I haven’t done a beauty related post lately so i thought what would be a good one and i stumbled across The Beauty Tag.
There is 30 questions but some didn’t really apply so i left them out.
so here we go with the questions…..
- Do you remember your first makeup item? I do I believe it was the Rimmel stick concealer – when the spots first started to appear
- Describe your perfect mascara? One that gives length, volume and doesn’t clump. My favourite at the moment is Maybelline lash sensational. It works a treat.
- What kind of coverage do you prefer in a foundation? I’d have to say full because I have problematic skin I like one that covers my imperfections without clogging my pores. I mix Revlon Color Stay & Loreal True Match to get the right shade – both in ivory.
- Favourite high end brand? I would have to say Benefit/MAC if they count as high end I tend to stick to the high street. Its kinder to my purse.
- What cosmetic brands have you always wanted to try but still haven’t? I would have to say Too Faced as I love the creativity of their palettes and the lipsticks are always in amazing shades.
- Favorite drugstore brand? I would have to say Loreal as I seem to have a lot of their products in my beauty drawer
- Do you wear fake eyelashes? No, I don’t need to my eyelashes have always been long enough not to need them and a stroke of the right mascara is enough for the volume.
- Is there any kind of makeup you can’t leave the house without? Eyeliner or concealer and sometimes lippy depending if it is a long lasting one or not.
- What is your most cherished beauty product? My MAC Fluid line Gel Liner.
- How often do you shop for makeup? As and when I need it…maybe once a month and then I can treat myself a little.
- Do you have a “beauty budget” or do you spend freely? I am a bit thrifty. I like to find a product that does the job of a high-end product for half the price.
- Do you ever consider taking makeup classes? Maybe one day if I really felt the need to but why not just look on youtube for tutorials instead.
- Do you have a favourite place to shop for makeup? I would have to say Superdrug as they always have a huge selection or if I did want to treat myself to a high-end product then its Debenhams.
- Do you like trying new skincare products or do you keep a certain routine? I tend to stick to a routine so I don’t upset my skin too much – sounds like it has feelings.
- What brand do you think has the best packaging? Too Faced without a doubt
- Which celebrity always has great makeup? Pretty much all of them as they have their own make-up artists.
- Favourite Beauty Guru? Jaclyn Hill of course…she’s talented and she’s got attitude as well.
- Are you clumsy in putting on makeup? I wouldn’t say clumsy I just don’t have the patience to do all the fancy eyeshadow looks that you see floating about the web so I stick to simple looks.
- What do you apply first, concealer or foundation? Concealer first under my eyes, down my nose and on any spots I can see, then foundation and back in with concealer if needed.
- What do you love about makeup? I love how you can do lots of different looks with it and it makes you feel better when you put it on – if you haven’t smudged anywhere in the process.
Anybody that fancies doing it can copy and paste from mine, it’ll be fun to see your answers.
Til next time..
have a fab start to the weekend
Its been a while since I done a beauty post so I thought I would show you a few things i’m loving from The Body Shop
Also keep an eye out on their website for discount codes as they are always having amazing offers.
I absolutely love doing my eyes up and the eyeliner and mascara if not taken off fully leaves me with beautiful panda eyes. However since using this Camomile Gentle Eye Make Up Remover I have not had any dark circles from make up only the ones I support from being tired. Perfect addition to anyones night routine.
I am using this like its going out of fashion at the moment. I have been suffering with bad breakouts and tea tree as you know is the perfect medicine for them. I bought this in a Tea Tree Rescue Kit a few months ago so its coming in handy. You can use it whatever age. Spots aren’t just for the teenagers anymore. Stress and hormones have a lot to answer for.
I am a huge lover of Lavender its such a fresh and relexing scent and I saw this fragrance oil and thought I know what to use it for i’ll put it in my oil burner. So when I have a bath and fancy staying in there a while I will put this on and let the aroma circulate the room.There are so many other things you can use fragrance oils for which I will touch on in another post.
In one of my favourites you would have seen I am a big fan of this gorgeous Banana Shampoo so much so I bought it in bulk. Well it was 2 for £7 so it was rude not to take advantage of the offer. My mum uses it too so its a win win. We both have highlighted hair and it definitely brightens up our hair too.
Do you have a favourite from The Body Shop?
When you buy a more high-end nail varnish rather than the ones your normal drugstore stocks you would expect to have results that show that it was worth spending that little bit more.
