When it really comes down to it, you become the person you believe you’d become.
If you spend all your thoughts believing you won’t make it, you will never make it.
If you spend all your thoughts thinking that it’s impossible, it becomes impossible for you.
But if you spend your thoughts and energy believing it is possible, it suddenly becomes possible.
Doors will open for you, ideas will come your way. Your dreams will start coming true. You have everything you need within you to live your dreams,
But first of all you have to believe
Sorry had to include that gif in… That was back in my youth so its kind of fitting for todays post. I thought I’d have a look back at the things that remind me of my youth…
These shoes were what were in fashion, I had all three at some point in the late 90’s and the early noughties.
I also owned a pair of pink flared cords quite similar to these Kate Spade ones. I definitely stood out like a sore thumb.
I enjoyed going to gymnastics, so once you mastered the bench turned upside down you were allowed on the balance beam 🙈
My make up bag had these two in and I’m pretty sure I was patchy, and orange and the blemishes were not concealed. But hey we learn by our mistakes
Finally these two mags. What sex education we weren’t getting in school we sure were getting them in here. I believe most of us 16 year old girls would flick through the pages of more to see what sex position of the fortnight was. Ha ha.
Feel free to share something that reminds you of your school days as a teenager.
It’s 2 weeks since Christmas and when all was merry and it was all about celebrations.
Now we are heading for the middle of January and a New year may not sit well with some people.
The weather is pretty dismal, the nights are still starting at half 4 🙈
Although we can’t click our fingers and magic it better instantly, we can try and do little bits to make us happier.
* Find some happy music, make a playlist of all your feel good songs. Play it loud, feel it on your soul.
* When you get a little bit of a dry day, take advantage of it. Perfect opportunity to take yourself for a walk, or to the shops for a nosey. Fresh air is good and nature on your walk is beautiful. Appreciate the little things.
* Have a mass sort out. Decluttering is so therapeutic. Throw out all the stuff you no longer need. Then organise what you’re keeping and you’ll have satisfaction when it’s all done.
* Make a conscious effort to fuel your body when you are having low times as it gives you strength. I sound like my Mother now. Make some of your favourite meals.
* Take that bath before bed, or a bit of pampering. It’ll relax you and I believe that a bit of self love is an instant feel good factor.
Well there’s a little list of things to get rid of your blues… Hopefully.
Don’t be afraid to ring or message a friend if you just need a chat. My instagram is always open so find me there @holzieloves
For those of you that liked listening to my podcast I have just uploaded one to get your thoughts going of what you want from life in 2020 and beyond.
Click down below to listen, you don’t need any app to tune in.
LISTEN HERE ❤️
There is always a RSS feed at the bottom of the page: click on whichever podcast you want to listen to and it’ll take you straight to it.
Let me know your thoughts.
This post can apply at any time but I think January is the optimum time to do it.
Of course having one diary can of course be helpful… But sometimes if you are a stationery addict and like getting your shit together then include some of these kind of notebooks/ journals below.
So this is a weekly spread type diary. Where you can quickly note down what you have to do or have done. I like to use this for keeping track of when my blog posts have been published. To look back on the topics with ease. Love the little note section on the opposite side, really helpful.
This is my book I write in every night. It has a space at the top to write what went on in the day, you could even draw there instead. It also asks you a question that gets you thinking. I like the concept of that.
This notepad only arrived yesterday and I was so excited. It has so many pages and 10 sections. Got to plan what subjects are going in there. It was really affordable and can be used for literally anything.
Lastly I have a 5 minute ls before bed journal which I don’t think would see you through the year so it’s one to more down special things in. I want it to be a positive thought provoking one. But you can use them as you wish. I had it for Christmas but I am pretty sure Paperchase still do it.
Am I the only stationery obsessed one around here, i hope not.
🎅🏼 Dear Santa,
I haven’t wrote to you in a while, I’m sorry. This time I’m not asking for much not like other years when I wanted half the Argos catalogue.
I can guarantee you it won’t cost you a penny and it’s as light as a feather so would be easy to deliver.
I don’t know where to start but I guess I’ll start right here.
Since last Christmas I have been rather under the weather. Spending time in hospital living the unknown. I didn’t ask for any of it but this I wanted to ask.
Please on Christmas Day or at the stroke of 12 for new year. Can you please bringbetter health, a permanent smile and the love of my life if you can find them.
I hope it’s not too much to wish for but I really think I deserve it. Plus I’ve been super good ( well 90%).So will say this to you in advance
I do love a trip down old memory lane and i thought i would take you along this time as we look at what christmas memories i can still remember.
I grew up living with my brother so most will include him
- Mum going shopping and coming back with big bags to send off to Father Christmas.Craig and me go hunting in the wardrobe, seeing one that hadn’t been wrapped and he goes to me ‘ooo look what you got for Christmas’. Well he got a pleasant surprise when he opened it and he goes ‘Mum i think i got hollys present’…’nope its yours’ ha ha 😂
- It was the Christmas party at my brothers judo club and of course little sisters were invited. We were told Father Christmas was going to make an appearance and sure enough he did. I was only 7 and highly excited- ‘look Craig it’s Father Christmas’. He looked at me laughing and said ‘unless he has the same tattoos as Dad i don’t think so Hol’ After that I didn’t believe in him and at the tender age of 7 that was the last letter I sent off to the North Pole.
- Christmas morning I would be up First about 5am look at the bottom of my bed and see if my fluffy pillowcase had been filled up. I ran into my brothers room shouting ‘He’s been he’s been.’…. ‘Go away… wake me up in a few hours’ . Don’t you just love your siblings.
- Christmas tree used to go up on the 20th December and mum used to put Cadburys chocolates on there and said on Christmas morning we could eat them. 90% of them had gone by then and nobody owned up who had been picking I think everyone had a sneaky bite.
Here’s a few Christmas pics I found on my laptop.
The first one was new bikes one Christmas and the second one was when I was eager to hoover 😉 different story now.
Hope you enjoyed going back in time with me .