If only our house wasn’t carpeted… Or maybe in my dream house I could do one of these DIYs on the stairs.
I love quotes and positivity and seeing these on Pinterest I thought I’d share incase any of you thought of doing something similar.
Some people may think this looks a bit naff but I think it’s really quirky.
Anyway my beauts Here’s to the weekend.
Hey, i hope you all had a lovely time over the new year.
So i thought for my first post of the year i would focus on planning as most of us have plans for the year however big they are.
So we have your standard one you would print out and fill in. These are ever so handy because if you mess up you can just print out another, or do it on your computer (no need to print)
If you want to be a bit more creative then a bullet journal is the one to go for as you can be as individual as you like. This is an example of one weekly spread you may want to.
Of course there’s nothing wrong with just having a notepad to keep all your plans in and writing the dates as you go along.
Lastly you’ve got a planner that’s got it all set out for you and all you got to do is put your plans in it’s designated area (this is mine) I’m going to talk through it at a later date as i think it’s fab.
I thought i would also include these 3 for the journaling lovers. Got to love a good 30 day challenge.
Hope you have fun answering these i know I’m going to
Til next time
I have this book that i had last Christmas that hasn’t even been wrote in – typical stationery addict. It’s been sat in a drawer waiting patiently for his day.
Well i have decided that this coming year he will be very much used.
This is food for thought for you too.
Start off the new year with a new book – the more pages the better. Each day make sure you pick up this book and write a page in it. No matter what it is.
It could be
- A to do list
- A log of what you did that day
- A dream you had and you want to relay back to it.
- Plans for a future project/outing
Literally anything you want.
It will get you into the habit of writing and not just the digital form.
Keep a diary separate as the book will then just become a diary. You want to make it much more than that.
There will be some really nice ones out there this time of year with Christmas sales and all that.
Hope you are all pretty much prepared for next week, for just one day. But let’s be honest it’s a special roast we’ve been waiting for all year.
I thought I would do something a little bit different and do a comparison kind of post.
It’s coming to the end of the year in just under 6 weeks. We can say Happy 2019 and good riddance to the year you’ve just had. Unless of course it was one of your best years of your life then cherish every moment.
Most of you reading this will no doubt have some way of recording your creative moments you do, whether it’s blogging, any clubs you belong to, or the things that bring you joy such as meeting with friends or family and doing exciting stuff.
In this day and age it’s generally a diary and bullet journal that people turn to and I wanted to talk about the things I think set them apart from each other.
- A diary comes in a few forms, one that’s already got the pages organised for you in 7 days (a week obviously). Some a page a day if you have a lot to write and jot notes or doodle on the side. Then finally there’s the one that has the times from morning til night if you are one that plans by the hour.
- You can write how the days gone in a diary and flip back at a later date to remind you what happened on a certain day. I have a fair few of these in my loft.
- They come in array of sizes and usually you can search online and type in whatever style or colour cover you want and it’s doable. Some pricier then others depending where you buy it from
- When you decide to bullet journal there are endless things you can put in there from a weekly spread where you have a key method of symbols to show whether it’s been completed, migrated or not done etc. You can make it your own key you don’t need to follow the way the inventor did, make it your own.
- It’s more of a tracker compared to a diary, you can make pages decorative and for instance track what series you are watching and how far along you are. What books you’ve read, giving them stars for how good/bad they were. A habit tracker, your favourite quotes, literally anything your heart desires.
- Usually you would get either a plain hardback book or one with dots in or if you are going to be doing more writing than drawing then a feint lined one would be great also. The one people swear by is the make Leuchttrum 1917 simply because it’s such excellent quality.
Personally I gave bullet journaling a go and it didn’t work for me I couldn’t get my creative juices going at the time so a diary it’s been for the last two years. It’s not to say I won’t ever do a bullet journal but it’s just not for me right now.
Which one would you pick for your creative needs?
Thanks for stopping by
Til next time
Stepping out of your comfort zone and trying something you don’t usually do. Theres fun to be had trying something new. (That was a little glimpse of my poetic self)
I have always been into writing and not been the artistic type. I have decided to try my hand at being creative in the shape of making things i find on Pinterest. Get my craft on.
