It’s the last day of May today, summer is finally upon us.
I always bring you a monthly favourites so here is this months
My Favourite song – Lola by The Kinks
This song is an old love. It’s been on a few Spotify playlists so a good excuse to listen to it and sing along slightly out of tune too. I said to my mum years ago if I could change my name from Holly I would choose Lola. I think it’s quirky and different.
App of the Month – Colour Checker / Asana
I like to make To Do Lists and then tick as I go. Sometimes my iPad/phone is nearer to me than a notepad so it’s easier to make my lists there.
Both of these are great apps. The colour checker is a simple one you can colour code your goal/ chore / thing to complete. Asana you can break things down and even delegate to others if you add their email to your app account. I find this one helpful if I have bullet points for my blog posts and pics to not quite put on here quite yet. Think a blogger would benefit from either of these.
Quote of the month –
No matter what things you go through in life, there will be happier times and this quote will give you comfort in knowing that. Got to love a quote with a positive message.
Favourite Tech bits
My MPOW wireless headphones I’ve had a while. I really do love shutting out the world and listen to my music, watch a film or a YouTube video at the end of the day these are perfect if you can’t afford beats or can’t justify spending over 100 pounds on headphones.
I have never had an all singing all dancing printer. The two I’ve had before were meant to be wireless but have ended up not connecting and then the paper getting stuck. So mum treated us to this one the HP Envy 5032. It is touch screen, so even mum can understand how to use it. There’s this instant ink too that you get 13 months free then only £1.99 a month for 50 prints which is perfect for me as I don’t print out loads.
Think that’s a long enough post, don’t want you nodding off.
June, I’m ready for you.
Hope you’ve had a fab May.
See you in my next post
You hate those pop-up newsletter things right?
I am back to writing my monthly newsletters and am going to send out this months on the 31st of January
so I thought I would write on here to see if anyone would like to receive it this months and every month thereafter?
It would be lovely to have some more subscribers to join my little group I email so far.
Much loves and I’ll see you in my next post
Oh bloody hell….. its here….where was the warning…..i wasn’t prepared….how am i going to get through it….i hate it, i hate it.
Don’t you just love it when you get a visitor every month who won’t sod off til they are quite finished. I know I like to see mine come but I also can’t wait to see the back of it.
Having a period isn’t all bad it shows your body is still working and your reproductive system isn’t growing no babies inside so if you weren’t planning on being pregnant then having one is quite a relief.
However, it isn’t always plain sailing. There are aches/pains, horrendous mood swings, emotional outbursts, mahoosive spots usually so noticeable no concealer can hide, and the thought of leaking sends your mind into panic.
I have put together a little list of things that can help you get through the week from hell with a little more comfort.
- Use a period tracker – My favourite is CLUE. You can get it on the app store free and it lets you know when your most fertile days are, when you are next due and lets you record your symptoms throughout your 28-day cycle… I have a post about it here if you want to find out more. It’s so handy.
- Have a hot water bottle, heat pads (that you stick on top of your underwear) or a homemade heat pad with a thick sock, some rice and then put it in the microwave. I can never be without my hot water bottle, period or not.
- Having a hot bath helps if you suffer from back pain as well as cramps. I always think I will leak in there so I wear some bikini bottoms.
- Never wear your best underwear, have a stash of old ones that you don’t mind if you got blood on them – If you do a bit of salt and cold water rubbed together works a treat.
- If you are craving chocolate during your period try and go for dark chocolate if you can has more iron in it which helps when you are losing blood.
- This is a funny one – as soon as you feel your PMT coming on wear RED nail varnish so the other half knows you are out of bounds and are probably going to become Godzilla if they say the wrong thing.
- Have a stack of DVDs to get through whether they are ones to make you laugh or ones to make you bawl your eyes out. I sometimes find having a good cry helps but i guess everyone’s different.
- Change your diet during your period to stop getting doubly bloated. Avoid fizzy drinks and starchy foods and eat plenty of fruit and keeping your fluids up too.
- Stretch your left thumb and pointer finger and apply pressure one finger space down this will help alleviate any crampy pain and you can do it anywhere too.
- Putting your legs up the wall whilst you are led on your bed somehow strangely helps the achiness you get during the first few days.
- Last of all buy yourself some tea tree to get those spots gone pronto…this is my favourite The Body Shop Tea Tree anti blemish Solution
Some of these you may already know but I thought I’d just put a few down for you to make note of if you didn’t.
Also if you fancy a giggle here is my first period nightmare story… I cringe every time.
Thanks for reading….feel free to share your tips below
til next time
Just a quick Hello and a reminder…
Most of you will know that for the past 2 months I have been writing a monthly newsletter for my readers updating them on things I may not have included that month on my blog.
I will be sending Junes Newsletter out Thursday morning so if you wish to receive one then CLICK HERE to fill out my short form.
I look forward to seeing some newbies