Since most of us at Christmas are super stressed and we want everything to be perfect for this one special day which we call Christmas. I thought I would go researching and here are some tips to help you enjoy it and still have hair on your head by the end of it.
- Fork out the address book and hopefully your bought Christmas cards (you best go buy some if you haven’t) – a little secret buy next years after Christmas to save pennies.
- Write the cards , get stamps and send them off before the cut off date(check the post office website for details) – deliver if they are local.
- Make an inventory of what you have in the cupboard and what you think you need to feed the mouths of your guests at Christmas. Then go out and find your bargain buys at the supermarket.
- Create a gift list and buy what they would like not what you think they may like as it may be end up being an unwanted present. Don’t lose the receipts.
- Get the tree out the attic/loft or go purchase one and go absolutely mad with the decorations – show your creative streak.
- Go to Christmas fayres and get into the Christmas spirit
- Blast out a Christmas playlist and sing your heart out and dance round like a loon.
- Make sure you have enough wrapping paper and then get on and wrap your gifts. For the lazy bums enough gift bags.
- Sort out arrangements for the big day, lighten the load and help each other along.
- Open the door to a Christmas caroller even if they sound like a strangled cat, they are trying their best. pop them a pound or what you can spare for their charity and on their way they go.
- Go visit elderly friends and relatives, sometimes they are left on the back burner because they’ve endured so many Christmases. Elderly people get sad this time of year so make someone smile this Christmas.
- Make sure you have got the mince pies cos they are yummy and obviously Santa likes them too ha ha
- Put on your favourite Christmas Film, light the fire, put some candles on, wrap up in a blanket and enjoy.
Merry Christmas xx
It feels like Christmas When…..
- When you hear a Christmas song…in December of course. Mine is Fairy tale of New York (you scumbag you maggot you cheap lousy faggot).
- There is mulled wine when you go somewhere to eat…I’m not a fan of it myself.
- Proper mince pies are out in the supermarket and the bakeries. Can’t beat a bit of squirty cream with mine.
- Your town/village puts up their festive lights…some make more effort than others.
- When you put up your Christmas Decs…there’s no denying then that its getting nearer.
- Father Christmas (the bloke dressed up waving like some silly bugger) comes around on the float blaring ‘oh I wish it could be Christmas everyday.’
- The Christmas jumpers are out in shops. I’ll own up I have two. Don’t know if they’ll fit this year
- Its snowing outside. Rarely do we get it here in England but that’s when it really feels Christmassy.
- When all major shops bring out the gorgeous smelling festive candles. I always like the cinnamon ones.
What makes you feel like Christmas is here?
I’m sat here in my office listening to Band Aids ‘do they know it’s Christmas’ on my IPad. It’s kind of helping me get my festive head on.
I know most of you guys are all about reading and seeing all things Christmassy so I will try keep it a helpful, entertaining and positive blog this December.
I also know that some people don’t like to celebrate for some reason or another and we all need to respect this. So if you are one of them have a nosey back at some of my other content until the 26th.
I may do a blog every day but I didn’t want to put the pressure on myself which is why you will see the blog is labelled as #1 instead of Day 1.
If you are participating in BLOGMAS, VLOGMAS or just a festive Instagram then let me know down below I’ll go check it out for sure.
Thanks for stopping by
I’ll see you in my next post 😘
Also an added extra in every December post
This quote makes so much sense
Life is more fun when you are achieving, happy and not stressed.
So practise feeling good instead of feeling shit.
So this is a funny looking back kind of post.
So here’s some photos from that year 2009
Top left is my mate Johnny, middle left is my brother, bottom left is my best friend from school Soph.
Top right is my sister, then middle right is me on a night out and bottom right is school friend Katie.
Of course a throwback post has to have a playlist so this one has a few absolute bangers
I have to cringe at the next thing… Some Facebook statuses.
Clearly I was a little bit horned up. The two men were colin Firth and Hugh Grant. In my dreams 😂
My FMB boots, back then knee highs or over the knee boots were called fuck me boots. Funny I know.
I am positive in one of my girly mags I had read that fact about multiple sneezes were the same feelings of an orgasm. Maybe for some people but a sneeze for me has never felt like an orgasm ha ha.
10 years ago… when I was 24 I didn’t have a care in the world. Still lived at home until 2 years later… That’s when I really grew up.
I like looking back at my memories especially when you can have a laugh and reminisce.
I don’t know if I have mentioned in my health updates before but I have to go through another huge operation in exactly 2 months.
If you are a new reader in March of this year I had my bladder taken away. It was the bane of my life and was forever poorly with it. So I pee into a bag called a urostomy
Due to a 9 and a half hour op to get my bladder unstuck from my bowel and womb saving them before removing the useless bladder, the blood supply wouldn’t stretch up enough (they use part of your bowel to make a stoma for your wee)…crazy but clever.
So I have a stoma lower down that causes me problems still so the operation in January is to take away some of my tummy and flatten it out. I don’t have much of a muffin top but it’ll help in the long run..then they will resite my urostomy.
I have been told that it could be anything from 2 weeks to 9 weeks stay in hospital and to be prepared to maybe have a poo bag ( colostomy/ileostomy) as they are messing about with the intestine and bowel.
All the poor health and I still smile and stay positive because it’s all I know what to do in bad times.
So just a little part of my health journey and a little reflection.
Happy Friday 🌸
This is a tired me, but so glad I got my smile back.
You see I went through school with braces on… No pictures to prove as I hated these metal things what I couldn’t remove so I shyed away from the camera.
Then a few years ago my dentist at the time seriously buggered up big time
So my teeth went from this pic above which look quite normal….
To this after just a check up and hygienist visit i was fuming
So they closed it up doing something called a bridge. Then after a year or so it started to go a bit grey on my right front tooth… So I enquired… You will have to have root canal they said.
So that was about 2 months ago and it totally killed my tooth so today I had my permanent crown on and it doesn’t look like it isn’t my actual tooth.
So the pic you saw at the start is a smile of thank fook for that as I lost my confidence to show my teeth. Now I can all I like.
That’s my little update.
Have a fab weekend my loves 😁