This is a little light hearted post so take it with a pinch of salt.
Getting or receiving presents can be so difficult at times and stressful I may add so without further ado here is my take on Christmas Present Epic Fails.
- Ok so here you are people asking you what do you want for Christmas and you tell them. Problem is you could end up with about 3 or 4 of the same thing. ( TIP: make a list of who can get you what and then there’s no duplicates)
- That very expensive thing you bought for yourself or someone else over the Christmas period is now 50% off in the boxing day sales. (TIP: Don’t spend so much in the first place)
- You haven’t got that much money but you promised someone you would give them a present. You look at last years unwanted drawer and pick them something from there. You are not sure if they have given it to you so you panic (TIP: Put a label on of the name of the person who got it for you so you won’t get embarrassed)
- Going a bit over the top and buying a present that was rather pricey for someone and when they come to give you a present you have a box of chocolates (TIP: Don’t be so bloody ungrateful and learn from your mistakes)
- Lastly the classic one. Opening your present and not feeling a sense of happiness but you don’t want to upset the other persons feelings (TIP: Grin and bear it and hope they have the receipt or failing that put it in the drawer for next year)
I put together a little video over on my youtube channel,
I aim to upload self-help videos on there once a week.
it would mean the world for you to take a nosey 🙂
let me know what you think
Til next time you beautiful people
Home bargains reusable face pads are a bargain and they are saving the planet at the same time.
Washing machine safe and can be reused again and again.
Use them like you would a normal cotton wool pad and then rinse well. It’s up to you how often you use it before you decide to bung it into the machine.
They come in a pack of 4 so you won’t be left without one.
You can also get them in bulk on the likes of amazon and they look just like cotton wool pads as they are white. But I like my colourful ones. Call me crazy but a bit of colour adds a bit of fun to your skincare routine.
Some of us just get out of bed with no routine, no real action plan and that’s absolutely fine. But adding these things to your morning will make it great believe me.
I especially like number 10. Music always gets me pumped.
I may make a evening one soon 😁
Thanks for stopping by
Til next time
If you aren’t a regular reader here you won’t know my anxiety history. I’ll leave my story of how it started here incase you want to have a nosey.
Let’s just say I’ve had it for going on 2 decades and I’ve picked up some helpful coping strategies.
❤️ When you feel an anxiety attack coming on, try and get out into the fresh air and sit down if possible. I get hot and lightheaded in an attack so fresh air and somewhere to perch my bum is much needed.
❤️ The main thing is to concentrate on your breathing to try bring it back to normal. So breath in for 4, hold for 7 and let out for 8. I thought oh my goodness I can’t breath in for that long. But it really does work.
♥️ I have always found music to be the perfect distraction when I’m anxious. In particular I like soft music like acoustic or love songs. Songs that have great lyrics you can focus on. I also love listening to a crackling fire on the relaxing sounds app. Alternatively if you want loud music to try drown out the anxious thoughts that helps too in my opinion.
♥️ You’ve all heard of the grounding tip of things you can see etc using all your senses. Well I’ve come up with this one.
In your bag have something that has a scent that makes you happy like your fave perfume or cologne. I do love lavender too so some essential oils are really handy too.
Have your happy photos on your phone in a folder easily accessible so you can look at them to bring your emotions back to not being stressed out.
Your phone will come for the next two senses which is listen – so it could be the music I mentioned, or some affirmations that you can pre record to remind yourself that everything is going to be ok.
Your mouth without a doubt will be dry in an anxiety attack so popping your favourite sweet in will definitely calm you down, tried and tested by me.
Last sense is touch. There are so many stress relievers out there on ebay/ wish / amazon. Having that at hand in your bag will come in so handy if that’s all you can manage to get during your attack.
♥️ Reach out and ask for help or just message/call someone you trust and say help me take my mind off things, distract me, make me laugh. Pretty sure you have one person you can turn to.
I really could go on and on and on but I think I’ll leave it there.
I’m always here for any of you if you feel the need to chat.
Hope this has been of some help.
Til next time
I never used to be organised, I would just shove stuff in a drawer or at the bottom of the wardrobe until I couldn’t fit anything else in then it was a case of having to sort it out. But as I have matured a bit over the years I think that nothing is worse than living in chaos.
So I have come up with some things that I like to keep on top of to make me feel like I have my shit together.
❤️Organise closet/cupboard/wardrobe wherever you put your clothes. I find putting them in sections of colour is gonna so when you are feeling red for example you can go to your red items and take your pick. Alternatively you can have one end for best and the other end for casual
❤️Making time for a Morning/evening routine. You don’t need a long list of things just some essentials that will make your day/night easier
❤️Sort apps on phone into folders -it’ll keep it looking tidy and you’ll know where all the necessary ones are
❤️Use a notepad or planner to make the most out of your day, with to do lists, meal plans, places to go and people to see.
❤️Delete unwanted photos/messages/numbers on your phone to free up space.
❤️If you can clean as you go, if not allocate some time in your day to do it instead of letting it all mount up. Delegate your load with others in the house if you don’t live alone.
❤️Keep tabs on your spending so you can see what you are getting that you need and can be justified as a reasonable buy and those that aren’t need to be cut back so you’ll have some savings for a rainy day.
❤️Keep your bedroom as spotless as you can as this is for relaxing and unwinding.
❤️Declutter anything that serves you no purpose anymore ( I’ll do another post on this soon. )
❤️Pack bag, food and outfit for the next day the night before do you won’t be faffing about in the morning.
I hope you can use these in your daily life to make it less stressful
Feel free to share your tips below
Thanks for stopping by
Til next time
I thought I would do something a little bit different and do a comparison kind of post.
It’s coming to the end of the year in just under 6 weeks. We can say Happy 2019 and good riddance to the year you’ve just had. Unless of course it was one of your best years of your life then cherish every moment.
Most of you reading this will no doubt have some way of recording your creative moments you do, whether it’s blogging, any clubs you belong to, or the things that bring you joy such as meeting with friends or family and doing exciting stuff.
In this day and age it’s generally a diary and bullet journal that people turn to and I wanted to talk about the things I think set them apart from each other.
- A diary comes in a few forms, one that’s already got the pages organised for you in 7 days (a week obviously). Some a page a day if you have a lot to write and jot notes or doodle on the side. Then finally there’s the one that has the times from morning til night if you are one that plans by the hour.
- You can write how the days gone in a diary and flip back at a later date to remind you what happened on a certain day. I have a fair few of these in my loft.
- They come in array of sizes and usually you can search online and type in whatever style or colour cover you want and it’s doable. Some pricier then others depending where you buy it from
- When you decide to bullet journal there are endless things you can put in there from a weekly spread where you have a key method of symbols to show whether it’s been completed, migrated or not done etc. You can make it your own key you don’t need to follow the way the inventor did, make it your own.
- It’s more of a tracker compared to a diary, you can make pages decorative and for instance track what series you are watching and how far along you are. What books you’ve read, giving them stars for how good/bad they were. A habit tracker, your favourite quotes, literally anything your heart desires.
- Usually you would get either a plain hardback book or one with dots in or if you are going to be doing more writing than drawing then a feint lined one would be great also. The one people swear by is the make Leuchttrum 1917 simply because it’s such excellent quality.
Personally I gave bullet journaling a go and it didn’t work for me I couldn’t get my creative juices going at the time so a diary it’s been for the last two years. It’s not to say I won’t ever do a bullet journal but it’s just not for me right now.
Which one would you pick for your creative needs?
Thanks for stopping by
Til next time