I do love a trip down old memory lane and i thought i would take you along this time as we look at what christmas memories i can still remember.
I grew up living with my brother so most will include him
- Mum going shopping and coming back with big bags to send off to Father Christmas.Craig and me go hunting in the wardrobe, seeing one that hadn’t been wrapped and he goes to me ‘ooo look what you got for Christmas’. Well he got a pleasant surprise when he opened it and he goes ‘Mum i think i got hollys present’…’nope its yours’ ha ha 😂
- It was the Christmas party at my brothers judo club and of course little sisters were invited. We were told Father Christmas was going to make an appearance and sure enough he did. I was only 7 and highly excited- ‘look Craig it’s Father Christmas’. He looked at me laughing and said ‘unless he has the same tattoos as Dad i don’t think so Hol’ After that I didn’t believe in him and at the tender age of 7 that was the last letter I sent off to the North Pole.
- Christmas morning I would be up First about 5am look at the bottom of my bed and see if my fluffy pillowcase had been filled up. I ran into my brothers room shouting ‘He’s been he’s been.’…. ‘Go away… wake me up in a few hours’ . Don’t you just love your siblings.
- Christmas tree used to go up on the 20th December and mum used to put Cadburys chocolates on there and said on Christmas morning we could eat them. 90% of them had gone by then and nobody owned up who had been picking I think everyone had a sneaky bite.
Here’s a few Christmas pics I found on my laptop.
The first one was new bikes one Christmas and the second one was when I was eager to hoover 😉 different story now.
Hope you enjoyed going back in time with me .
The night before Christmas when all the wrapping is done, its time to unwind and have a little fun.
Here is what I would include in my Christmas Eve box to make sure my night was enjoyable as possible before the big day arrives.
1) Festive Pjs
2) Snuggly Socks
3) Blankets to keep me warm
4) Hot water Bottle
5) Hot Chocolate
7) Christmas Candle
8) My Favourite Christmas DVD
What would you have in your Christmas Eve Box?
Would you rather with a twist….all the questions are based around Christmas.
ok here goes….
WOULD YOU RATHER
Be stuck in a elevator with someone who loves Christmas or someone who hates Christmas?
Definitely someone who loves it as I hate a scrooge…it only comes once a year.
Find Olaf in your garden or Jack Frost?
Olaf hands down the dudes a legend.
Eat your own body weight in chocolate or Turkey?
Silly question I am a chocoholic so of course I’d pick chocolate just eat it slowly.
Never receive a Christmas present or Never eat a Christmas meal again?
I would rather give someone a present, nothing warms my heart more than seeing someone’s face light up and love my food too much.
Grow a permanent Santa beard or permanent Antlers?
As much as I dig a beard as impressive as Santas I would prefer Antlers for life, i think i would pull them off better.
Never listen to music again or be forced to listen to Mistletoe and wine 10 times a day?
Oh my I could never do without music and i really don’t like that song. Oooo crap, I think I would have to try and get used to the song and grin and bear it.
Untangle 700 Christmas lights or Peel 700 Carrots?
I would pick the 700 lights, i reckon it would be rather therapeutic. I can’t peel a carrot to save my life so would be there for eternity.
Since most of us at Christmas are super stressed and we want everything to be perfect for this one special day which we call Christmas. I thought I would go researching and here are some tips to help you enjoy it and still have hair on your head by the end of it.
- Fork out the address book and hopefully your bought Christmas cards (you best go buy some if you haven’t) – a little secret buy next years after Christmas to save pennies.
- Write the cards , get stamps and send them off before the cut off date(check the post office website for details) – deliver if they are local.
- Make an inventory of what you have in the cupboard and what you think you need to feed the mouths of your guests at Christmas. Then go out and find your bargain buys at the supermarket.
- Create a gift list and buy what they would like not what you think they may like as it may be end up being an unwanted present. Don’t lose the receipts.
- Get the tree out the attic/loft or go purchase one and go absolutely mad with the decorations – show your creative streak.
- Go to Christmas fayres and get into the Christmas spirit
- Blast out a Christmas playlist and sing your heart out and dance round like a loon.
- Make sure you have enough wrapping paper and then get on and wrap your gifts. For the lazy bums enough gift bags.
- Sort out arrangements for the big day, lighten the load and help each other along.
- Open the door to a Christmas caroller even if they sound like a strangled cat, they are trying their best. pop them a pound or what you can spare for their charity and on their way they go.
- Go visit elderly friends and relatives, sometimes they are left on the back burner because they’ve endured so many Christmases. Elderly people get sad this time of year so make someone smile this Christmas.
- Make sure you have got the mince pies cos they are yummy and obviously Santa likes them too ha ha
- Put on your favourite Christmas Film, light the fire, put some candles on, wrap up in a blanket and enjoy.
Merry Christmas xx
This is a little light hearted post so take it with a pinch of salt.
Getting or receiving presents can be so difficult at times and stressful I may add so without further ado here is my take on Christmas Present Epic Fails.
- Ok so here you are people asking you what do you want for Christmas and you tell them. Problem is you could end up with about 3 or 4 of the same thing. ( TIP: make a list of who can get you what and then there’s no duplicates)
- That very expensive thing you bought for yourself or someone else over the Christmas period is now 50% off in the boxing day sales. (TIP: Don’t spend so much in the first place)
- You haven’t got that much money but you promised someone you would give them a present. You look at last years unwanted drawer and pick them something from there. You are not sure if they have given it to you so you panic (TIP: Put a label on of the name of the person who got it for you so you won’t get embarrassed)
- Going a bit over the top and buying a present that was rather pricey for someone and when they come to give you a present you have a box of chocolates (TIP: Don’t be so bloody ungrateful and learn from your mistakes)
- Lastly the classic one. Opening your present and not feeling a sense of happiness but you don’t want to upset the other persons feelings (TIP: Grin and bear it and hope they have the receipt or failing that put it in the drawer for next year)
It feels like Christmas When…..
- When you hear a Christmas song…in December of course. Mine is Fairy tale of New York (you scumbag you maggot you cheap lousy faggot).
- There is mulled wine when you go somewhere to eat…I’m not a fan of it myself.
- Proper mince pies are out in the supermarket and the bakeries. Can’t beat a bit of squirty cream with mine.
- Your town/village puts up their festive lights…some make more effort than others.
- When you put up your Christmas Decs…there’s no denying then that its getting nearer.
- Father Christmas (the bloke dressed up waving like some silly bugger) comes around on the float blaring ‘oh I wish it could be Christmas everyday.’
- The Christmas jumpers are out in shops. I’ll own up I have two. Don’t know if they’ll fit this year
- Its snowing outside. Rarely do we get it here in England but that’s when it really feels Christmassy.
- When all major shops bring out the gorgeous smelling festive candles. I always like the cinnamon ones.
What makes you feel like Christmas is here?
I picked a few things I find slightly odd that happen over the Christmas period and nobody really questions it.
- You feel that the term ‘sod it its Christmas’ is the answer for everything
- Wishing people a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year even if you have never met them in your life before and don’t intend on seeing them again.
- Feeling the need to kiss anyone in sight on New years just because you feel you need to and because you are half pissed …even if you think you’re the unfortunate one you wont get away without a smooch even if its from a gran with no teeth in.
- Going super silly and buying every bugger in sight a drink just because its Christmas. Only the next morning do you realise that you have emptied out your wallet that had a fair few poundage in…oh sod it its Christmas.
- Only at Christmas can you get away with wearing a cringe worthy jumper with random quotes on it/ a giant snowman/ father Christmas.
Let me know what things you think you or people do just because it’s Christmas.
My 2nd BLOGMAS message