Since most of us at Christmas are super stressed and we want everything to be perfect for this one special day which we call Christmas. I thought I would go researching and here are some tips to help you enjoy it and still have hair on your head by the end of it.
- Fork out the address book and hopefully your bought Christmas cards (you best go buy some if you haven’t) – a little secret buy next years after Christmas to save pennies.
- Write the cards , get stamps and send them off before the cut off date(check the post office website for details) – deliver if they are local.
- Make an inventory of what you have in the cupboard and what you think you need to feed the mouths of your guests at Christmas. Then go out and find your bargain buys at the supermarket.
- Create a gift list and buy what they would like not what you think they may like as it may be end up being an unwanted present. Don’t lose the receipts.
- Get the tree out the attic/loft or go purchase one and go absolutely mad with the decorations – show your creative streak.
- Go to Christmas fayres and get into the Christmas spirit
- Blast out a Christmas playlist and sing your heart out and dance round like a loon.
- Make sure you have enough wrapping paper and then get on and wrap your gifts. For the lazy bums enough gift bags.
- Sort out arrangements for the big day, lighten the load and help each other along.
- Open the door to a Christmas caroller even if they sound like a strangled cat, they are trying their best. pop them a pound or what you can spare for their charity and on their way they go.
- Go visit elderly friends and relatives, sometimes they are left on the back burner because they’ve endured so many Christmases. Elderly people get sad this time of year so make someone smile this Christmas.
- Make sure you have got the mince pies cos they are yummy and obviously Santa likes them too ha ha
- Put on your favourite Christmas Film, light the fire, put some candles on, wrap up in a blanket and enjoy.
Merry Christmas xx
This is a little light hearted post so take it with a pinch of salt.
Getting or receiving presents can be so difficult at times and stressful I may add so without further ado here is my take on Christmas Present Epic Fails.
- Ok so here you are people asking you what do you want for Christmas and you tell them. Problem is you could end up with about 3 or 4 of the same thing. ( TIP: make a list of who can get you what and then there’s no duplicates)
- That very expensive thing you bought for yourself or someone else over the Christmas period is now 50% off in the boxing day sales. (TIP: Don’t spend so much in the first place)
- You haven’t got that much money but you promised someone you would give them a present. You look at last years unwanted drawer and pick them something from there. You are not sure if they have given it to you so you panic (TIP: Put a label on of the name of the person who got it for you so you won’t get embarrassed)
- Going a bit over the top and buying a present that was rather pricey for someone and when they come to give you a present you have a box of chocolates (TIP: Don’t be so bloody ungrateful and learn from your mistakes)
- Lastly the classic one. Opening your present and not feeling a sense of happiness but you don’t want to upset the other persons feelings (TIP: Grin and bear it and hope they have the receipt or failing that put it in the drawer for next year)
It feels like Christmas When…..
- When you hear a Christmas song…in December of course. Mine is Fairy tale of New York (you scumbag you maggot you cheap lousy faggot).
- There is mulled wine when you go somewhere to eat…I’m not a fan of it myself.
- Proper mince pies are out in the supermarket and the bakeries. Can’t beat a bit of squirty cream with mine.
- Your town/village puts up their festive lights…some make more effort than others.
- When you put up your Christmas Decs…there’s no denying then that its getting nearer.
- Father Christmas (the bloke dressed up waving like some silly bugger) comes around on the float blaring ‘oh I wish it could be Christmas everyday.’
- The Christmas jumpers are out in shops. I’ll own up I have two. Don’t know if they’ll fit this year
- Its snowing outside. Rarely do we get it here in England but that’s when it really feels Christmassy.
- When all major shops bring out the gorgeous smelling festive candles. I always like the cinnamon ones.
What makes you feel like Christmas is here?
I picked a few things I find slightly odd that happen over the Christmas period and nobody really questions it.
- You feel that the term ‘sod it its Christmas’ is the answer for everything
- Wishing people a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year even if you have never met them in your life before and don’t intend on seeing them again.
- Feeling the need to kiss anyone in sight on New years just because you feel you need to and because you are half pissed …even if you think you’re the unfortunate one you wont get away without a smooch even if its from a gran with no teeth in.
- Going super silly and buying every bugger in sight a drink just because its Christmas. Only the next morning do you realise that you have emptied out your wallet that had a fair few poundage in…oh sod it its Christmas.
- Only at Christmas can you get away with wearing a cringe worthy jumper with random quotes on it/ a giant snowman/ father Christmas.
Let me know what things you think you or people do just because it’s Christmas.
My 2nd BLOGMAS message
I’m sat here in my office listening to Band Aids ‘do they know it’s Christmas’ on my IPad. It’s kind of helping me get my festive head on.
I know most of you guys are all about reading and seeing all things Christmassy so I will try keep it a helpful, entertaining and positive blog this December.
I also know that some people don’t like to celebrate for some reason or another and we all need to respect this. So if you are one of them have a nosey back at some of my other content until the 26th.
I may do a blog every day but I didn’t want to put the pressure on myself which is why you will see the blog is labelled as #1 instead of Day 1.
If you are participating in BLOGMAS, VLOGMAS or just a festive Instagram then let me know down below I’ll go check it out for sure.
Thanks for stopping by
I’ll see you in my next post 😘
Also an added extra in every December post
This quote makes so much sense
Life is more fun when you are achieving, happy and not stressed.
So practise feeling good instead of feeling shit.
Oh wow I can hardly believe that December is the end of the week.
Here’s some favourite things that made me smile throughout the month of November
Connecting with an old school friend. We kept on saying that we would meet up but never did. Then last week I went on a few outings with her and it was just like the olden days 😂
Spending some time with my family (my sister, my brother, my nephew, my niece and my little niece oh and my brothers fiancé) on separate occasions. Family is so precious and we have such a lovely bond too.
My wig of course and this is one of my favourite quotes too. I can’t wait til my hair is this length. May be waiting for some time.
My lush bras from Ann summers. They truly make my boobs feel loved as they fit so well. So don’t worry about paying a little more to get comfort and prettiness.My favourite song this month has to be
Orphans by Coldplay. It just gets in my head when it comes on the radio.
Naughty me may have been to McDonalds once or twice this month and these are what I have got both times… Chicken nuggets and cheesy melt dippers. Yummy delicious 😋This has to be one of my best finds this month in the way of a quote.
What’s been a favourite of yours this month?
Thanks for stopping by
Til next time 😘