I have over the last few weeks been trying to find something that can relax me and low and behold I could do it from the comfort of my Ipad.
So I already had a quite neat stylus pen I got a while ago so downloaded a few sketching apps such as Adobe sketch and procreate and just tried to let my creativity flow…
Here is what I have done so far
The last one is of my sister… She thought it was quite funny seeing herself in a sketch and said it was really good for a starter like me.
I hope to improve each time I draw.
Don’t ever shy away from trying something new as you never know if you like it if you don’t try it.
Home bargains reusable face pads are a bargain and they are saving the planet at the same time.
Washing machine safe and can be reused again and again.
Use them like you would a normal cotton wool pad and then rinse well. It’s up to you how often you use it before you decide to bung it into the machine.
They come in a pack of 4 so you won’t be left without one.
You can also get them in bulk on the likes of amazon and they look just like cotton wool pads as they are white. But I like my colourful ones. Call me crazy but a bit of colour adds a bit of fun to your skincare routine.
Some of you may be thinking of an alcoholic drink…
Although that is refreshing, this is going to be better for you.
When it’s rather warm and you need cooling down, you definitely need a facial spray to hand.
They are also soothing and calming as they state. They may not keep you cool for ages but in this heatwave they’ll look after your skin and leave it feeling more hydrated.
Of course there are more on the market but these are the ones I own.
The next post will be my monthly favourites next week.
So I’ll say have a fab weekend and stay sun safe.
Well I bought some bits on ASOS the other week only to be disappointed and sent it all back…can’t help having a chunky butt 😂
So with that money I bought some new goodies and here is what arrived for me today.
TWO FACE MASKS
Both soothing in this weather and I thought I could go between the two. I’ve tried the other Garnier clay masks and most peel off 7th heaven ones so I know these will be fab.
A COLOURFUL PALETTE OF 76 EYESHADOWS
If you didn’t know already, I am absolutely shite at doing any eyeshadow apart from a plain lid so I thought that this would be a start and it was under a tenner so if I can’t follow the YouTube tutorials it won’t be a waste of money.
I thought I may as well get some brushes to work with and these were about 7 pounds. I would definitely spend on more expensive ones if I was any good. I was so excited there was a foundation / spooly / eyeliner one too.
ROSE QUARTZ FACIAL ROLLER
I have seen these all over Instagram and YouTube and I finally caved in and got myself one. It is supposed to help the puffiness in your face and help around your eyes too. Let’s hope it gives me a forever young face.
MAYBELLINE ERASER CONCEALER
For those dark circles and the annoying spots I still get at 33 i picked this one. I have high hopes for it. As in the name it says erase. Impurities be gone.
There you have it, I will keep you in the loop on what I think of them as I need to try put some more beauty posts on here.
Thanks for stopping by
Til next time
I haven’t done a beauty related post lately so i thought what would be a good one and i stumbled across The Beauty Tag.
There is 30 questions but some didn’t really apply so i left them out.
so here we go with the questions…..
- Do you remember your first makeup item? I do I believe it was the Rimmel stick concealer – when the spots first started to appear
- Describe your perfect mascara? One that gives length, volume and doesn’t clump. My favourite at the moment is Maybelline lash sensational. It works a treat.
- What kind of coverage do you prefer in a foundation? I’d have to say full because I have problematic skin I like one that covers my imperfections without clogging my pores. I mix Revlon Color Stay & Loreal True Match to get the right shade – both in ivory.
- Favourite high end brand? I would have to say Benefit/MAC if they count as high end I tend to stick to the high street. Its kinder to my purse.
- What cosmetic brands have you always wanted to try but still haven’t? I would have to say Too Faced as I love the creativity of their palettes and the lipsticks are always in amazing shades.
- Favorite drugstore brand? I would have to say Loreal as I seem to have a lot of their products in my beauty drawer
- Do you wear fake eyelashes? No, I don’t need to my eyelashes have always been long enough not to need them and a stroke of the right mascara is enough for the volume.
