You have all been there no doubt when you have so much passion to write but the words you want to write just don’t flow like they usually do.
I said in the last post that I was scared I was losing my mojo….wth all the disruption we’ve all had going on sometimes it’s hard to focus and have the motivation.
I am slowly getting back to it… and these are some things that are helping me get there.
1. Start with writing out all the answers to these questions…there are plenty of these on Pinterest
2. Think of all the topics you like writing about and put them in a spidergram and then add the legs of the spider with post ideas. It doesn’t have to be a rushed thing but it definitely helps
3. Read recent articles and other blogs for inspiration but never steal someone else’s hard work. You’re just there to get topic ideas that’s it.
I hope if you are ever stuck you could take one of these tips and use them.
Stay safe all
Much love 😘
I am not going to be one of those going into meltdown over what’s happening in the world right now.
I am going to keep calm and carry on.
where do you like to do your writing/blogging?
Sometimes I can be found at my desk in my office feeling very much in my element
I also can be found with loads of notepads , bits of paper with ideas in the living room spread all over the floor. An organised mess.
Then again I feel creative at the most random of times so I could be sat watching TV, led in bed, or sometimes when I’m out and about.
Wherever you are, let your creativity come out. It’s something kind of special and shouldn’t just be pushed to one side.
I guess everyone is creative, but not everybody has the guts to take the bull by the horns and go with it.
You know everybody is going to join in on Christmas jumper wearing throughout December so why not be a sheep this once and follow.
Here’s a handful I found on Pinterest that I’d definitely wear
Some are really hideous and cringe worthy but these I think are totally wearable.
Think my favourite ones are the first and last one.
15 days to go 🎄 that’s if you’re counting xx
I thought I’d write a poem today which will most likely make a feature in my book once I put it together…
Let me know what you think
It’s not what you look like, it makes you stand out I know, but does it show just who you are deep down, I think no.
Don’t be superficial and just go on looks alone, the person who you are seeking should like you for you, if not tell them to go.
Standing in front of the mirror, does it show how you feel, your happiness inside you spinning on an imaginary wheel?
Don’t worry about the outside it is not to be approved, because once you have undressed it.. all has been removed,
So worry about the inside of you before you decorate the out.
Tell the vanity inside of you to hurry up, get out.
You know when you have all your pretty notebooks you don’t want to use because you just want up admire them and keep them fresh…
So you get yourself a boring notebook and it just doesn’t scream use me so just gets pushed to one side.
I thought why not use that lonely book and make it look simple but pretty at the same time so here is what I decided to go with.
A piece of pink card, some double sided adhesive tape, some sticker paper, a quote and there you have it. A couple of hearts drawn on for good measure.
You don’t have to be good at crafts, just use your imagination a bit.
Go as crazy as you like…
If you decide to do it and share it on Instagram tag me @holzieloves or use #HLDIY
Happy Thursday 😘
Happy Friday my lovelies. This is last week of Fierce Female Friday. Today we have the lovely Chanelle.
Chanelle is a small town blogger from New Zealand who tends to blog mostly about beauty and lifestyle. She blogs to express her passion for makeup and enjoys interacting with other bloggers.
Here are the Q and A’s
1. What makes you feel powerful?
I feel powerful when I’m able to help someone and share knowledge. Also, wearing bright fuchsia lipstick makes me feel happy and confident – it’s MY colour!
2. What 3 strong women do you look up to?
1. My mum – I am who I am mostly because of her. She has taught me important lessons and has had to go through a lot in life. She brought up two children on her own which can’t have been easy.
2. Shania Twain – I have listened to Shania’s music since I was a young girl. Music makes me happiest and it was an honour to be at Shania’s first ever New Zealand show in 2018 (she even touched my hand). Her life hasn’t always been easy and her attitude to keep fighting and keep going is inspirational.
3. Cheating a little here but Kylie and Dannii Minogue – I cant pick a favourite and I look up to them both! They are proof that hard work and determination will get you far. They always bounce back when faced with adversity.
2.What advice would you give to someone needing to find their inner fierceness?
Really get to know yourself and who you are, what you like, what you don’t like etc. – this shows you have a standard and if people come along and try and walk over you and make you change they won’t be able to. Trust your gut instinct. Don’t be afraid to spend time alone. Know that it’s ok not to do what everyone else does. Most importantly, be kind to yourself!
Why not go and check out chanelles links below
I have really enjoyed this months series of Feirce women, I hope you have too.