Of course I’ll share my successes and failures with you all. I will be spending the next week on Pinterest making a board to work through. Then I’ll be getting some supplies in from Hobbycraft and The Range.
You are never too old to have a hobby and it is always great to share your journey too.
If you want to watch what i pin on my Pinterest click here and follow me.
Hey Hey, its Friday.
I actually don’t mind staying in on a Friday night, or a Saturday come to think of it. I think as you get older you go past caring about going out on the razz every weekend.
I’m going to make my Friday night a nostalgic one. Cos i love memories i can look back on. So here’s my plans.
I’ve got 10 things i hate about you, cos who didn’t swoon over Heath singing your too good to be true can’t take my eyes off of you back in the 90s.
Then Billy Elliot, i love the how it’s full of controversy and it tells a wonderful story. Julie Walters is so funny in it too.
Finally Muriels Wedding. It’s such a classic and me and my friend Lou used to do the Waterloo dance in her living room until we had the moves to a T.
I found my diary from 10 years ago and i know this will be a banger to read as i remember the boyfriends and my clubbing days were quite something to write about so i look forward to reading that.
Then I’m gonna put a face mask on too just so i feel a bit more relaxed.
If i can’t sleep i may get started on my scrap book, i have only used 4 pages in it so far but really wanna make it something rather interesting to flip through when it’s finished.
What do you like doing on a Friday night?
I bought myself a Letter Board a few months ago now to add a bit of character to my room to either inspire or make me laugh. I have a Pinterest board of some of my favourite finds so i thought I’d share them with you here.
I did have a lot more but thought I’d just put a few on.
You can pick up some cheap ones from places like Home Bargains, New look and Primark. I got mine from trusty old Amazon and got a felt background one instead of plastic. It depends on your preference.
Hope you’ve all had a fab Friday.
Heres to a lovely weekend xx
- Do you go into a supermarket and find yourself accidentally slipping into the stationery aisle and your eyes instantly lighting up?
- Do you buy a pretty notepad just because, and a handful of cute pens too?
- Do you try to justify to others why you needed those pink paperclips and a marble stapler even though you hardly ever have loose papers to put together?
- Do you think you have enough to start a stationery shop?
Consider yourself a stationery addict
Please don’t be ashamed and know you are not alone, you definitely don’t need to give up this addiction. It’s one you can shout from the rooftops and be proud.
I’ve been one since I’ve been able to write so nearly 30 years. I cried when our local stationers shut. Just for the record, it wasn’t last week it was a fair few years ago.
What are your favourite stationery bits to buy?
Last night i decided to do a video on what apps i have started using on my Instagram stories – to make them more interesting to watch.
I’ve spent most of this morning editing it and now it’s finally up on my YouTube channel.
Click down below to watch it
Or you can just type holzie into the YouTube search bar.
Feedback on my videos are always much appreciated.
Til next time…Much love xxx
I remember last year doing a Morning routine for you which you can see here
So I guess you need a night one to go with it so here’s what usually happens of an evening.
I turn on my fairy lights, it gets me in the chilled kind of mood and when the lights aren’t so bright you are telling your eyes its time to unwind.
I grab myself my favourite mug and do myself an Ovaltine light drink. Because it contains malt it’s a nice drink to have before bed and aids sleep.
I get my to-do list and write on washi tape and get down all the things I want to get done the next day. Once it’s written down it’s most likely to get done.
I get my skincare products and get off all my make up as I don’t fancy panda eyes in the morning or my pillow covered with foundation. I find it therapeutic.
I have been filling in my Happy Journal by Fearne Cotton since I got it at the beginning of the year. It’s really good to get your thoughts out and into the journal.
I love nothing more than listening to love songs at bedtime they are just very soothing and help me nod off and these two stations never fail to disappoint. Sometimes I listen to a podcast or two instead which are always easy listening.
My hot water bottle always comes to bed with me. I am one of those that needs to be warm to be able to get to sleep. If I can’t get to sleep you will find me nosing through Pinterest for inspiration. It’s easy to get carried away on there.
There you have it my Evening routine. Feel free to click on the links to take you to some of my related posts.
Til next time my beauts