It’s 2 weeks since Christmas and when all was merry and it was all about celebrations.
Now we are heading for the middle of January and a New year may not sit well with some people.
The weather is pretty dismal, the nights are still starting at half 4 🙈
Although we can’t click our fingers and magic it better instantly, we can try and do little bits to make us happier.
* Find some happy music, make a playlist of all your feel good songs. Play it loud, feel it on your soul.
* When you get a little bit of a dry day, take advantage of it. Perfect opportunity to take yourself for a walk, or to the shops for a nosey. Fresh air is good and nature on your walk is beautiful. Appreciate the little things.
* Have a mass sort out. Decluttering is so therapeutic. Throw out all the stuff you no longer need. Then organise what you’re keeping and you’ll have satisfaction when it’s all done.
* Make a conscious effort to fuel your body when you are having low times as it gives you strength. I sound like my Mother now. Make some of your favourite meals.
* Take that bath before bed, or a bit of pampering. It’ll relax you and I believe that a bit of self love is an instant feel good factor.
Well there’s a little list of things to get rid of your blues… Hopefully.
Don’t be afraid to ring or message a friend if you just need a chat. My instagram is always open so find me there @holzieloves
Hi, I’m Em. After not reading much for the past few years I decided to set myself a challenge for 2019. This challenge was to read 25 books in the year. So far at the time of writing this, we are 8 months in I am on 79 books. My blog is a place where I review and talk everything books. I’m fairly new to it (couple of months) but I’m really enjoying it and am starting to trail new ideas.
A few facts about me:
– I own (currently) over 640 books
– I have not read Harry Potter yet, hopefully this will change soon (please don’t hate me)
– I mainly only buy second hand books
My name is Paige. I am 20 years and about to go into my second year at Brunel university for creative writing. I’ve had a blog since 2016 but recently completely rebranded to what it is now. I am a makeup lover and am hoping to start up makeup business of my own at some point this year. I also love reading and am in the process of writing my own novel.