Hi one and all,
So I have just uploaded a little message on my YouTube channel to get you in the right frame of mind for starting off next year good.
It’s a really positive message and I hope you will take something away from it.
CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO
Much loves and happy Sunday
For this weeks Q and A I am joined by the wonderful Hannah from AMETHYST ROSE BEAUTY who’s blog posts have inspired me reading them and I hope they will inspire you too.
Here’s a few questions I came up with….
What quote do you love/live by?
I love the quote ‘Once you become fearless life becomes limitless’ because is so true. In life I realised I needed to be fearless in conquering things I wanted to achieve. Being fearless to me means not caring what others think or say, only doing things for me and things that make me happy. Then life really does become limitless, because there are no restrictions on what you can achieve!
What makes you feel confident?
Every time I wear a bold lip I feel so confident! No matter if it’s a simple makeup look or full glam a bold lip, it just makes me feel like I can conquer anything.
What is your signature make up look?
My go to signature makeup look would be winged liner and simple eyeshadow, a bold lip and a good highlight! It’s so quick to do but looks like so much more effort has gone into it!
Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging as it was something I had been thinking about doing for a while, and eventually thought there’s no time like the present! So I stopped putting it off and here we are today! Blogging about makeup, makeup looks and things I go through in life for me is very therapeutic. To write about my experiences and interact with others all over the world is amazing! I couldn’t imagine not blogging now!
AMETHYST ROSE BEAUTY BLOG
If you only follow one person today make sure it’s Hannah.
Thanks for reading
See you in my next post….
Absolutely everybody gets a down day even the most happiest of people.
Nothing is wrong with looking for advice on how to find that smile again…I’ve done it myself in the past.
So I made this list back along in my journal and until now I didn’t think about sharing it with you.
- Grab a DVD (preferably a comedy) some snacks, a blanket and dim the lights.
- Light a scented candle, add some bubbles and jump in the tub.
- Make yourself an uplifting playlist of songs that make you smile for days when you need to turn to it.
- Phone a friend and arrange to meet up- tell them to bring laughter.
- Go shopping whether in town or online it is the best sort of therapy.
- Draw or write whichever you think your better at and let yourself get super creative.
- Go put on an item of clothing that brings you joy, in your fav colour preferably.
- Make your favourite meal / snack and really enjoy all the flavours
- Go for a walk, feel the fresh air hit your face and take in all the beautiful views you see.
- Give a hug to someone it’s so heartwarming and leaves you with that happy fuzzy feeling. You could be cheering up someone else in the process.
My Fab blogger friend Bella Inizio also did a blog post on this topic why not go check hers out too. (Click on her name and it’ll take you straight to it)
I hope my list helps in some way and if you ever feel sad know that I’m only a twitter message away.
Til next time….
Even though mine is slightly broken at the moment I wanted to get my views across about women and their bodies.
- When someone says you’re beautiful they aren’t lying
- Everyone has rolls when they bend over
- Stretch marks are on pretty much every second Woman don’t be ashamed.
- Be more body confident it’s so attractive.
- Everyone has one boob bigger than the other
- It’s not wrong to be vain it’s called Self love.
- You can wear what you want and wear it with pride. If it makes you feel good. Your body your rules.
- The size of your waist doesn’t measure your worth.
- Don’t let anyone give your body the attention when they haven’t had permission.
and last but not least
Your body hears everything your mind says about it so think positive.
I only found out a few days ago there was an International Day For Girls.
I know we have International Woman’s Day at the beginning of the year I believe that girls should be recognised too as being a powerful gender.
I found some pretty awesome quotes that show we are strong females no matter what age we are.
There is no need to strive for perfection just be your amazing self
Making a stand with other girls is much better than fighting against them.
Never give up on your childhood dreams, trust me, mine has come true.
Speak up and don’t let your thoughts and ideas be silenced.
This Little verse reminds you that you are and always will be enough.
Thanks for stopping by
til next time…
One aim i want you to strive for this summer and carry on the rest of your life is this… Body Confidence
These 10 ways will help you on your way and if you put them into action you soon wont need to look at the list to see what needs to be done to achieve it because you will have it.
Lets get into them…
- Appreciate all that your body can do – It gets up in the morning, it feeds you, you walk around and you exercise it. Be thankful that yours works as some peoples do not.
- Keep a top 10 list of things you like about yourself -Things that aren’t related to how much you weigh or what you look like. So we are looking at your beautiful inside. I will do a blog post on this topic soon.
- Remind yourself that Beauty is not only skin deep – Those so called perfect pictures you see on Instagram that have most likely been edited and staged to hell. You are much more than that. Beauty shouldn’t be taken at face value.
- Look at yourself as a whole person and don’t just focus on one body part. Loving the whole of you is so much better
- Surround yourself with positive people – Those people that lift you up and think your a fabulous human being those are the people you want in your life. The others you just gotta wave bye bye to.
- Shut down the voices that tell you that you are not perfect – Whoever invented that word was silly as people strive to be perfect and hate themselves for not measuring up to someone else. You be you and let them be them.
- Wear clothes that are comfortable and make you feel good – Theres no point putting on those 5 inch heels because you saw them on someone else and they rocked them if you can’t walk in them and you don’t usually wear them. Have your own unique style and own it.
- Look at social media / magazines in a constructive and positive way – Don’t slate the photos of females you think aren’t owning their look if you don’t have anything nice to say don’t say it at all. Us women were born to build each other up not tear each other down.
- Do something nice for yourself and let your body know its appreciated – Buy it some new clothes or give it a nice soak in the bath with some bubbles. Every body loves a good pampering i know mine does . Love your body.
- Send out a good message to others doubting their body – There are so many of us that are looking for body confidence and once you have got yours you can help others as well.
Don’t forget these 10 write them down, share them and use them.