I’ve waited for you all year October.
I love October because….
- It is now officially autumn
- It gets darker sooner so can get all snuggled up under fluffy blankets.
- It’s my birthday in this month
- Halloween… When not all the trick or treaters don’t come and there’s sweets left over.
It also not the best month for one reason: I lost my brother last year. So it’s always going to be a little bit sad. But I like to remember the happy times I had with him.
What’s your favourite month and why?
Today it really has felt autumnal, to the point I heard my mum say those magic words
“Hol, shall we put the heating on?”
Autumn is actually my favourite season. I love how you can get nice and cosy under a blanket with the candles and if you’re lucky enough an open fire and watch all the TV you like.
I have even started looking on Pinterest for fashion inspiration for this colder weather so I thought I’d share a few bits I like with you.
There will be more autumn themed posts throughout Sept and October so keep an eye out
Til next time… Much loves
Since my birthday is in October it’s always been my favourite season and I love how you can simply slide from summer to the central heating and still feel warm…
The leaves haven’t quite changed colours yet. When one drops down on my head I will finally say autumn is here.
Here are a few essential things that I like to have…I missed out my hot water bottle but that one is with me all year round. Yes I’m slightly odd but hey I don’t mind being an oddington one bit 🙂
- Hot Choc – With all the decorations if you feel like going a bit fancy
- A Snuggly Blanket – Literally stuck to you until next summer
- The Fireplace – Whether it’s a open fire or central heating just the nice feeling of not being cold.
- A spiced candle – Those scents that bring the nostalgia of autumn
- Nights in front of the box – All the films and new series to enjoy
- A Pumpkin – Because of hallowe’en of course. You’re never too old.
- A woolly jumper – The key thing you should have in your wardrobe to get you through the colder months.
- Hat, scarf and gloves – So you can still enjoy being outside but your keeping well wrapped up.
- Wellingtons Boots – To jump in the mound of colourful leaves and big puddles.
What reminds you of Autumn?
See you next time…