It feels like Christmas When…..
- When you hear a Christmas song…in December of course. Mine is Fairy tale of New York (you scumbag you maggot you cheap lousy faggot).
- There is mulled wine when you go somewhere to eat…I’m not a fan of it myself.
- Proper mince pies are out in the supermarket and the bakeries. Can’t beat a bit of squirty cream with mine.
- Your town/village puts up their festive lights…some make more effort than others.
- When you put up your Christmas Decs…there’s no denying then that its getting nearer.
- Father Christmas (the bloke dressed up waving like some silly bugger) comes around on the float blaring ‘oh I wish it could be Christmas everyday.’
- The Christmas jumpers are out in shops. I’ll own up I have two. Don’t know if they’ll fit this year
- Its snowing outside. Rarely do we get it here in England but that’s when it really feels Christmassy.
- When all major shops bring out the gorgeous smelling festive candles. I always like the cinnamon ones.
What makes you feel like Christmas is here?
You know when you have all your pretty notebooks you don’t want to use because you just want up admire them and keep them fresh…
So you get yourself a boring notebook and it just doesn’t scream use me so just gets pushed to one side.
I thought why not use that lonely book and make it look simple but pretty at the same time so here is what I decided to go with.
A piece of pink card, some double sided adhesive tape, some sticker paper, a quote and there you have it. A couple of hearts drawn on for good measure.
You don’t have to be good at crafts, just use your imagination a bit.
Go as crazy as you like…
If you decide to do it and share it on Instagram tag me @holzieloves or use #HLDIY
Happy Thursday 😘
So I bought my laptop in October 2017 and for about 3 months it looked pretty boring on the outside.
For those wondering it’s an Asus Transformer Mini.
So according to my photo album in January 2018 I decided to jazz it up a bit with some stickers I’d found on Google and Pinterest.
It was very much based on social media, blogging, and of course Netflix.
I loved it but after 22 months it started to peel a little and it just didn’t look pretty to me anymore.
So I got some more self adhesive photo paper and this is what it looks like as of today
I love my chick flicks, music, sleep, YouTube, I own a cactus, love a good quote and my cute little niece is called Daisy so that’s why they are on there.
It’s nice to add a bit of character and a personal touch to things.
I have over the last few weeks been trying to find something that can relax me and low and behold I could do it from the comfort of my Ipad.
So I already had a quite neat stylus pen I got a while ago so downloaded a few sketching apps such as Adobe sketch and procreate and just tried to let my creativity flow…
Here is what I have done so far
The last one is of my sister… She thought it was quite funny seeing herself in a sketch and said it was really good for a starter like me.
I hope to improve each time I draw.
Don’t ever shy away from trying something new as you never know if you like it if you don’t try it.
Ok, so i guess you have stumbled across something like this before on the net where you write a letter to your significant other to open at certain times in their life.
Well you know me i like do do things a bit differently so this is my DIY i’m setting myself and i’ll share the first letter with you in a min.
It’s writing letters to yourself. It’s not weird…its really taking care of you, and when you need that bit of guidance or to be perked up reach for that certain letter in your pack.
you can look at pinterest for inspiration or get it right from the heart. There is no right or wrong way.
So here is my first one…
You kind of get the jist of it right? It’s to pick you up when you need it the most.
It’ll be great if some of you decide to do this.
Thanks for stopping by
Til next time
If only our house wasn’t carpeted… Or maybe in my dream house I could do one of these DIYs on the stairs.
I love quotes and positivity and seeing these on Pinterest I thought I’d share incase any of you thought of doing something similar.
Some people may think this looks a bit naff but I think it’s really quirky.
Anyway my beauts Here’s to the weekend.