I actually went out yesterday shopping what felt like the first time in forever. I guess because we have such luxuries as online shopping the high street sometimes gets neglected.
So we happened to stumble into this makeup store and I was only nosing and didn’t intend on buying anything as I am a bit like miss money penny I look after my money usually and only spend if I really do need it….or need cheering up.
well, these just jumped off the shelf and straight into my hands.
They are Clinique chubby sticks I was completely sold when I saw the shades being a total pinkaholic it was a 4 gone conclusion they were coming home with me.
It was my first thing I had ever had from Clinique apart from the odd freebie in a magazine. It was in an Outlet store so the price was £24 instead of £35 so it worked out £8 pounds a chubby stick so, to be honest, it wasn’t that bad for the purse. Plus it’s not as if I buy high-end products all the time.
- So you have 05 Plushest Punch which is an intense colour and is inbetween a pink and a red
- Then 06 Woppin’ Watermelon which is a toned down pink so you have some colour but not too in your face.
- Finally 03 Budding Blossom which is more of a pink shine so for those days when you just want a tiny moisture and pinkiness
I am really impressed with them and can’t wait to wear them more.
Just remember this – Never come between a girl and her lipstick.
Hope you are all having a fab weekend so far. Thanks for stopping by 💋
Til next time…
I haven’t done a beauty related post lately so i thought what would be a good one and i stumbled across The Beauty Tag.
There is 30 questions but some didn’t really apply so i left them out.
so here we go with the questions…..
- Do you remember your first makeup item? I do I believe it was the Rimmel stick concealer – when the spots first started to appear
- Describe your perfect mascara? One that gives length, volume and doesn’t clump. My favourite at the moment is Maybelline lash sensational. It works a treat.
- What kind of coverage do you prefer in a foundation? I’d have to say full because I have problematic skin I like one that covers my imperfections without clogging my pores. I mix Revlon Color Stay & Loreal True Match to get the right shade – both in ivory.
- Favourite high end brand? I would have to say Benefit/MAC if they count as high end I tend to stick to the high street. Its kinder to my purse.
- What cosmetic brands have you always wanted to try but still haven’t? I would have to say Too Faced as I love the creativity of their palettes and the lipsticks are always in amazing shades.
- Favorite drugstore brand? I would have to say Loreal as I seem to have a lot of their products in my beauty drawer
- Do you wear fake eyelashes? No, I don’t need to my eyelashes have always been long enough not to need them and a stroke of the right mascara is enough for the volume.
- Is there any kind of makeup you can’t leave the house without? Eyeliner or concealer and sometimes lippy depending if it is a long lasting one or not.
- What is your most cherished beauty product? My MAC Fluid line Gel Liner.
- How often do you shop for makeup? As and when I need it…maybe once a month and then I can treat myself a little.
- Do you have a “beauty budget” or do you spend freely? I am a bit thrifty. I like to find a product that does the job of a high-end product for half the price.
- Do you ever consider taking makeup classes? Maybe one day if I really felt the need to but why not just look on youtube for tutorials instead.
- Do you have a favourite place to shop for makeup? I would have to say Superdrug as they always have a huge selection or if I did want to treat myself to a high-end product then its Debenhams.
- Do you like trying new skincare products or do you keep a certain routine? I tend to stick to a routine so I don’t upset my skin too much – sounds like it has feelings.
- What brand do you think has the best packaging? Too Faced without a doubt
- Which celebrity always has great makeup? Pretty much all of them as they have their own make-up artists.
- Favourite Beauty Guru? Jaclyn Hill of course…she’s talented and she’s got attitude as well.
- Are you clumsy in putting on makeup? I wouldn’t say clumsy I just don’t have the patience to do all the fancy eyeshadow looks that you see floating about the web so I stick to simple looks.
- What do you apply first, concealer or foundation? Concealer first under my eyes, down my nose and on any spots I can see, then foundation and back in with concealer if needed.
- What do you love about makeup? I love how you can do lots of different looks with it and it makes you feel better when you put it on – if you haven’t smudged anywhere in the process.
Anybody that fancies doing it can copy and paste from mine, it’ll be fun to see your answers.
Til next time..
have a fab start to the weekend
Since I was old enough to wear it, I have always been a lover of makeup.
I’m not that adventurous, purely because I don’t want to end up looking like a clown or someone with black eyes instead of smokey ones. So I have decided to share with you my everyday look and what products I use.
Firstly I prep my face with a moisturiser to make sure my dry areas are taken care of and is ready for the foundation AKA ‘my mask ‘.
