Last year I had the idea of featuring some bloggers and giving them a shout out so I thought I’d bring it back this year
Starting off my Feature Friday series we have
All things Gee
Gees blog is a little escape for her and hopefully those who read it. It is mostly a blog full of book reviews, she also love makeup and beauty. It contains the odd theatre review aswell
Social media links:
I really think you should go give her blog a nosey and give it some love
Secondly we have….
House of Kesar
Marion is a lifestyle and fashion blogger based in Nairobi. She mostly blogs about things in her niche that she loves and thinks will be helpful to others.
Pinterest: House of kesar
Instagram: House of kesar
You know what to do go give Marion your support.
Look out next Friday for more bloggers you can find out about and follow.
Til then my loves
OK Hol, take a deep breath and type… So here goes
Whether it’s the size of your waist, your boobs or your penis. Does it really matter?
I have been on the slimmer side and the curvier side
I’ve had big boobs and barely there ones too
I don’t have a penis and never will 🙈 let’s just clarify. But if I did if I was a man I really wouldn’t be obsessing over its size.
So many of us really do stress over things like
“oh no I’m a size 14 I used to be a 10. Or my boobs don’t look great in this top.”
It’s not your boobs it’s the top.
Embrace your shape no matter what it’s size is and appreciate all that it is and not dwell on what it isn’t.
While we are talking about your baps or your bulge. That special someone will love you regardless of size. So start loving it ❤️
As I write this I have plonked my headphones on and put some acoustic music on so I can get into the zone.
So many of us stress out about so many situations there really isn’t any need if you just chill the F out.
Firstly I have changed my laptop screen photo to this kanako sketch.
Seeing the word Namaste always gets me into a more chilled state. It’s only a word I know but I totally think words are pretty powerful.
I need to help my mum with a few things before tea. After my tea though I will start to get into my zen place.
Firstly I’m going to light a candle, I got this vanilla marshmallow one from the body shop that smells devine.
Then I’m going to get my planner and get all plans I need to do for the week noted down. I don’t want to forget about the important stuff.
I may put a nice soothing face mask on and just be… You know what I mean, where you don’t worry about anything for that 15 mins that your face mask is setting. Yeah that feeling.
You may have a different way of chilling out – for instance: PJs, Movies and snacks.
No way is right or wrong just make sure you take time out of your day/week to unwind and chill.
I hear there is more sun on the horizon so go enjoy
Til next time
Ok, so i guess you have stumbled across something like this before on the net where you write a letter to your significant other to open at certain times in their life.
Well you know me i like do do things a bit differently so this is my DIY i’m setting myself and i’ll share the first letter with you in a min.
It’s writing letters to yourself. It’s not weird…its really taking care of you, and when you need that bit of guidance or to be perked up reach for that certain letter in your pack.
you can look at pinterest for inspiration or get it right from the heart. There is no right or wrong way.
So here is my first one…
You kind of get the jist of it right? It’s to pick you up when you need it the most.
It’ll be great if some of you decide to do this.
Thanks for stopping by
Til next time
Hi and Happy Sunday
Here’s some words of wisdom for all of you.
Every single day is different.
Some days you wake up and feel strong to face the world, you feel like you can handle anything and you think you are unstoppable.
Other days you just don’t want to get out of bed, you feel like you’re fragile like glass and want to get away from reality.
Life consists of both kinds of days. Learn to love and support yourself every single day, either good or bad.
Learn to accept that life has its ups and downs and that’s what makes it a wonderful journey.
Thanks for stopping by
Til next time
Self care is not just all about putting on a face mask and pampering yourself, but my goodness doesn’t that sound like a great idea.
Self care is about taking care of you as a whole and making sure you are being kind to every part of you inside and out.
I’ve come up with a list of things to do on days when you need that extra more care and attention…mind, body and soul.
So here goes
- Unplug your phone/ put it on do not disturb for an hour or two just let your mind just be
- put on some relaxing music whether it’s acoustic or panpipes or just instrumental just enjoy the sounds.
- Do a brain dump – grab a notebook and just unload what’s in your head onto one page it’ll help clear your head.
- write poetry/ song. You will find it so therapeutic.
- light some scented candles or diffuse essential oils. Get your area smelling serene.
- Find an app to destress you I think insight app is great. A must try.
- self massage, the bits you can get to just add moisture to it with either baby oil or a body lotion. Make your body feel loved.
- Practise positive affirmations whether you say them out loud on in your head it will keep you in a positive mindset.
- Do some yoga or some form of stretching, you’ll find that this will get rid of any tension built up inside.
- Take a nap if needs be, it’s will renew your energy and get you in the mood to take on anything the day has in store for you
- Make yourself a self care box of all things you love and that make you smile. If it fits put it in there.
- Just enjoy your own company doing what ever your heart desires whether it’s watching a movie, eating your favourite food or singing along to your favourite songs.
Today I braved a bare face and then thought I’d put my new bikini on and show my urostomy bag too.
OK its only just peeping over the top but I felt confident and thought I’d take the opportunity while it was there.
I want to also say: Embrace your beauty flaws and all. You only have one body so appreciate it very very much inside and out 😘
Sorry its only a short and sweet post.
Til next time