Hi one and all,
So I have just uploaded a little message on my YouTube channel to get you in the right frame of mind for starting off next year good.
It’s a really positive message and I hope you will take something away from it.
CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO
Much loves and happy Sunday
I want to add a few things to my blog and I hope you’ll love it too. Since being ill I’ve looked at life in a totally different light. It’s made me think a lot more positively. I also want to be able to help people too. I have always been that kind of person – after having a bad time with bullying at school I went into youth work and counselling for a few years and it gave me so much joy to see others smile after feeling low.
So I wanted to add these things to my blog on top of the topics I already have.
- Improving mental health
- Self care
- Weight loss journey
- Positive thinking
- Health updates
I also am going to start a YouTube channel in the new year. I will leave the link here if you want to follow then as soon as my first video comes out you won’t miss it.
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
– All I’m going to say that is going to be like nobody else’s –
Just a short update, oh and Happy 1st of December…
let Christmas festivities officially begin.
Until next time
Lately I have realised there is no point in clogging up your life with things that just add more stress and anxiousness to what really can be a more zen like kind of life.
I have came up with a list of things that you can start doing to help get your mental health looking and feeling more like you got your shit in order to put it quite frankly.
- Go to bed 30 minutes earlier than you normally would. Do this for a few weeks and you’ll soon be in a routine.
- Journal for 15 minutes about whatever comes to mind. Its for your eyes only so don’t hold back.
- Make weekly goals and do daily gratitude journalling. It will make you appreciate things more.
- Reward yourself with a pampering or a nice bubble bath. Giving yourself some well deserved me time.
DIET AND EXERCISE
- Meditate for 5 mins in the morning and a little longer in the evening if you can to keep your mind clear and allow yourself to unwind.
- Find a workout you enjoy and do it regularly. Yoga, Pilates or Tai Chi are less strenuous and focus on the here and now.
- Look at your diet and add some goodness into it whether its fruit, veggies, nuts and seeds or just drinking more water your body will thank you for it.
- Enjoy every bite you take and appreciate what you’re eating.
- Remove all unwanted texts from your phone unless you really need to keep them its just using up space. That goes for emails too.
- Try to not go on social media first thing in the morning, take this time to be productive. Leave it until at least 11am before you click on it.
- Unfollow people who don’t inspire you.
- Don’t use your phone at mealtimes and out with friends you’re meant to be enjoying the moment not dictating your outing word for word.
- Give yourself a compliment, and compliment others too.
- Make sure you laugh daily -My favourite quote is live,laugh, love.
- Make a Pinterest board of positive quotes and affirmations.
- Do a little random act of kindness. It’s always nice to make someone’s day.
Putting these into practice everyday will change your life completely and you’ll look at it in a totally different light. It will become part of you before you know it and you won’t be getting stressed right out because you will have these helpful tools to keep you smiling.
I have only been using a laptop/internet for about 10 years I grew up with just having the ones we used at school as means of using technology. There are some things that in these years I have been using social media I have come across and just thought I’d tell you my thoughts on them.
People very willingly will make a point of going out of their way to make someone feel like crap simply by typing in a vicious message online and not having any remorse over upsetting someone. Its best left unsaid if you can’t say anything nice then don’t post it, or talk it out face to face.
It really makes me sad to think that people live their lives by how many likes they have and if it diesn’t have enough they will take it off or how their instagram feed looks with a theme. i just post whatever as i really don’t think it makes a difference as its really not like that in real life.
Society and social media is making our younger generation think if you haven’t got this many likes, followers or nobodys commented then you are not good enough. That is absoloute bull. It has taken me a while to think i will do me and they can do them. Worrying about fitting in when you definately were born to stand out
Leaving somebody a snide remark on social media to make yourself feel better only makes you look like an egotistical ass. I am pretty sure your parents bought you up to be lovely human beings so think about how you treat people in the future. The saying treat people how you would like to be treated springs to my mind.
Lastly this is very typical on the likes of Twitter and Instagram. People feel like they have to have a big following to be liked or for brands to reach out to them. So they add heaps of people and the very next day they sneakily unfollow you. How very shallow. I am unsure if it will every change but there are apps out there if you want to see whos doing it.
LIVE YOUR LIFE RIGHT, DON’T LET SOCIAL MEDIA DIM YOUR LIGHT
Absolutely everybody gets a down day even the most happiest of people.
Nothing is wrong with looking for advice on how to find that smile again…I’ve done it myself in the past.
So I made this list back along in my journal and until now I didn’t think about sharing it with you.
- Grab a DVD (preferably a comedy) some snacks, a blanket and dim the lights.
- Light a scented candle, add some bubbles and jump in the tub.
- Make yourself an uplifting playlist of songs that make you smile for days when you need to turn to it.
- Phone a friend and arrange to meet up- tell them to bring laughter.
- Go shopping whether in town or online it is the best sort of therapy.
- Draw or write whichever you think your better at and let yourself get super creative.
- Go put on an item of clothing that brings you joy, in your fav colour preferably.
- Make your favourite meal / snack and really enjoy all the flavours
- Go for a walk, feel the fresh air hit your face and take in all the beautiful views you see.
- Give a hug to someone it’s so heartwarming and leaves you with that happy fuzzy feeling. You could be cheering up someone else in the process.
My Fab blogger friend Bella Inizio also did a blog post on this topic why not go check hers out too. (Click on her name and it’ll take you straight to it)
I hope my list helps in some way and if you ever feel sad know that I’m only a twitter message away.
Til next time….
I only found out a few days ago there was an International Day For Girls.
I know we have International Woman’s Day at the beginning of the year I believe that girls should be recognised too as being a powerful gender.
I found some pretty awesome quotes that show we are strong females no matter what age we are.
There is no need to strive for perfection just be your amazing self
Making a stand with other girls is much better than fighting against them.
Never give up on your childhood dreams, trust me, mine has come true.
Speak up and don’t let your thoughts and ideas be silenced.
This Little verse reminds you that you are and always will be enough.
Thanks for stopping by
til next time…
A few words of wisdom from me to you….
I want you to remember these 6 things this week if nothing else
- If something made you laugh until your sides hurt write it down in your phone notes so you can look back on it and have a giggle to yourself again.
- Go to your favourite bands concert. Have a drink but don’t get stupidly drunk you want to remember the epic time you had and get all the words right as your singing don’t you?
- In life take plenty of pictures. Whatever catches your eye. Just click away. That way later on when you scroll through your camera roll you’ll remember everything about that day, good or bad.
- Difficult roads lead to beautiful destinations. Every path you take will take you on a journey and it’s up to you to make it through with strength and determination and end up right where you want to be – in your own little paradise.
- Some talk to you in their free time and some free their time to talk to you. Learn the difference. Who is true to you and who is not.
- One of the biggest lessons in life is to realise it’s ok to feel shitty. Just make sure you don’t stay there. Find your happy place and get back to it.
Thanks for stopping by….
See you in the next post