Because illness has become a very big part of my life. I can’t just ignore the fact that life has changed for me big time. Before I would wake up and think what can I do today? Now I wake up and the first thing I think of, are my legs.
Since the last update I have been in hospital again. Luckily they let me home the next day, as my really good friend lent me a single bed and the occupational therapist gave us enough mobility aids to start a shop. So my bedroom is now in the living room.
My legs are in paralysis 90% of the time so they are pretty useless. So it’s from the bed to the wheelchair and then back to bed with the help of mum and a couple aids too.
It’s hard as hell, I tell you.
If you look back at my blog in July – talking about walking miles around the city before watching our musical, that was literally 2 months ago. Now I can barely walk a yard.
Most of the time I’m extremely positive, as I think it’s better than wallowing in something that can’t be helped. There is the odd day where all I do is cry. But hey I’m only human.
Until I have an appointment come through for the specialist I just have to plod on the best I can.
All this I couldn’t do without my wonderful mum and also the brilliant support of my friends too.
It’s 2 in the morning as I’m writing this I just can’t sleep. I find writing therapeutic so I thought why not do an update.
That’s all to report on the health front.
See you in the next post
Since I wrote my last post I was blue lighted to hospital again. With this unexplainable paralysis in my legs. Didn’t I feel pretty rotten and very much defeated.
After a week at home I had slowly but surely tried to get myself round the house using my walking stick and remembering all they told me when I was let home, but it somehow didn’t stop it from happening again.
I spent the last 5 days being tested and trying to find a diagnosis I’ve been told I have Functional Neurological Disorder which can happen to anyone at any age and some factors have contributed to mine. Here is where you can read more to what it is. No doubt I’ll touch on it in a later post.
FUNCTIONAL NEUROLOGICAL DISORDER
I won’t let any illness stop me from writing. It’s been my passion since I could put pen to paper and it makes me happy.
So if my posts are not Monday and Thursday like I used to schedule them for please forgive me. I want to post them whatever day I can, I guess when my body lets me.
Don’t worry I will keep them varied and not all health related from now on.
Have a fab weekend.
My legs gave way and I was stuck in one place for 2 hours. I could feel that something wasn’t quite right at the beginning of the week but just plodded on the best I could. Didn’t venture anywhere so I didn’t over exert myself.
I can’t use my left side it’s useless at the mo and I’m led in a hospital bed trying to eat fish chips and peas with one hand. I have to go for a MRI scan in a few hours so I’m hoping they’ll find some answers to the reason why I went down like a bag of shit.
If I’m absent from my blog for a few days I’m just recuperating. Just bear with me.
I now have a place at the bottom of the garden where it feels so zen and peaceful and it’s simplistic.
A place where I can take myself off to and get into the state of mind where i can forget about the crap things that have happened and channel my positivity instead.
I’m not spiritual or religious but I’m all for getting rid of negativity that’s around you and not holding too much anger in for too long. It’s not good for you physically or mentally. What’s the saying…
‘LET THAT SHIT GO’
So I aim to go down to this humble place in the evening before bed and give myself time to put myself in a happy mindset ready for the next day.
Think a pair of headphones may be needed so I can blast my panpipes/acoustic tunes and not get frowned upon by the neighbours.
What do you do to wind down?
I was one of the unfortunate sods to still get spots way after puberty had been and gone and no matter what products i used over the years i was still having to find a way of covering them up with thick cakey foundation and concealer.
But the thing was it never got rid of them it just masked them.
I stumbled across the discovery after i had noticed the difference and i thought a ha thats why i have near to no spots. As i write this i have one very small one which is a definitely a huge change from the 10-15 i used to have on my cheeks and chin.
The hot weather came and so did my craving for fruit. i fancy when the weather gets better your hot food doesn’t make so much of an appearance and you opt for something quick and easy.
So here it is….
Yeah a lovely juicy watermelon.
I have it every single day of late either for breakfast with some strawberries and blueberries or as a snack mid afternoon.
Here are some alternatives that include watermelon to jazz it up i you fancy
I have found out these skin facts about watermelon
- Its rich in Vitamin A, B12 and Vitamin C
- It hydrates the skin leaving it looking healthy and supple
- The vitamins in it work as anti ageing
- It minimises pores and stops oil secretion and therefore helps skin clear up
I am not saying you will be spotless i am simply saying that its working for me and its been proven by many others.
Let me know if there are any other foods you have tried and found helps your skin.
Good morning and Happy Monday, Despite the weather change to a dismal grey sky.
I haven’t been feeling too grand of late so apologies for the lack of posting last week. However can’t let things keep me down so here i am with todays post.
Whats in my pink chord Backpack?
I want you to bear in mind this is just the basics that i have in my bag at one time as a woman you know our handbags feel like we have bowling balls in them and have sooo much stuff we really don’t need.
- As i love to write i make sure i have my great ideas notepad and a pen.
- My boots floral Make up bag with my concealer, to hide my dark circles, my eyeliner and a pink lippy of course
- I always have some sort of hand cream and The Body Shop Strawberry one smells so good and leaves my hands so soft.
- I either have a chocolate bar or something sweet in my bag as i’m addicted to sugar and at the mo its Tangfantastics.
- Something a lot of you wont have is catheters in your bag i have about 5-6 in my bag at a time as i have a bladder stoma so when nature calls i’m prepared for it.
- Everyone needs some paracetamol in their bag for when pain strikes.
- I have my Sony A5000 camera for taking photos of whatever catches my eye i like to capture things in the moment.
- I am not a huge fan of chewing gum so a packet of soft mints it is. your breath is always better being minty fresh.
- My purse was a charity shop find. It was brand new and still inits wrapper so i thought for £3 your coming home with me.
- A pair of Sunnies as British weather is so unpredictable you never know when you are going to need them.
- My Iphone because who leaves home without theirs these days…Not me.
- My HP Stream laptop as a blogger its always great to write your posts up wherever you are and this one has a touch screen too so i can draw on it too which i love.
Its Monday, the beginning of a new week and most of us get that immediate feeling of dread of oh no its Monday. Yes it’s the end of a weekend where you probably could relax a bit more and enjoy a bit of freedom but now its the start of a brand new week and it should be exciting and not mundane.
If you have these 3 things then great if not they would be worth investing in
A collection of Sticky Notes
A Diary to keep events in etc
A Planner Pad
- With your sticky notes write some positive affirmations on there to get you in fabulous mood for the week ahead. No matter how silly you think they are if they are going to perk you up and make you feel good its worth it every time.
- Keeping a diary is one of the best things you can do. Not only can you put in things that you can look forward to but also the things that have made you happy. One productive thing no matter how small should be noted. The little things can become the big things one day.
- You can pick these planner pads up pretty cheap i think mine was £2 from Wilkos. They are really good if you need a kick up the bum to get chores done. Kind of like a to do list but with a much better layout and looks prettier than a tatty piece of paper.
I have gathered a few motivational quotes on this slideshow especially for getting you in the mood for Mondays…You can also follow my Motivational board over on Pinterest.
Remember it doesn’t have to be a Monday to get motivated it just helps start the week off fresh. That’s the way i look at it.
Have a fab week …