I only found out a few days ago there was an International Day For Girls.
I know we have International Woman’s Day at the beginning of the year I believe that girls should be recognised too as being a powerful gender.
I found some pretty awesome quotes that show we are strong females no matter what age we are.
There is no need to strive for perfection just be your amazing self
Making a stand with other girls is much better than fighting against them.
Never give up on your childhood dreams, trust me, mine has come true.
Speak up and don’t let your thoughts and ideas be silenced.
This Little verse reminds you that you are and always will be enough.
Thanks for stopping by
til next time…
One aim i want you to strive for this summer and carry on the rest of your life is this… Body Confidence
These 10 ways will help you on your way and if you put them into action you soon wont need to look at the list to see what needs to be done to achieve it because you will have it.
Lets get into them…
- Appreciate all that your body can do – It gets up in the morning, it feeds you, you walk around and you exercise it. Be thankful that yours works as some peoples do not.
- Keep a top 10 list of things you like about yourself -Things that aren’t related to how much you weigh or what you look like. So we are looking at your beautiful inside. I will do a blog post on this topic soon.
- Remind yourself that Beauty is not only skin deep – Those so called perfect pictures you see on Instagram that have most likely been edited and staged to hell. You are much more than that. Beauty shouldn’t be taken at face value.
- Look at yourself as a whole person and don’t just focus on one body part. Loving the whole of you is so much better
- Surround yourself with positive people – Those people that lift you up and think your a fabulous human being those are the people you want in your life. The others you just gotta wave bye bye to.
- Shut down the voices that tell you that you are not perfect – Whoever invented that word was silly as people strive to be perfect and hate themselves for not measuring up to someone else. You be you and let them be them.
- Wear clothes that are comfortable and make you feel good – Theres no point putting on those 5 inch heels because you saw them on someone else and they rocked them if you can’t walk in them and you don’t usually wear them. Have your own unique style and own it.
- Look at social media / magazines in a constructive and positive way – Don’t slate the photos of females you think aren’t owning their look if you don’t have anything nice to say don’t say it at all. Us women were born to build each other up not tear each other down.
- Do something nice for yourself and let your body know its appreciated – Buy it some new clothes or give it a nice soak in the bath with some bubbles. Every body loves a good pampering i know mine does . Love your body.
- Send out a good message to others doubting their body – There are so many of us that are looking for body confidence and once you have got yours you can help others as well.
Don’t forget these 10 write them down, share them and use them.
I have never wrote anything like this on my blog but it was something that was bought to my attention as the weather has got hotter here in England. So i thought why not speak up about it.
I myself grew up hating my body because society said that going through puberty and becoming a woman you were most likely going to get picked on because you had spots and curves and boobs coming way too early and you just didn’t fit in with everyone elses body your age.
I NOW DON’T LET ANYONE TELL ME THAT THE BODY I WAS BORN WITH ISN’T BEAUTIFUL AND I CELEBRATE IT EACH AND EVERY DAY
BUT THIS REALLY GETS TO ME BEING A WOMAN….
I see all of these men at the moment walking around with their shirts off some of them are well into their 70s but thats not the issue here. its very acceptable for a man to get his chest out because he is hot but as soon as we decide that maybe we are too hot for a top too its bang out of order.
Having a pair of boobs, breasts, tits whatever you want to call them is an amazing thing and not in the way that A LOT of narrow minded people see them…they see them as sexual objects and that they should only be out when you want some attention to them like sex or just for someone to say – ” nice pair love”
The female breasts should be treated no differently than a mans. Having yours out of clothes should be free kind of feeling and not a oh my god i am sending out the wrong message. Some people have to have them removed or reconstructed for medical reasons and that should never be frowned upon . They should be celebrated no matter how big or small they are…they feed children which is something pretty awesome in itself.
If it became legal and acceptable i would not be ashamed to put mine on show as i’m proud of what i have and nobody should ever put anybody’s body down
JUST CONCENTRATE ON YOUR OWN
When i was younger there were women i yearned to be like.
As i have got older they have become people i look up to and admire for all they are.
Here are a handful of the ones that i wanted to include:
My wonderful Mum – a woman who i want to turn after. Shes the most caring and hardworking person i know and my heart beats because of her and i love her to the moon and back.
Meryl Streep – I think she has been my favourite actress since i can remember. Shes a fierce and powerful woman and funny too.
Zoella – i love how Zoella has not let her anxiety get in the way of her dreams and shes an amazing role model to girls and women.
Ellen Degeneres – I really admire how Ellen has fought the haters who frowned upon her sexuality at the beginning of her career and showed them she can and is a successful well loved women regardless of who she decides to fall in love with.
Emma Watson – I take my hat off to Emma she is not afraid to use her voice for what she believes in and i love that shes so effortlessly beautiful too.
and finally a woman who is no longer with us
Cilla Black – I grew up seeing her on my TV screen every Saturday night and then my Mum introduced me to her music when i was a little older. She was such a wonderful woman who had a heart of gold and made me have a lorra lorra laughs (in her liverpool accent) and i miss her very much two years on.
So there you are….who would be yours?
Everybody has a routine when it comes to getting up and going to bed and this is one of my typical mornings and i thought i’d share it with you.
Generally i get up at 8 in the morning if i don’t beat my alarm. I always think its fun to have something to greet you when the alarm goes off. Here are a few of my examples
I can’t help myself i have a quick nosey on social media, sometimes for longer than needed. Before you know it 45 mins have been wasted.
Once i’m out of bed its downstairs to fuel my body and this is my usual breakfast
I can’t go a day without listening to music so on goes Spotify and out comes the hairbrush and me singing slightly out of tune
If i remember i bring my journal down and write away whatever comes into my head whether its important or just me rambling. i allow myself 15 mins for that.
So i don’t forget i head upstairs to clean my teeth for the recommended 2 mins.
I take a soak in the bath or a quick shower depending on what time i have.
Then cleanse, tone and moisturise my face ready to then clog it up again
On goes the face that makes me confident but doesn’t define me as a person
When i have done all the important things i can then start brainstorming and doing a spot of blogging. Online shopping sometimes takes place too.
Occasionally a bit of yoga is incorporated into my morning routine if i am stressed out about anything.
Then its lunchtime….My favourite time of day 🙂
See you tomorrow for day two of daily blogging
The horrible thing is that no matter where you go or what you do in life you are always going to come across someone who thinks they are better than you.
They will go out of their way to make a point that they don’t like you and this comes in all sorts of forms.
- verbally to your face
- Visually on the computer/phone
- Rumours being spread
- Actual bodily harm
I myself endured the bullies and it ended up me being physically bullied and beat black and blue. How do people walk about knowing they are making another person feel crap about themselves?
I’ve come through the other side and wrote my book about how it affected me and others shouldn’t be afraid to speak up.
If you click here you can read my book – Bullied for being me on Amazon
Do not let them win. You are worth fighting for. Believe in yourself that you are worth so much more than you think. Don’t let negativity get you down. Find a positive in every day and you will come out on top.