Here are the make up products I used to get the look below
First of all I applied seventeen falsify HD mascara to my lashes, I actually think this one is a must if you can’t afford high end ones and its tear-proof… tested by me. I put two coats just to make sure each lash has mascara on it
I took a blending brush and the makeup revolution electric dreams pallete and worked it across both lids not applying it too heavy so it still looks subtle but eye-catching.
After that I applied the Malani eye tech perfection liquid liner to my top lash line to give it a bit more edge. Then as always my signature thing under the eye liner. I find that a gel one always stays put and goes on smoother so I used Maybelline lasting drama gel liner.
I loved this look as purple brings out the green in my eyes. I am not one to experiment with eyeshadows but I think I may do now in the future.
Here’s a few things to to to help you relax unwind and give yourself a bit of me time.
• Set the mood – draw the curtains, put on fairy lights, light a scented candle or put an oil burner on • Choose a playlist that is going to chill you out, so maybe acoustic, panpipes, instrumental, love songs, whatever gets you into the zone.
• Whether it’s a shower or a bath you enjoy, take some me time and lather yourself up in your favourite body wash or emerse yourself in a bath full of bubbles.
• Grab a book you have been reading or meaning to get started on, or a magazine maybe a glass of your favourite tipple.
• Pampering yourself helps ease stress and worries so a face mask, body scrub, self tan, mani and pedi. Trying out new hair dos you’ve been meaning to give a try
• Meditation / yoga is not just for the zen people of the world. Trust me it works miracles when you are super stressed. Concentrating on your breathing or taking your mind off to somewhere nice is so relaxing and will help your body at the same time as your mind. It’s easy to learn and practising makes perfect.
• Watching your favourite film, or tv series will not only make you relaxed but happy at the same time
• Give yourself some me time at least once a week you deserve it.
i have a seriously sweet tooth so i thought why not find some of the desserts that i’ve grown to love over the years. Thank you to BBC food for the findings.
Ready in around 1 hour 30 minutes
- 2 cartons double cream, 1 large (284ml) plus 1 small (142ml)
- 100ml full-fat milk
- 1 vanilla pod
- 5 large egg yolk
- 50g golden caster sugar, plus extra for the topping
Find cooking method @ http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2745/ultimate-crme-brle-
Rocky road chocolate crunch bars
Cook: 5 mins Prep: 20 mins plus chilling
Cuts into 12
- 100g butter
, roughly chopped
- 300g dark chocolate (such as Bournville), broken into squares
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 140g rich tea biscuit, roughly crushed
- 12 pink marshmallow, quartered (use scissors)
- 2 x 55g bars Turkish delight, halved and sliced (or use Maltesers, Milky Way or Crunchie bars)
Find cooking method @ http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/8003/chocolate-crunch-bars
Prep: 30 mins Plus 1 hr and overnight chilling
Cuts into 12 slices
- 250g digestive biscuit
- 100g butter
- 1 vanilla pod
- 600g soft cheese
- 100g icing sugar
- 284ml pot double cream
For the topping
- 400g punnet strawberries
, halved and stoned
- 25g icing sugar
Find cooking method @http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/4653/strawberry-cheesecake-in-4-easy-steps-
Prep: 2 hrs Cook: 1 hr
Makes 2 cakes, each cuts into 10 slices
For almond sponge
- 175g very soft butter
- 175g golden caster sugar
- 140g self-raising flour
- 50g ground almonds
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 3 medium egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp almond
For pink sponge
- 1 x ingredients for almond
- pink food colouring, we used ½ tsp Squires rose food paste
- 200g apricot jam
- 2 x 500g blocks white marzipan
- little icing sugar, for dusting
Find cooking method @http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1120657/battenberg-cake
Bread and butter pudding
Prep: 20 mins Cook: 45 mins
- 250ml full-fat milk
- 300ml double cream
- 1 vanilla pod, halved and seeds scraped out, or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 whole large eggs
, plus 1 egg yolk
- 3 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 8 slices of day-old white crusty bread
- 50g slightly salted butter, softened plus extra for greasing
- 75g mix sultanas and currants or other dried fruit
- zest ½ lemon
- 2 tbsp demerara sugar
Find cooking method @http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/bread-butter-pudding
I thought I’d just share a few quotes that I found whilst scrolling on the lovely Pinterest….my my it’s so addictive
Ok so this first one:
You should never be anything but yourself. So what if your different from the norm.
Simple message here don’t bloody frown it will make you have lines in your forehead and it will put you in a bad mood. Show your teeth while you still have them.
Give yourself a boost of self-confidence and walk in a room feeling just as important as the next person.
There’s nothing stopping you from achieving any goal you want to. Another saying the sky’s the limit. We all know the sky goes on forever. Same applies to this one.
Last but no means least if you’re going to do anything make sure it’s going to make you happy. Because happy people lead happy lives.
Well I thought it would be rude not to introduce myself.
My name is Holly, Holzie for short or long however you look at it.
I have been a keen writer over many years and blogging is something I have done in the past and I guess I wanted to come back to it. Kind of as a hobbie and also just to get whatever message I can across the globe.
I am very random with my topics so here’s a little taster of things I will be delving into
- Tips and tricks
and other topics too.
I hope you will follow me on my blogging journey through the average norm posts to the weird and wonderful.