Hey, i hope you all had a lovely time over the new year.
So i thought for my first post of the year i would focus on planning as most of us have plans for the year however big they are.
So we have your standard one you would print out and fill in. These are ever so handy because if you mess up you can just print out another, or do it on your computer (no need to print)
If you want to be a bit more creative then a bullet journal is the one to go for as you can be as individual as you like. This is an example of one weekly spread you may want to.
Of course there’s nothing wrong with just having a notepad to keep all your plans in and writing the dates as you go along.
Lastly you’ve got a planner that’s got it all set out for you and all you got to do is put your plans in it’s designated area (this is mine) I’m going to talk through it at a later date as i think it’s fab.
I thought i would also include these 3 for the journaling lovers. Got to love a good 30 day challenge.
Hope you have fun answering these i know I’m going to
Til next time
I have this book that i had last Christmas that hasn’t even been wrote in – typical stationery addict. It’s been sat in a drawer waiting patiently for his day.
Well i have decided that this coming year he will be very much used.
This is food for thought for you too.
Start off the new year with a new book – the more pages the better. Each day make sure you pick up this book and write a page in it. No matter what it is.
It could be
- A to do list
- A log of what you did that day
- A dream you had and you want to relay back to it.
- Plans for a future project/outing
Literally anything you want.
It will get you into the habit of writing and not just the digital form.
Keep a diary separate as the book will then just become a diary. You want to make it much more than that.
There will be some really nice ones out there this time of year with Christmas sales and all that.
Hope you are all pretty much prepared for next week, for just one day. But let’s be honest it’s a special roast we’ve been waiting for all year.
I thought I would do something a little bit different and do a comparison kind of post.
It’s coming to the end of the year in just under 6 weeks. We can say Happy 2019 and good riddance to the year you’ve just had. Unless of course it was one of your best years of your life then cherish every moment.
Most of you reading this will no doubt have some way of recording your creative moments you do, whether it’s blogging, any clubs you belong to, or the things that bring you joy such as meeting with friends or family and doing exciting stuff.
In this day and age it’s generally a diary and bullet journal that people turn to and I wanted to talk about the things I think set them apart from each other.
- A diary comes in a few forms, one that’s already got the pages organised for you in 7 days (a week obviously). Some a page a day if you have a lot to write and jot notes or doodle on the side. Then finally there’s the one that has the times from morning til night if you are one that plans by the hour.
- You can write how the days gone in a diary and flip back at a later date to remind you what happened on a certain day. I have a fair few of these in my loft.
- They come in array of sizes and usually you can search online and type in whatever style or colour cover you want and it’s doable. Some pricier then others depending where you buy it from
- When you decide to bullet journal there are endless things you can put in there from a weekly spread where you have a key method of symbols to show whether it’s been completed, migrated or not done etc. You can make it your own key you don’t need to follow the way the inventor did, make it your own.
- It’s more of a tracker compared to a diary, you can make pages decorative and for instance track what series you are watching and how far along you are. What books you’ve read, giving them stars for how good/bad they were. A habit tracker, your favourite quotes, literally anything your heart desires.
- Usually you would get either a plain hardback book or one with dots in or if you are going to be doing more writing than drawing then a feint lined one would be great also. The one people swear by is the make Leuchttrum 1917 simply because it’s such excellent quality.
Personally I gave bullet journaling a go and it didn’t work for me I couldn’t get my creative juices going at the time so a diary it’s been for the last two years. It’s not to say I won’t ever do a bullet journal but it’s just not for me right now.
Which one would you pick for your creative needs?
Thanks for stopping by
Til next time
- Do you go into a supermarket and find yourself accidentally slipping into the stationery aisle and your eyes instantly lighting up?
- Do you buy a pretty notepad just because, and a handful of cute pens too?
- Do you try to justify to others why you needed those pink paperclips and a marble stapler even though you hardly ever have loose papers to put together?
- Do you think you have enough to start a stationery shop?
Consider yourself a stationery addict
Please don’t be ashamed and know you are not alone, you definitely don’t need to give up this addiction. It’s one you can shout from the rooftops and be proud.
I’ve been one since I’ve been able to write so nearly 30 years. I cried when our local stationers shut. Just for the record, it wasn’t last week it was a fair few years ago.
What are your favourite stationery bits to buy?
Its the last day of July and what a lovely glorious one it’s been. Summer is definitely in full swing now. Roll on the next couple of months.
Here’s the best bits from July aka Chapter 7
As I always feel the cold its been so lovely to have hot hot weather. If you aren’t from the UK you won’t know we never get sun this good so it’s quite a treat. I’ve got myself a little tan so I’m happy as I very rarely tan.
I was drawn to it because of the cactus on it but was utterly blown away when I saw the full price of it in Primark £4…yes I thought you are going in my basket. Can’t say I’d trust it in any swimming pool as it’ll probably be see through but it’s cute.
CATS EYES SUNNIES
I have a few pairs of sunglasses that I have had for donkeys years so I thought I’d treat myself to a pair on ASOS and these were the ones that drew me in. When they came I was hoping they would suit me as it would have been sad to send them back. Luckily they did. They were £12. I’ve worn them every day since. Thumbs up.
SONG OF THE MONTH
Since I was about 7 I have loved Gabrielle. She’s quirky and her voice really is something else. This is her latest song: SHINE. It is quite catchy. Really hoping she has an album coming out. Will keep my ears open for it.
So many times this year I started making a bullet journal and it just didn’t look right, I wasn’t happy with how I was setting it out. I felt unmotivated to carry it on. So I came across this little beauty on Amazon for £4.99 and I thought if this doesn’t work then bullet journaling isn’t for me. We have a winner. It’s kept me very productive and organised. May do a flip through on here at some point.
QUOTE OF THE MONTH
I always do this, I like people to feel happy with themselves. You never know how much of a positive impact it would have on someone.
Along with these favourites I have seen two of my lifelong friends get wed a week ago, well their evening do. They had been together 13 years and thought best do it. They live on a farm so the evening do was in a barn. My wheelchair needed a clean when we got home but it was so worth it.
August is only a day away…
let the sun shine on.
For all my new readers…and old ones too.
Every Wednesday i upload a video over on my YouTube channel usually about lifestyle/mental health.
Todays video is all about journaling and planning.
I have put the collection of mine together today and chat my way through the video about them.
If you want to see what i use which journal/planner for what click on my video below.
I may possibly do a blog post at a later date talking about each one.
Keep your eyes peeled for it.
Hope your week is going great so far.
Til next time, love Holzie xx