Sorry had to include that gif in… That was back in my youth so its kind of fitting for todays post. I thought I’d have a look back at the things that remind me of my youth…
These shoes were what were in fashion, I had all three at some point in the late 90’s and the early noughties.
I also owned a pair of pink flared cords quite similar to these Kate Spade ones. I definitely stood out like a sore thumb.
I enjoyed going to gymnastics, so once you mastered the bench turned upside down you were allowed on the balance beam 🙈
My make up bag had these two in and I’m pretty sure I was patchy, and orange and the blemishes were not concealed. But hey we learn by our mistakes
Finally these two mags. What sex education we weren’t getting in school we sure were getting them in here. I believe most of us 16 year old girls would flick through the pages of more to see what sex position of the fortnight was. Ha ha.
Feel free to share something that reminds you of your school days as a teenager.
Here are a few tips to help start changing your mental health for the better
- Unfollow unhealthy social media accounts
- Limit the time you spend on social media
- End toxic friendships and relationships
- Get rid of negative people
- Prioritise your social circle
- Make meditation part of a daily routine
- Dedicate 30mins a day to just relax
- Put your phone to one side at bedtime
- Write in a journal
- Practice mindfulness
- Choose to think positively
- Dress more colourfully
- Do some yoga or pilates
- Drink more water
- Let light in when you get up
If you can add any please feel free to leave them in the comments below.
I know the weekend was probably great and you didn’t want to wake up this morning because Monday always happens after Sunday 🙈
So I’ve found a few positive quotes about Mondays
If you wallow in the fact it’s Monday you won’t get stuff done so go out and create the life you want.
I like to think of every week as a fresh, so Mondays are just that. Fresh starts to do great things with your life.
If you don’t have a plan for the days ahead you have no vision. So get planning.
I love this song. It’s a reminder that it takes a little effort but if you put your back into it you can do it, do it, DO IT. sorry was breaking out into song then 😂
Happy Monday… Make yours motivational physically and mentally.
For the past 3 months I have been subscribed to Latest in beauty
Which is not like any normal subscription box you get to pick the products that you want to receive.
So here’s my video I recorded yesterday when it came via Mr Postie
Let me know what you think and also do you get a subscription box each month, I’d love to know.
It’s 2 weeks since Christmas and when all was merry and it was all about celebrations.
Now we are heading for the middle of January and a New year may not sit well with some people.
The weather is pretty dismal, the nights are still starting at half 4 🙈
Although we can’t click our fingers and magic it better instantly, we can try and do little bits to make us happier.
* Find some happy music, make a playlist of all your feel good songs. Play it loud, feel it on your soul.
* When you get a little bit of a dry day, take advantage of it. Perfect opportunity to take yourself for a walk, or to the shops for a nosey. Fresh air is good and nature on your walk is beautiful. Appreciate the little things.
* Have a mass sort out. Decluttering is so therapeutic. Throw out all the stuff you no longer need. Then organise what you’re keeping and you’ll have satisfaction when it’s all done.
* Make a conscious effort to fuel your body when you are having low times as it gives you strength. I sound like my Mother now. Make some of your favourite meals.
* Take that bath before bed, or a bit of pampering. It’ll relax you and I believe that a bit of self love is an instant feel good factor.
Well there’s a little list of things to get rid of your blues… Hopefully.
Don’t be afraid to ring or message a friend if you just need a chat. My instagram is always open so find me there @holzieloves
For those of you that liked listening to my podcast I have just uploaded one to get your thoughts going of what you want from life in 2020 and beyond.
Click down below to listen, you don’t need any app to tune in.
LISTEN HERE ❤️
There is always a RSS feed at the bottom of the page: click on whichever podcast you want to listen to and it’ll take you straight to it.
Let me know your thoughts.
This post can apply at any time but I think January is the optimum time to do it.
Of course having one diary can of course be helpful… But sometimes if you are a stationery addict and like getting your shit together then include some of these kind of notebooks/ journals below.
So this is a weekly spread type diary. Where you can quickly note down what you have to do or have done. I like to use this for keeping track of when my blog posts have been published. To look back on the topics with ease. Love the little note section on the opposite side, really helpful.
This is my book I write in every night. It has a space at the top to write what went on in the day, you could even draw there instead. It also asks you a question that gets you thinking. I like the concept of that.
This notepad only arrived yesterday and I was so excited. It has so many pages and 10 sections. Got to plan what subjects are going in there. It was really affordable and can be used for literally anything.
Lastly I have a 5 minute ls before bed journal which I don’t think would see you through the year so it’s one to more down special things in. I want it to be a positive thought provoking one. But you can use them as you wish. I had it for Christmas but I am pretty sure Paperchase still do it.
Am I the only stationery obsessed one around here, i hope not.