Posted at 7:44 pm , on April 12, 2018
So earlier on today i thought its not the sunniest of days so the original video i was going to do will have to wait.
However i did do a flip through video of my pinterest favourite bits. Not seen this done before and i love to be different.
I’ll leave the link here. Be fab for you to check it out and let me know what you think
PINTEREST OBSESSED VIDEO
Keep an eye out for more videos.
Heres to a HAPPY Friday, Saturday and Sunday to you all
Til next time
Posted at 2:30 pm , on January 23, 2018
I don’t know about you but I just love having things that nobody else has kind of bespoke. One of a kind. A few things I am featuring today are just that.
I will start off with my laptop it’s a ASUS 2-1 with stylus you can find it on PC World and I love it it’s small and just enough for me to put well anywhere I like. I have had it for a few months and thought I need to jazz it up a bit so I got some sticker paper and searched for the things that I love from google images which as you can see are Spotify, Netflix, WordPress, Twitter, My Blog and Wi-fi. Of course it had to be pink cos that’s just me.
Next is a Name Necklace that I was kindly sent from Ineffabless. I have a nice little collection of their jewellery now. I chose a personalised necklace because I hadn’t had one with my name on for years and thought it was simple but edgy at the same time. I wear it every day, haven’t taken it off since I got it in the post that’s how much I love it.
These next 3 things are from 3 separate people. First of all the light up H I got for my Birthday it was from Hobbycraft. It’s actually quite bright. I’m unsure if they are still stocking them. Then I got this H notepad and I believe the person who bought it for me got it in Matalan at Christmas so there may still be some in their stationery collection. I am yet to use it, however there are tonnes of pages so I’m sure I can fill them up at some point. Lastly the mug. So simple but yet so mine. There isn’t anyone else in the family with my initial so of course it’s mine. It was from Home Bargains and I know they still have them.
Believe it or not I got this iPhone 6s case for £6.49 from Amazon of all places and it’s one of the best quality cases I’ve ever put in my phone and it looks pretty and it’s personal to me and I have a lot of compliments about it. They have other styles and for other models too so I reckon if you like mine you should take a nosey
Thanks for reading and I’ll see you in my next post
Posted at 11:00 am , on November 28, 2017
Oh bloody hell….. its here….where was the warning…..i wasn’t prepared….how am i going to get through it….i hate it, i hate it.
Don’t you just love it when you get a visitor every month who won’t sod off til they are quite finished. I know I like to see mine come but I also can’t wait to see the back of it.
Having a period isn’t all bad it shows your body is still working and your reproductive system isn’t growing no babies inside so if you weren’t planning on being pregnant then having one is quite a relief.
However, it isn’t always plain sailing. There are aches/pains, horrendous mood swings, emotional outbursts, mahoosive spots usually so noticeable no concealer can hide, and the thought of leaking sends your mind into panic.
I have put together a little list of things that can help you get through the week from hell with a little more comfort.
- Use a period tracker – My favourite is CLUE. You can get it on the app store free and it lets you know when your most fertile days are, when you are next due and lets you record your symptoms throughout your 28-day cycle… I have a post about it here if you want to find out more. It’s so handy.
- Have a hot water bottle, heat pads (that you stick on top of your underwear) or a homemade heat pad with a thick sock, some rice and then put it in the microwave. I can never be without my hot water bottle, period or not.
- Having a hot bath helps if you suffer from back pain as well as cramps. I always think I will leak in there so I wear some bikini bottoms.
- Never wear your best underwear, have a stash of old ones that you don’t mind if you got blood on them – If you do a bit of salt and cold water rubbed together works a treat.
- If you are craving chocolate during your period try and go for dark chocolate if you can has more iron in it which helps when you are losing blood.
- This is a funny one – as soon as you feel your PMT coming on wear RED nail varnish so the other half knows you are out of bounds and are probably going to become Godzilla if they say the wrong thing.
- Have a stack of DVDs to get through whether they are ones to make you laugh or ones to make you bawl your eyes out. I sometimes find having a good cry helps but i guess everyone’s different.
- Change your diet during your period to stop getting doubly bloated. Avoid fizzy drinks and starchy foods and eat plenty of fruit and keeping your fluids up too.
- Stretch your left thumb and pointer finger and apply pressure one finger space down this will help alleviate any crampy pain and you can do it anywhere too.
- Putting your legs up the wall whilst you are led on your bed somehow strangely helps the achiness you get during the first few days.
- Last of all buy yourself some tea tree to get those spots gone pronto…this is my favourite The Body Shop Tea Tree anti blemish Solution
Some of these you may already know but I thought I’d just put a few down for you to make note of if you didn’t.
Also if you fancy a giggle here is my first period nightmare story… I cringe every time.
Thanks for reading….feel free to share your tips below
til next time
Posted at 11:12 pm , on June 3, 2016
Well I thought it would be rude not to introduce myself.
My name is Holly, Holzie for short or long however you look at it.
I have been a keen writer over many years and blogging is something I have done in the past and I guess I wanted to come back to it. Kind of as a hobbie and also just to get whatever message I can across the globe.
I am very random with my topics so here’s a little taster of things I will be delving into
- Tips and tricks
and other topics too.
I hope you will follow me on my blogging journey through the average norm posts to the weird and wonderful.