So this is a funny looking back kind of post.
So here’s some photos from that year 2009
Top left is my mate Johnny, middle left is my brother, bottom left is my best friend from school Soph.
Top right is my sister, then middle right is me on a night out and bottom right is school friend Katie.
Of course a throwback post has to have a playlist so this one has a few absolute bangers
I have to cringe at the next thing… Some Facebook statuses.
Clearly I was a little bit horned up. The two men were colin Firth and Hugh Grant. In my dreams 😂
My FMB boots, back then knee highs or over the knee boots were called fuck me boots. Funny I know.
I am positive in one of my girly mags I had read that fact about multiple sneezes were the same feelings of an orgasm. Maybe for some people but a sneeze for me has never felt like an orgasm ha ha.
10 years ago… when I was 24 I didn’t have a care in the world. Still lived at home until 2 years later… That’s when I really grew up.
I like looking back at my memories especially when you can have a laugh and reminisce.
I was looking through some old photos of myself and it seems that the fringe has been a love hate relationship.
However I wanted to look at the ones of me with longer hair with one so I can decide what I’m going to do with my mop once it gets to that length.
So this is 2008 and I think that a boyfriend I was with at the time saw a old pic of me with a fringe and said I looked ‘hot’ with one so I went and got one, safe to say when he dumped me I pinned it back and grew it out 🙈
This next one was 2014. I had grown my bob that was blonde to above my shoulders and thought I’d dye it brown and bring back the fringe. I think in this pic I look younger than I did in the first. I think I got fed up of getting it trimmed and it went…again.
This is me today 2019 for future readers. This is a £20 amazon wig. I’m actually really digging it. It’s very close to natural colour so I can dream of when it’s this length. I may brave it and wear it out, well my theory is its gonna keep my ears warm in the winter.
Have you had any hairstyles that just keep creeping back in?
Take a seat I’m going to tell you a story.
So I’m nearly 34 and I’ll tell you something… Even though I am not where I expected to be or dreamt of being… I have been on one hell of a journey…and it has made me the person I am today.
I have suffered abuse/bullying its made me be more aware.
I’ve had my heart broken it’s taught me it mends within time.
I have stumbled into poor health, it makes me stronger and fight harder.
I had a crush on someone of the same sex. It taught me that gender doesn’t matter.
I have accomplished things in life which shows me to never give up on something you want.
I have witnessed divorce with my parents it’s taught me that love doesn’t always last forever.
I’ve met people from all walks of life and it’s made me realise that everyone has a story and no two stories will ever be the same.
That’s my little Sunday storytime. Thanks for stopping by.
Til next time
I’ve waited for you all year October.
I love October because….
- It is now officially autumn
- It gets darker sooner so can get all snuggled up under fluffy blankets.
- It’s my birthday in this month
- Halloween… When not all the trick or treaters don’t come and there’s sweets left over.
It also not the best month for one reason: I lost my brother last year. So it’s always going to be a little bit sad. But I like to remember the happy times I had with him.
What’s your favourite month and why?
Personally when I have a head full of problems that I just don’t want to sort at that precise moment in time, I always turn to music.
Different types help me in different ways
- When I feel anxious and just want to chill, out I will go for something like a crackling fire or panpipes. Just focusing on the sound and the sound alone seems to soothe me.
- If I need perking up because I’m in a grouchy mood then I’ll go for something that has a beat – think cheesy nightclub music. It brings back good memories.
- If the tears are flowing because I’m generally upset, whether it’s hormonal or just somethings got to me, call me mad but I like listening to soppy love songs to just bawl my eyes out and get all the tears out all at once.
- I do love just sitting with my mum and listening to her kind of music…which is the 60s as that was her school days/her youth. They really did have some great music out back then.
Here’s a playlist with some examples of the songs I’m on about.
What music do you turn to in your time of need?
From when you were small and you learnt to write your name….
Little did you know that you would be writing your whole life.
Though we all use writing differently.
If you are reading my blog and you blog too then you have a talent with your writing, or if you are an author I take my hat off to you too.
These 3 books play an important role in my life.
This is my journal where I write down whatever comes into my head I think is worth writing down and looking back at.
This one is where I see all the self care tips and those hacks and such like I put them in here so I know when I need some encouragement it’s in here.
Finally this is where I write all my ideas for blog ideas and of course my future book when I get round to writing it.
I write pretty much all the time as I adore it so much.
Thanks for stopping by
Til next time
It’s Saturday night it’s been so bloody hot today here in England.
so I thought let’s do a nice easy Q and A from the comfort of my nice cool bedroom.
OK its called 5 favourites and I’ve chosen 5 questions from the list…
Oh this is my thinking face too 🙈
- 5 favourite celebrities : Micky Flanagan, Colin Firth, Meryl Streep, Phillip Schofield and Cameron Diaz (3 eye candy and 2 fab women)
- 5 favourite words/sayings you use too much: peachy, beaut, I love it, you’re special, ya (like the German for yeah) that ones just become a habit 🙈
- 5 favourite movies of all time : Bridget Jones Diary – the first one, Now and then, 10 things I hate about you, The kissing booth and of course Dirty Dancing…. There’s so many than 5 I’ll do a blog post on it at a later date.
- 5 favourite pictures on my phone that are not people :
5 favourite quotes:
- live well, laugh often, love much.
- If it doesn’t make me feel fabulous I don’t want it.
- The greater the storm the brighter the rainbow.
- Love yourself like your not waiting for someone else to do it
- It’s not about the size you wear but how you wear your size.
Hope you enjoyed the read 🌸
Til next time