This post can apply at any time but I think January is the optimum time to do it.
Of course having one diary can of course be helpful… But sometimes if you are a stationery addict and like getting your shit together then include some of these kind of notebooks/ journals below.
So this is a weekly spread type diary. Where you can quickly note down what you have to do or have done. I like to use this for keeping track of when my blog posts have been published. To look back on the topics with ease. Love the little note section on the opposite side, really helpful.
This is my book I write in every night. It has a space at the top to write what went on in the day, you could even draw there instead. It also asks you a question that gets you thinking. I like the concept of that.
This notepad only arrived yesterday and I was so excited. It has so many pages and 10 sections. Got to plan what subjects are going in there. It was really affordable and can be used for literally anything.
Lastly I have a 5 minute ls before bed journal which I don’t think would see you through the year so it’s one to more down special things in. I want it to be a positive thought provoking one. But you can use them as you wish. I had it for Christmas but I am pretty sure Paperchase still do it.
Am I the only stationery obsessed one around here, i hope not.
Hey my lovely ones,
I wanted to have somewhere where I could just randomly blog daily about whatever came to mind that I also wanted to share with whoever wanted a read. I felt that here on Holzieloves wasn’t the right place and decided to make a second blog.
Holzieloves is going to be 3 this year and I have built it up to help inspire, share my tips, my life experiences, and to entertain and I intend to keep it that way.
So my second blog is called THE DIARY OF A PINKAHOLIC and it is what it says. I have always kept a diary of some sort and i adore pink. Don’t worry the blog doesn’t talk about pink all the time. It’s whatever is going on that day and a little bit of my humour too.
if you’d like to check it out then click here
I will still be uploading 2/3 posts a week here on Holzieloves so keep your eyes open for the next one.
Hey, i hope you all had a lovely time over the new year.
So i thought for my first post of the year i would focus on planning as most of us have plans for the year however big they are.
So we have your standard one you would print out and fill in. These are ever so handy because if you mess up you can just print out another, or do it on your computer (no need to print)
If you want to be a bit more creative then a bullet journal is the one to go for as you can be as individual as you like. This is an example of one weekly spread you may want to.
Of course there’s nothing wrong with just having a notepad to keep all your plans in and writing the dates as you go along.
Lastly you’ve got a planner that’s got it all set out for you and all you got to do is put your plans in it’s designated area (this is mine) I’m going to talk through it at a later date as i think it’s fab.
I thought i would also include these 3 for the journaling lovers. Got to love a good 30 day challenge.
Hope you have fun answering these i know I’m going to
Til next time
I have this book that i had last Christmas that hasn’t even been wrote in – typical stationery addict. It’s been sat in a drawer waiting patiently for his day.
Well i have decided that this coming year he will be very much used.
This is food for thought for you too.
Start off the new year with a new book – the more pages the better. Each day make sure you pick up this book and write a page in it. No matter what it is.
It could be
- A to do list
- A log of what you did that day
- A dream you had and you want to relay back to it.
- Plans for a future project/outing
Literally anything you want.
It will get you into the habit of writing and not just the digital form.
Keep a diary separate as the book will then just become a diary. You want to make it much more than that.
There will be some really nice ones out there this time of year with Christmas sales and all that.
Hope you are all pretty much prepared for next week, for just one day. But let’s be honest it’s a special roast we’ve been waiting for all year.
I thought I would do something a little bit different and do a comparison kind of post.
It’s coming to the end of the year in just under 6 weeks. We can say Happy 2019 and good riddance to the year you’ve just had. Unless of course it was one of your best years of your life then cherish every moment.
Most of you reading this will no doubt have some way of recording your creative moments you do, whether it’s blogging, any clubs you belong to, or the things that bring you joy such as meeting with friends or family and doing exciting stuff.
In this day and age it’s generally a diary and bullet journal that people turn to and I wanted to talk about the things I think set them apart from each other.
- A diary comes in a few forms, one that’s already got the pages organised for you in 7 days (a week obviously). Some a page a day if you have a lot to write and jot notes or doodle on the side. Then finally there’s the one that has the times from morning til night if you are one that plans by the hour.
- You can write how the days gone in a diary and flip back at a later date to remind you what happened on a certain day. I have a fair few of these in my loft.
- They come in array of sizes and usually you can search online and type in whatever style or colour cover you want and it’s doable. Some pricier then others depending where you buy it from
- When you decide to bullet journal there are endless things you can put in there from a weekly spread where you have a key method of symbols to show whether it’s been completed, migrated or not done etc. You can make it your own key you don’t need to follow the way the inventor did, make it your own.
- It’s more of a tracker compared to a diary, you can make pages decorative and for instance track what series you are watching and how far along you are. What books you’ve read, giving them stars for how good/bad they were. A habit tracker, your favourite quotes, literally anything your heart desires.
- Usually you would get either a plain hardback book or one with dots in or if you are going to be doing more writing than drawing then a feint lined one would be great also. The one people swear by is the make Leuchttrum 1917 simply because it’s such excellent quality.
Personally I gave bullet journaling a go and it didn’t work for me I couldn’t get my creative juices going at the time so a diary it’s been for the last two years. It’s not to say I won’t ever do a bullet journal but it’s just not for me right now.
Which one would you pick for your creative needs?
Thanks for stopping by
Til next time
Hey Hey, its Friday.
I actually don’t mind staying in on a Friday night, or a Saturday come to think of it. I think as you get older you go past caring about going out on the razz every weekend.
I’m going to make my Friday night a nostalgic one. Cos i love memories i can look back on. So here’s my plans.
I’ve got 10 things i hate about you, cos who didn’t swoon over Heath singing your too good to be true can’t take my eyes off of you back in the 90s.
Then Billy Elliot, i love the how it’s full of controversy and it tells a wonderful story. Julie Walters is so funny in it too.
Finally Muriels Wedding. It’s such a classic and me and my friend Lou used to do the Waterloo dance in her living room until we had the moves to a T.
I found my diary from 10 years ago and i know this will be a banger to read as i remember the boyfriends and my clubbing days were quite something to write about so i look forward to reading that.
Then I’m gonna put a face mask on too just so i feel a bit more relaxed.
If i can’t sleep i may get started on my scrap book, i have only used 4 pages in it so far but really wanna make it something rather interesting to flip through when it’s finished.
What do you like doing on a Friday night?