- Is there any kind of makeup you can’t leave the house without? Eyeliner or concealer and sometimes lippy depending if it is a long lasting one or not.
- What is your most cherished beauty product? My MAC Fluid line Gel Liner.
- How often do you shop for makeup? As and when I need it…maybe once a month and then I can treat myself a little.
- Do you have a “beauty budget” or do you spend freely? I am a bit thrifty. I like to find a product that does the job of a high-end product for half the price.
- Do you ever consider taking makeup classes? Maybe one day if I really felt the need to but why not just look on youtube for tutorials instead.
- Do you have a favourite place to shop for makeup? I would have to say Superdrug as they always have a huge selection or if I did want to treat myself to a high-end product then its Debenhams.
- Do you like trying new skincare products or do you keep a certain routine? I tend to stick to a routine so I don’t upset my skin too much – sounds like it has feelings.
- What brand do you think has the best packaging? Too Faced without a doubt
- Which celebrity always has great makeup? Pretty much all of them as they have their own make-up artists.
- Favourite Beauty Guru? Jaclyn Hill of course…she’s talented and she’s got attitude as well.
- Are you clumsy in putting on makeup? I wouldn’t say clumsy I just don’t have the patience to do all the fancy eyeshadow looks that you see floating about the web so I stick to simple looks.
- What do you apply first, concealer or foundation? Concealer first under my eyes, down my nose and on any spots I can see, then foundation and back in with concealer if needed.
- What do you love about makeup? I love how you can do lots of different looks with it and it makes you feel better when you put it on – if you haven’t smudged anywhere in the process.
Anybody that fancies doing it can copy and paste from mine, it’ll be fun to see your answers.
Til next time..
have a fab start to the weekend
Its been a while since I done a beauty post so I thought I would show you a few things i’m loving from The Body Shop
Also keep an eye out on their website for discount codes as they are always having amazing offers.
I absolutely love doing my eyes up and the eyeliner and mascara if not taken off fully leaves me with beautiful panda eyes. However since using this Camomile Gentle Eye Make Up Remover I have not had any dark circles from make up only the ones I support from being tired. Perfect addition to anyones night routine.
I am using this like its going out of fashion at the moment. I have been suffering with bad breakouts and tea tree as you know is the perfect medicine for them. I bought this in a Tea Tree Rescue Kit a few months ago so its coming in handy. You can use it whatever age. Spots aren’t just for the teenagers anymore. Stress and hormones have a lot to answer for.
I am a huge lover of Lavender its such a fresh and relexing scent and I saw this fragrance oil and thought I know what to use it for i’ll put it in my oil burner. So when I have a bath and fancy staying in there a while I will put this on and let the aroma circulate the room.There are so many other things you can use fragrance oils for which I will touch on in another post.
In one of my favourites you would have seen I am a big fan of this gorgeous Banana Shampoo so much so I bought it in bulk. Well it was 2 for £7 so it was rude not to take advantage of the offer. My mum uses it too so its a win win. We both have highlighted hair and it definitely brightens up our hair too.
Do you have a favourite from The Body Shop?
When you buy a more high-end nail varnish rather than the ones your normal drugstore stocks you would expect to have results that show that it was worth spending that little bit more.
This is the culprit…Kiss me on my tulips
i picked it because i am a lover of pink, i loved the name of it and thought yeah this will do the trick and have staying power.
Does it hell!!
I have had it on just over a week and i have had to touch up on nearly every nail three times. i don’t know why i didn’t just give in and take it off and put something different on. i guess it was because i didn’t want one of my more expensive nail varnishes to just get thrown in the drawer never to be seen again.
To make matters worse this happened
I was not amused i have real strong nails and i catch it in something and have to just cut it off. I have to now bring myself to cut my naturally long nails down. I am well proud of how long i can get them.
Thanks O.P.I you have made me never want to get a nail varnish from your range again, sort out the product and i may change my mind… heres my blog post on a Rimmel nail varnish which proved you don’t have to spend a fortune for pretty nails and does what it says on the bottle Excuse My French…Manicure