… It needs to change.
I could go on and on but those were just a few pointers.
The most important thing is to interact with your readers in your blog post, the comments and then in their blog posts too. Be a loyal follower 🌸
I have just realised my title is a high school muaical song but I’m going to roll with it.
So I really think making lists is something that everyone should do.
Even if you have a mind that remembers everything.
These little beauts are from Card Factory for £2 and they pretty much are all you need to have your shit together.
In tomorrows post I am going to be talking all things blogging and what things will be helpful during each month.
So come back tomorrow and I hope today is a good start to your week.
Bring your notepad and pen to take notes.
Wow I am totally blown away by the following products I had as a birthday present from my sister in law.
I had never really used products that were so natural and organic, I just would go for a scent or what the product said it did and that was it.
This wild rose beauty balm is truly a miracle in a little jar.
It acts as a moisturiser on those dry spots and you can also use it to remove your make up at the end of the day. The big plus is that it smells absolutely gorgeous.
Next is this reviving white tea face mask that isn’t too heavy on the skin and leaves a fresh and clean feel. I love it already.
Who doesn’t love a facial mist? This is in the same scent as above. When you just want your skin to be hydrated this one will have your back… Well your face technically.
If you suffer with the odd anxious moment, then this little roll on will come to your rescue. It has lavender in it which is relaxing, as you all know. Well if you didn’t you do now.
Before you nod off I really do rate this beauty sleep serum that doesn’t leave a sticky residue or anything just helps aid your sleep and makes your skin fabulous at the same time.
It all comes in this lovely little bag that you can either keep them all in or reuse it for something else. Think it’s perfect for travelling.
You’ll always get a leaflet telling you all about the product itself which I think is very useful.
Visit Neal’s Yard Remedies to see what other products they offer
Have you ever been on a date and the person you thought you been talking to was just your type.
Whether you met them on a drunken night out and have arranged a first date via text or you have been online dating.
Then you meet up with them and they are nothing like you remember and or look nothing like their picture.
You get there and they are sat there smiling and you walk in like….
When you match with someone online or their profile seems appealing, so messages are exchanged and you start to find out about this person who is very easy on the eye.
Thing is, when you eventually pluck up courage to meet them it really doesn’t match up they don’t look like their photos and they were telling you a load of bull just to get a date…
I myself have been in some situations just like these and you just wanna run back out the door.
Some of you do and don’t look back, most of us would just sit down and feel so awkward for the duration.
I tell you if it was me I’d order my food and when it came out I’d have to do this to him
Dating can be so hard, and not knowing what you are letting yourself get into is kind of scary.
So my advice is… If you are going to date online or you’re just exchanging texts only tell them minimal details, don’t open your heart too much as you know it’ll get hurt. If you do want to meet them… Please take a friend and make sure they are in sight so you can leave swiftly if you feel really uncomfortable.