I apply my Collection Lasting Perfection in the shade fair under my eyes in an upside down triangle style, down my nose in the shape of something rude. Think you know what but it I find doing this covers my nose nicely. Then lastly to any blemishes and then blend.
I use three drops of Revlon Colour Stay Foundation in the shade fair (Because I am) and one drop of True Match in the shade Rose Ivory to match my skin tone. I sometimes use a brush or sometimes my fingers it just depends on whether I’m in a hurry or not.
Next, I apply two coats of L’Oréal Baby Roll Mascara to my top lashes. I don’t do it to the bottom as I think they are long enough already. I love this one it really volumises and lengthens them.
I grab an eyeliner brush and my MAC Fluidline Eyeliner and just apply it on my liquid line. I leave the upper liner for evening looks.
To add a bit of colour to little pale me I put some of my NYX Mosaic Blush on the apples of my cheeks. It’s quite subtle which I like about this product.
I apply a tiny bit of my Benefit High Beam Highlighter just above my cheeks and on my Cupid’s bow just to accentuate them.
Lastly, I apply some Nivea Fruity Shine Watermelon Lip Balm to just give my lips a hint of colour.
There you go…Here is the finished look with some added curls for good measure.
Thanks for reading and I’ll see you in my next post.
Summer months call for summer nails so that’s what i decided on at the weekend and here is what i used to achieve the look i finished up with.
– Summer Sling
– Pink flamingo
– Mint cooler
All from Boots Seventeen range and i think it was on a 3 for 2 offer at the time too.
Since i only had 3 colours and 5 fingers i had to try and decide how to make it look effective and this was what i went for.
For the tips i used different brands as i just made do with what i already had.
– Emerald Tropic (Seventeen)
– Pump up the purple (Rimmel)
– Kiss me on my tulips (O.P.I)
Here you go my Pastel French Manicure with my Primark plant modelling too.
Its been a while since I done a beauty post so I thought I would show you a few things i’m loving from The Body Shop
Also keep an eye out on their website for discount codes as they are always having amazing offers.
I absolutely love doing my eyes up and the eyeliner and mascara if not taken off fully leaves me with beautiful panda eyes. However since using this Camomile Gentle Eye Make Up Remover I have not had any dark circles from make up only the ones I support from being tired. Perfect addition to anyones night routine.
I am using this like its going out of fashion at the moment. I have been suffering with bad breakouts and tea tree as you know is the perfect medicine for them. I bought this in a Tea Tree Rescue Kit a few months ago so its coming in handy. You can use it whatever age. Spots aren’t just for the teenagers anymore. Stress and hormones have a lot to answer for.
I am a huge lover of Lavender its such a fresh and relexing scent and I saw this fragrance oil and thought I know what to use it for i’ll put it in my oil burner. So when I have a bath and fancy staying in there a while I will put this on and let the aroma circulate the room.There are so many other things you can use fragrance oils for which I will touch on in another post.
In one of my favourites you would have seen I am a big fan of this gorgeous Banana Shampoo so much so I bought it in bulk. Well it was 2 for £7 so it was rude not to take advantage of the offer. My mum uses it too so its a win win. We both have highlighted hair and it definitely brightens up our hair too.
Do you have a favourite from The Body Shop?
I fancied giving my nails a quick pampering and had a nosey in my vanity case…… This where I keep all the nail varnishes I’ve picked up and are still useable. Nothings worse than finding one you used to love and its separated.
The 3 I picked to get the look above which was really quite easy were:
Rimmel/ Rita Ora -Plump up the purple
OPI – Kiss me on my tulips
Loreal – le French manicure liner
Firstly I pained the ring fingers pink with the OPI Kiss me on my tulips because we have all done it before when we want to do this kind of look and accidently paint them all the same colour.
Next I paint the rest of my nails with Rimmels Plump up the purple which usually I don’t go for dark colours but thought why not.
Last of all I take Loreal le French manicure pen and do random dots on each nail to give it that je ne sais quoi.
I really like the look and it took all of 10 minutes to do.
When we are looking for a new beauty product generally we look at what we can get for the best price and is fantastic quality too.
Below you will see some tried and tested beauty buys that I have found that are half the price and do pretty much the same job.
A lipstick that doesn’t come off after eating, kissing, and after a couple hours wear and has a liquid consistency but dries matte
A mascara that makes lashes full in volume and could easily be mistaken for falsies 3)
A brush that gets rid of the tangles with no tears or split ends
An Eyeliner that defines your waterline and is waterproof too.
Look after the pennies…and the pounds will look after themselves