I was looking through some old photos of myself and it seems that the fringe has been a love hate relationship.
However I wanted to look at the ones of me with longer hair with one so I can decide what I’m going to do with my mop once it gets to that length.
So this is 2008 and I think that a boyfriend I was with at the time saw a old pic of me with a fringe and said I looked ‘hot’ with one so I went and got one, safe to say when he dumped me I pinned it back and grew it out 🙈
This next one was 2014. I had grown my bob that was blonde to above my shoulders and thought I’d dye it brown and bring back the fringe. I think in this pic I look younger than I did in the first. I think I got fed up of getting it trimmed and it went…again.
This is me today 2019 for future readers. This is a £20 amazon wig. I’m actually really digging it. It’s very close to natural colour so I can dream of when it’s this length. I may brave it and wear it out, well my theory is its gonna keep my ears warm in the winter.
Have you had any hairstyles that just keep creeping back in?
Some of us just write a blog post and post it and aren’t overly fussed about how it does or who it’s inspired.
However the majority of us do, as it shows how you grow in your journey of blogging.
So I thought about the types of things we all could do throughout the month to stay ahead of ourselves.
– Publish new blog post
– Respond to comments
– Ensure all links in post work correctly
– Comment on 5-10 peoples blog posts
– Browse Internet for inspiration
– Promote on all your social media platforms
– Check and respond to ant emails / DMs you have
– Plan and start writing your next post
– Make mind maps or bullet points for future posts
– Use Pinterest to get ideas
– Take photographs, find graphics and quotes to use in your blog posts.
– Continue to share your posts over on your socials but don’t over do it… You don’t want to appear annoying.
– Have a evaluation of how your blog is performing, print out the insights and see which ones your readers are most interested in
– Improve on things in your blog that you spot isn’t working so great, maybe your schedule of the days you post or the type of content you put out.
– Look at the theme and think do you still love it, because if you don’t… It needs to change.
I could go on and on but those were just a few pointers.
The most important thing is to interact with your readers in your blog post, the comments and then in their blog posts too. Be a loyal follower 🌸
I have just realised my title is a high school muaical song but I’m going to roll with it.
So I really think making lists is something that everyone should do.
Even if you have a mind that remembers everything.
These little beauts are from Card Factory for £2 and they pretty much are all you need to have your shit together.
In tomorrows post I am going to be talking all things blogging and what things will be helpful during each month.
So come back tomorrow and I hope today is a good start to your week.
Bring your notepad and pen to take notes.
Happy Friday my lovelies. This is last week of Fierce Female Friday. Today we have the lovely Chanelle.
Chanelle is a small town blogger from New Zealand who tends to blog mostly about beauty and lifestyle. She blogs to express her passion for makeup and enjoys interacting with other bloggers.
Here are the Q and A’s
1. What makes you feel powerful?
I feel powerful when I’m able to help someone and share knowledge. Also, wearing bright fuchsia lipstick makes me feel happy and confident – it’s MY colour!
2. What 3 strong women do you look up to?
1. My mum – I am who I am mostly because of her. She has taught me important lessons and has had to go through a lot in life. She brought up two children on her own which can’t have been easy.
2. Shania Twain – I have listened to Shania’s music since I was a young girl. Music makes me happiest and it was an honour to be at Shania’s first ever New Zealand show in 2018 (she even touched my hand). Her life hasn’t always been easy and her attitude to keep fighting and keep going is inspirational.
3. Cheating a little here but Kylie and Dannii Minogue – I cant pick a favourite and I look up to them both! They are proof that hard work and determination will get you far. They always bounce back when faced with adversity.
2.What advice would you give to someone needing to find their inner fierceness?
Really get to know yourself and who you are, what you like, what you don’t like etc. – this shows you have a standard and if people come along and try and walk over you and make you change they won’t be able to. Trust your gut instinct. Don’t be afraid to spend time alone. Know that it’s ok not to do what everyone else does. Most importantly, be kind to yourself!
Why not go and check out chanelles links below
I have really enjoyed this months series of Feirce women, I hope you have too.
After watching the tear jerking documentary with little mix Jesy Nelson ‘odd one out’ it didn’t half bring back all the feelings of what happened to me.
Life from the age of 11 was not how I envisioned it to be. I guess starting puberty that early didn’t help.
I was pretty much the only one for a few years that suffered with acne which of course made me the target for name calling and just making me feel like shit.
I had even a group of so called friends turn on me and taunt me inside of school and out. Our phone had to be unplugged as they were prank phoning every time you put it down for about 5 hours a day of a weekend 😔 it was horrendous looking back
These would in turn be the ones who beat me black and blue 2 weeks before my exams. My prom photos weren’t the ones I wished for as my face was still too sore for make up.
It took a good 5 years to actually get them out my head and life. But I don’t know why it still happens daily to people. It’s just not called for and it makes me so fierce when you see people take their lives because of it.
Bullies are just insecure about their own lives and instead of facing their problems they make sure someone else is miserable too.
My advice is to never suffer in silence. You deserve a happy life so don’t be made to feel miserable in the process.
For my last week of features i have a wonderful blogger i have been following over the last few years and a newbie who is a breath of fresh air…..without further ado i’ll let them introduce herself.
Hi, My name is Liz and I am 44 (and no I am not lying lol).
I run the blog Lizanne-style.co.uk and the YouTube channel Lizanne-style. I have ran the blog and YouTube channel for about 2 years and the subjects I cover are beauty and lifestyle. I post every Thursday and Saturday on my blog and I upload every two weeks on my YouTube channel.
Next we have PhoebeEmma
My blog is about empowering women to be the most confident version of themselves in business and life.
Facebook page: facebook.com/confidencetosuccess/
I also have a facebook group for women who want to find their confidence –
Til next time
I hope you’ve enjoyed me including some bloggers you may not have known about.