This is the culprit…Kiss me on my tulips
i picked it because i am a lover of pink, i loved the name of it and thought yeah this will do the trick and have staying power.
Does it hell!!
I have had it on just over a week and i have had to touch up on nearly every nail three times. i don’t know why i didn’t just give in and take it off and put something different on. i guess it was because i didn’t want one of my more expensive nail varnishes to just get thrown in the drawer never to be seen again.
To make matters worse this happened
I was not amused i have real strong nails and i catch it in something and have to just cut it off. I have to now bring myself to cut my naturally long nails down. I am well proud of how long i can get them.
Thanks O.P.I you have made me never want to get a nail varnish from your range again, sort out the product and i may change my mind… heres my blog post on a Rimmel nail varnish which proved you don’t have to spend a fortune for pretty nails and does what it says on the bottle Excuse My French…Manicure
As a lover of Eyeliner for 15 years…well since i was 16 i have been striving to find the right one. It has been one hell of a struggle but i think i’ve finally found it.
Whilst searching on the net i came across the website Beauty Bay. Never been on it in my life so i was in make up heaven once i started scrolling through pages of gorgeous products.
In particular this eyeliner set below:- Zoeva Black Box
It comes with 4 black eyeliners 2 pencil and two liquid
1. Cat eye pen – to get that perfect winged effect i am yet to master that in need of practice so may need to nose at some tutorials.
2. Graphic Eyes – The shade is called Black to Earth and looks like a graphic pencil you would have used in art class i have used this on my water line. It looks smooth and gives a liquid liner look which i love.
3. Soft Kohl – This is quite subtle compared to the graphics one but still gives your eyes that bit of definition.
4. Calli Graphic – i have used this in the picture below for along my lash line, The key is to put the mascara on first and then follow with this as it will be easier to apply will do a video at a later date showing you what i mean.
For £19.99 i think it was well worth the money as its waterproof
i think its a winner in my eyes
Check out these beauties…
I wanted something that reflected my personality so I went for some super girly colours. I also cut about half an inch off them as they were getting way too long.
To get the base colour I used one of my favourites: Rimmels Go wild-er-ness by Rita Ora. This time of year I love pastels. It gives amazing coverage and you only need one coat of it too.
For the French tip look I chose Rimmels Lycra Pro Professional Finish In Pop Rose. Without a guide for my tips I think I did ok.
Here is my nails after 10 days. Baring in mind I’ve been packing boxes as I’m in the process of moving I don’t think that they’ve took too much of a bashing.
They can be found at your local Boots or Superdrug or you can find them online.
Amazon do some amazing nail polishes from different brands at affordable prices.
What’s your favourite shade of nail polish?
Here are the make up products I used to get the look below
First of all I applied seventeen falsify HD mascara to my lashes, I actually think this one is a must if you can’t afford high end ones and its tear-proof… tested by me. I put two coats just to make sure each lash has mascara on it
I took a blending brush and the makeup revolution electric dreams pallete and worked it across both lids not applying it too heavy so it still looks subtle but eye-catching.
After that I applied the Malani eye tech perfection liquid liner to my top lash line to give it a bit more edge. Then as always my signature thing under the eye liner. I find that a gel one always stays put and goes on smoother so I used Maybelline lasting drama gel liner.
I loved this look as purple brings out the green in my eyes. I am not one to experiment with eyeshadows but I think I may do now in the future.
Here’s a few things to to to help you relax unwind and give yourself a bit of me time.
• Set the mood – draw the curtains, put on fairy lights, light a scented candle or put an oil burner on • Choose a playlist that is going to chill you out, so maybe acoustic, panpipes, instrumental, love songs, whatever gets you into the zone.
• Whether it’s a shower or a bath you enjoy, take some me time and lather yourself up in your favourite body wash or emerse yourself in a bath full of bubbles.
• Grab a book you have been reading or meaning to get started on, or a magazine maybe a glass of your favourite tipple.
• Pampering yourself helps ease stress and worries so a face mask, body scrub, self tan, mani and pedi. Trying out new hair dos you’ve been meaning to give a try
• Meditation / yoga is not just for the zen people of the world. Trust me it works miracles when you are super stressed. Concentrating on your breathing or taking your mind off to somewhere nice is so relaxing and will help your body at the same time as your mind. It’s easy to learn and practising makes perfect.
• Watching your favourite film, or tv series will not only make you relaxed but happy at the same time
• Give yourself some me time at least once a week you deserve it.