Its Monday, the beginning of a new week and most of us get that immediate feeling of dread of oh no its Monday. Yes it’s the end of a weekend where you probably could relax a bit more and enjoy a bit of freedom but now its the start of a brand new week and it should be exciting and not mundane.
If you have these 3 things then great if not they would be worth investing in
A collection of Sticky Notes
A Diary to keep events in etc
A Planner Pad
- With your sticky notes write some positive affirmations on there to get you in fabulous mood for the week ahead. No matter how silly you think they are if they are going to perk you up and make you feel good its worth it every time.
- Keeping a diary is one of the best things you can do. Not only can you put in things that you can look forward to but also the things that have made you happy. One productive thing no matter how small should be noted. The little things can become the big things one day.
- You can pick these planner pads up pretty cheap i think mine was £2 from Wilkos. They are really good if you need a kick up the bum to get chores done. Kind of like a to do list but with a much better layout and looks prettier than a tatty piece of paper.
I have gathered a few motivational quotes on this slideshow especially for getting you in the mood for Mondays…You can also follow my Motivational board over on Pinterest.
Remember it doesn’t have to be a Monday to get motivated it just helps start the week off fresh. That’s the way i look at it.
Have a fab week …
What do you do when you can’t sleep?
You write a blog post about whatever comes to mind and that’s exactly what I’m doing now. It’s nearly 3am and I made the mistake of taking a long ass nap this afternoon so I’m wide awake.
So I found this quote on Pinterest and thought I’d put my view on how I see it.
- I’ve lived for the weekends at the nightclub in my late teens & early 20s.Then I grew up.
- I’ve loved many people in different ways and some I still cherish very much.
- I’ve lost friendships I thought were dear and loved ones sadly no longer here anymore.
- I’ve missed the fun times I should have been having with my dear Daddy instead he is suffering with dementia.
- I’ve hurt from the ones that broke my heart and the feelings I let get to me too much.
- I’ve trusted those who I thought I would always be able to depend on.
- I’ve made mistakes, plenty in fact and they’ve made me who I am today.
I guess all the bumps in the road of life is a learning curve and life won’t ever come easy.
I am who I am today because of this and I wouldn’t have it any other way as life would be pretty boring if it was plain sailing.
Try looking at things differently and those things you once saw will change
Once in a while its good to step things up a little and see if making small changes in your life will benefit you…i think they will in the long run.
Below there are some examples you may like to give a go
- Making to do lists daily and then crossing the completed tasks off is weirdly satisfying.
- Make your bedroom a phone free zone as soon as you unwind for bed you’ll sleep so much better.
- Keep a memory book or journal to store happy times you can look back on and smile at.
- Don’t keep clothes you don’t wear give them to someone who will appreciate them and actually make use of them.
- Laughter is the best medicine. Its so addictive. You can have as much of it as you want and the side effects are amazing.
- Create playlists that motivate you, make you smile and bring back good times. Make a CD of them if possible.
- Do something nice for someone else, even if you don’t know them. Like a random act of kindness. Instant feel good thing.
I thought about what I wanted to start my podcast episodes off with and I came up with a very positive one 😁
So here it is….
Applying this to your mornings will benefit not only you on the inside but it will show on the outside too.
Giving yourself that extra hour to achieve these things will put you in the right mindset for the day.
I’d love your feedback so if you listen let me know what you think…
Getting my thinking cap on for next weeks episode now.
Just a quick post to say:
I am starting a weekly podcast on Holzieloves where I will be talking about topics that you may not get here on the blog. I guess it will be good for those of you that enjoy listening to something whilst doing other things. I have never done anything like this before so you’ll have to bear with me to see if I’m any good 🙈
Click below to listen to my Introduction
You can find a new Podcast every Wednesday at 6pm over on sound cloud. You don’t need an account just a pair of working ears.
I will also update you on here to let you know when I have posted my latest podcast.
Let me know what you think…
much loves 💗
First of all I’ll hold my hands up and say I’ve been here a fair few times. I’m not ashamed to say it as I want to help those who feel in a spot of bother and need that helping hand.
First things first you have to remember you are the only one in this race and there is no comparing yourself with anyone else.
Don’t think about how other people see you it’s how you see you and once you start believing you can move mountains others will see that too and you can give yourself a pat on the back or a self 5.
Everyone has goals they just don’t broadcast them you can chose to shy away and conquer them quietly or do them loud and proud. The choice is yours.
Grab yourself a notebook and jot down things you want to accomplish, make bullet points on how to achieve it and one point at a time you can tick it off. Put your mind to it and you will succeed.
To help you on this positive journey think about all the tiny things you did today, this week or this month. Whether you helped someone else or yourself.
Even if you managed to do some ironing that has been piled sky high since goodness knows when or maybe it was that 20 minute walk you wanted to build up to doing .It’s something you’ve managed to put your mind to and do. You need to give yourself more self praise.
Last but no means least you need to start loving yourself for the wonderful person you are. Yes I’m on about you.
Making a list of 10 things that you think are good qualities about yourself will definitely perk your self esteem and I bet you could go beyond the 10 things.
Life is for living, so pick yourself up, dust yourself off and try again.