We somehow dread Monday like it’s the plague or something, when in fact it is just another day.
I guess it’s because most people have weekday hours and the weekend is their fun time so when it’s over it’s back to the grindstone.
In reality, if you choose to love your Monday as just another day and not like a chore you hate then it will go just as good as any other day.
I like that Monday’s are a start of a new week so you can wipe last weeks slate clean and start a fresh with new goals to smash.
Personally when I have a head full of problems that I just don’t want to sort at that precise moment in time, I always turn to music.
Different types help me in different ways
- When I feel anxious and just want to chill, out I will go for something like a crackling fire or panpipes. Just focusing on the sound and the sound alone seems to soothe me.
- If I need perking up because I’m in a grouchy mood then I’ll go for something that has a beat – think cheesy nightclub music. It brings back good memories.
- If the tears are flowing because I’m generally upset, whether it’s hormonal or just somethings got to me, call me mad but I like listening to soppy love songs to just bawl my eyes out and get all the tears out all at once.
- I do love just sitting with my mum and listening to her kind of music…which is the 60s as that was her school days/her youth. They really did have some great music out back then.
Here’s a playlist with some examples of the songs I’m on about.
What music do you turn to in your time of need?
For a month on a Friday I am going to be featuring some awesome women on a little series called fierce female Friday…
I thought I’d start off with me..
1. What makes you feel powerful?
Being able to have my own mind, create my own happiness, and wear what the hell I like. Being unique/one of a kind.
2. What 3 strong women do you look up to?
My mum of course, she takes everything in her stride. She has to put up with me too ha ha.
Stacey Solomon, she has worked so very hard to get to where she is today. She’s an inspiration. If you don’t follow her Instagram you really should.
My hospital nurse Rachel, who’s been through all my surgeries with me and helped me in between. She works so hard and is passionate about her job. She’s one in a million.
3. What advice would you give to someone needing to find their inner fierceness?
Stand up and be counted, never let anyone quieten you. Don’t let anything keep you down for too long. Life is for being the best version of you so go out there and kick some ass….not literally 🙈
Please look out for next week’s fierce female.
Lots of love, have an awesome weekend xxx
Home bargains reusable face pads are a bargain and they are saving the planet at the same time.
Washing machine safe and can be reused again and again.
Use them like you would a normal cotton wool pad and then rinse well. It’s up to you how often you use it before you decide to bung it into the machine.
They come in a pack of 4 so you won’t be left without one.
You can also get them in bulk on the likes of amazon and they look just like cotton wool pads as they are white. But I like my colourful ones. Call me crazy but a bit of colour adds a bit of fun to your skincare routine.
Today it really has felt autumnal, to the point I heard my mum say those magic words
“Hol, shall we put the heating on?”
Autumn is actually my favourite season. I love how you can get nice and cosy under a blanket with the candles and if you’re lucky enough an open fire and watch all the TV you like.
I have even started looking on Pinterest for fashion inspiration for this colder weather so I thought I’d share a few bits I like with you.
There will be more autumn themed posts throughout Sept and October so keep an eye out
Til next time… Much loves