Instead of favourite Christmas songs I thought I’d find a playlist with all the Christmas number one hits over the years and of course good old Spotify had one.
Which one is your favourite?
Me the nostalgia comes back with East 17 – Stay another day with all of them with white coats and fluffy hoods.
It feels like Christmas When…..
- When you hear a Christmas song…in December of course. Mine is Fairy tale of New York (you scumbag you maggot you cheap lousy faggot).
- There is mulled wine when you go somewhere to eat…I’m not a fan of it myself.
- Proper mince pies are out in the supermarket and the bakeries. Can’t beat a bit of squirty cream with mine.
- Your town/village puts up their festive lights…some make more effort than others.
- When you put up your Christmas Decs…there’s no denying then that its getting nearer.
- Father Christmas (the bloke dressed up waving like some silly bugger) comes around on the float blaring ‘oh I wish it could be Christmas everyday.’
- The Christmas jumpers are out in shops. I’ll own up I have two. Don’t know if they’ll fit this year
- Its snowing outside. Rarely do we get it here in England but that’s when it really feels Christmassy.
- When all major shops bring out the gorgeous smelling festive candles. I always like the cinnamon ones.
What makes you feel like Christmas is here?
Oh wow I can hardly believe that December is the end of the week.
Here’s some favourite things that made me smile throughout the month of November
Connecting with an old school friend. We kept on saying that we would meet up but never did. Then last week I went on a few outings with her and it was just like the olden days 😂
Spending some time with my family (my sister, my brother, my nephew, my niece and my little niece oh and my brothers fiancé) on separate occasions. Family is so precious and we have such a lovely bond too.
My wig of course and this is one of my favourite quotes too. I can’t wait til my hair is this length. May be waiting for some time.
My lush bras from Ann summers. They truly make my boobs feel loved as they fit so well. So don’t worry about paying a little more to get comfort and prettiness.My favourite song this month has to be
Orphans by Coldplay. It just gets in my head when it comes on the radio.
Naughty me may have been to McDonalds once or twice this month and these are what I have got both times… Chicken nuggets and cheesy melt dippers. Yummy delicious 😋This has to be one of my best finds this month in the way of a quote.
What’s been a favourite of yours this month?
Thanks for stopping by
Til next time 😘
I love a little Q and A, get to know people/yourself.
Found on good old Pinterest I picked a few from a list, so here goes.
1. Crush? Well I’m a bit old for crushes but there is one man I like to swoon over every time I see him 😍
2. Eye colour? Green, with a tiny bit of brown at the top. I get a lot of compliments on them.
3. Last time I cried? Watching someone die of cancer on a soap ( a week ago)
4. Biggest fear? Its a toss up of moths and sick (Eww to both)
5. Last song I listened to? Taylor Swift – Bad Blood. Was on one of my playlists on Spotify.
6. Relationship Status? Single, it’ll have to take an amazing person to change that.
7. Are you currently happy? No I’m scared I have the dentist in a few hours that includes alot of drilling. Must take earphones.
8. Favourite colour? If you haven’t guessed already by the theme of the blog it’s pink… Been obsessed since I was about 12. If its pink I’m having it.
9. Pet peeves? Chamming (eating with your mouth open), loud breathers (I know we got to breathe) 🙈, polystyrene cos I hate the way it feels and breaks (kind of a phobia I guess)
10. Last book I read? Not that type of girl by Lena Durham. It was well interesting. Still not completely finished it but that’s me and books all over.
Me swooning over that man 😍
Thanks for stopping by, til next time xx
Personally when I have a head full of problems that I just don’t want to sort at that precise moment in time, I always turn to music.
Different types help me in different ways
- When I feel anxious and just want to chill, out I will go for something like a crackling fire or panpipes. Just focusing on the sound and the sound alone seems to soothe me.
- If I need perking up because I’m in a grouchy mood then I’ll go for something that has a beat – think cheesy nightclub music. It brings back good memories.
- If the tears are flowing because I’m generally upset, whether it’s hormonal or just somethings got to me, call me mad but I like listening to soppy love songs to just bawl my eyes out and get all the tears out all at once.
- I do love just sitting with my mum and listening to her kind of music…which is the 60s as that was her school days/her youth. They really did have some great music out back then.
Here’s a playlist with some examples of the songs I’m on about.
What music do you turn to in your time of need?
It’s that time again where I wrack my brains to see what I can include in my monthly favourites.
So here we go.
I’ll start with what happened right at the start of the month… I had my hair cut off and I bloody love it
SO…? STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM BODY MIST
I saw this in Boots while browsing at the make up it was situated at the end of the aisle. Smells like a dream and good enough to eat. Nice to put on when you don’t want to put your expensive perfume on.
Always loved Miley Cyrus even in way back in her Hannah Montana days.
She is coming is her new album. At the there is only 6 on there o Spotify let’s hope she adds some more.
MY LEOPARD PRINT SANDALS
These were accidentally stumbled upon whilst browsing some summer clothes on ASOS. Aren’t they just lovely, they are a little heavy but they are so comfy. Simple but stylish.
REVLON CUSHION LIP TINT
My lips adore this lip tint from Revlon. It goes on more like a matte lipstick and stays on at least 8 hours which I think is fab for a lip tint. Love it so much I’ve purchased another one just incase they sell out 🙈
For a while after surgery I lost my appetite a bit. The one thing that got me eating again was hummous. I usually dip cucumber and carrots in. If there’s none of them it’s a packet of crisps. Luckily they also do a 30% less fat so I don’t feel too guilty whilst eating it.
If you are looking for an app that you can edit, make collages on, edit videos and add a bit of music then inshot is it. Of course with most apps there are in app purchases but to be honest you can do so much on here without having to buy anything. Go download it and have a play around.
QUOTE OF THE MONTH
Just love meaningful quotes and this one is perfect.
Thanks for stopping by
Here’s to July
Til next time
It’s the last day of May today, summer is finally upon us.
I always bring you a monthly favourites so here is this months
My Favourite song – Lola by The Kinks
This song is an old love. It’s been on a few Spotify playlists so a good excuse to listen to it and sing along slightly out of tune too. I said to my mum years ago if I could change my name from Holly I would choose Lola. I think it’s quirky and different.
App of the Month – Colour Checker / Asana
I like to make To Do Lists and then tick as I go. Sometimes my iPad/phone is nearer to me than a notepad so it’s easier to make my lists there.
Both of these are great apps. The colour checker is a simple one you can colour code your goal/ chore / thing to complete. Asana you can break things down and even delegate to others if you add their email to your app account. I find this one helpful if I have bullet points for my blog posts and pics to not quite put on here quite yet. Think a blogger would benefit from either of these.
Quote of the month –
No matter what things you go through in life, there will be happier times and this quote will give you comfort in knowing that. Got to love a quote with a positive message.
Favourite Tech bits
My MPOW wireless headphones I’ve had a while. I really do love shutting out the world and listen to my music, watch a film or a YouTube video at the end of the day these are perfect if you can’t afford beats or can’t justify spending over 100 pounds on headphones.
I have never had an all singing all dancing printer. The two I’ve had before were meant to be wireless but have ended up not connecting and then the paper getting stuck. So mum treated us to this one the HP Envy 5032. It is touch screen, so even mum can understand how to use it. There’s this instant ink too that you get 13 months free then only £1.99 a month for 50 prints which is perfect for me as I don’t print out loads.
Think that’s a long enough post, don’t want you nodding off.
June, I’m ready for you.
Hope you’ve had a fab May.
See you in my next post