This is a little light hearted post so take it with a pinch of salt.
Getting or receiving presents can be so difficult at times and stressful I may add so without further ado here is my take on Christmas Present Epic Fails.
- Ok so here you are people asking you what do you want for Christmas and you tell them. Problem is you could end up with about 3 or 4 of the same thing. ( TIP: make a list of who can get you what and then there’s no duplicates)
- That very expensive thing you bought for yourself or someone else over the Christmas period is now 50% off in the boxing day sales. (TIP: Don’t spend so much in the first place)
- You haven’t got that much money but you promised someone you would give them a present. You look at last years unwanted drawer and pick them something from there. You are not sure if they have given it to you so you panic (TIP: Put a label on of the name of the person who got it for you so you won’t get embarrassed)
- Going a bit over the top and buying a present that was rather pricey for someone and when they come to give you a present you have a box of chocolates (TIP: Don’t be so bloody ungrateful and learn from your mistakes)
- Lastly the classic one. Opening your present and not feeling a sense of happiness but you don’t want to upset the other persons feelings (TIP: Grin and bear it and hope they have the receipt or failing that put it in the drawer for next year)
In life there are some things you can’t control but there are plenty of things you can.
Here are a few below to digest
How honest you are
Who your friends are
What books you read
How often you exercise
What food you eat
What risks you take
How kind you are
How often you say I love you
How often you say thank you
How you express your feelings
Whether or not you ask for help
How many times a day you smile
The amount of effort you put into things
How much money you spend
How much time you spend worrying
How often you think about the past
Whether you judge someone or not
Whether to try again
How to appreciate the things you do have
I hope this gives you some food for thought
Til next time
After 17 years – that’s how long since I left school you would think that bullying may have been a thing of the past. To be honest I think it’s got 10 times worse.
I was sadly a victim of bullying from alot of my year at school all because my skin wasn’t clear. I was verbally abused and then come the end of school physically.
It won’t ever leave me, but I always think I never want anyone else to have the sadness and pain I did. I know in reality that there will be thousands in the world who will feel the same pain.
Here is how you can spot a cactus friend – those that pretend to be your friend then stab you in the back…and a flower friend – the ones who truly love you and love to see you bloom.
They say it takes a bigger person to walk away from a bully. If you feel strong enough inside to stand up for yourself then don’t let someone walk all over you. But in turn don’t be horrible and become a bully in the process.
Bullying doesn’t just doesn’t happen when you’re young… People of any age fall victim and its so very sad. Cyber crime is on the up as people find it an easy way to target the vulnerable.
If we keep speaking about anti bullying, and looking after ourselves and our friends maybe one day it’ll be something we don’t have to worry about.
I put together a little video over on my youtube channel,
I aim to upload self-help videos on there once a week.
it would mean the world for you to take a nosey 🙂
let me know what you think
Til next time you beautiful people
Even though I haven’t stepped foot outside my front door today I have made sure that I’ve made some people smile today
I have had a couple conversations on the phone, and I made sure there was a bit of laughter in there somewhere. I always think if I’ve made at least one person happy then I am happy.
On my Instagram I couldn’t help but show the silly side of me with a good old sing-along and a Snapchat filter
Here it is 🙈
Sometimes people won’t be having a good day and might not have it in them to let you know. But a little cheerfulness goes a long long way.
The days not out so go make someone’s day.
I have just realised my title is a high school muaical song but I’m going to roll with it.
So I really think making lists is something that everyone should do.
Even if you have a mind that remembers everything.
These little beauts are from Card Factory for £2 and they pretty much are all you need to have your shit together.
In tomorrows post I am going to be talking all things blogging and what things will be helpful during each month.
So come back tomorrow and I hope today is a good start to your week.
Bring your notepad and pen to take notes.