I love a little Q and A, get to know people/yourself.
Found on good old Pinterest I picked a few from a list, so here goes.
1. Crush? Well I’m a bit old for crushes but there is one man I like to swoon over every time I see him 😍
2. Eye colour? Green, with a tiny bit of brown at the top. I get a lot of compliments on them.
3. Last time I cried? Watching someone die of cancer on a soap ( a week ago)
4. Biggest fear? Its a toss up of moths and sick (Eww to both)
5. Last song I listened to? Taylor Swift – Bad Blood. Was on one of my playlists on Spotify.
6. Relationship Status? Single, it’ll have to take an amazing person to change that.
7. Are you currently happy? No I’m scared I have the dentist in a few hours that includes alot of drilling. Must take earphones.
8. Favourite colour? If you haven’t guessed already by the theme of the blog it’s pink… Been obsessed since I was about 12. If its pink I’m having it.
9. Pet peeves? Chamming (eating with your mouth open), loud breathers (I know we got to breathe) 🙈, polystyrene cos I hate the way it feels and breaks (kind of a phobia I guess)
10. Last book I read? Not that type of girl by Lena Durham. It was well interesting. Still not completely finished it but that’s me and books all over.
Me swooning over that man 😍
Thanks for stopping by, til next time xx
I have been growing my hair for the last 2 years and got it the longest its been since i was about 12.
I had a throwback photo come up on my facebook memories a couple weeks ago and it was me with super short hair. I saved the pic to my phone and went back to it a few times to admire it. It really did used to suit me. Could i pull it off again?
My hair today went from this length…
Then put in pigtails and snipped off.
A whole ten inches. I have decided to donate it to the little princess trust to help them to make a wig for children with cancer. It’s such a worthy cause.
Here’s my new hair do courtesy of my sister – who also happens to be a hairdresser.
It’s one thing i can add to my random act of kindness list 💕
What’s a random act of kindness you’ve done?
For someone who is always freezing cold as i suffer with poor circulation, its uncomfortably hot.
We are so lucky at the moment that us English are having this heatwave, as we rarely have a good summer…maybe a few days and that’s it
Hands up who really wants a spot of rain or a storm to break it up?
I know i bloody do.
It’s like as soon as the weather changes you go off eating normal meals and just snack or have salads or barbeque food. The alcohol gets consumed more to cool you down and because you can enjoy a beer garden somewhere.
I guess we shouldn’t moan and just appreciate good weather when we have it.
I’m sorry my blog posts have been a bit hit and miss at the moment I promise once it cools down I’ll be back into the swing of it
Stay safe in the sun
Much loves xxx
Thank you for always clearing my head, healing my heart and lifting my spirits.
There are times in life when a lyric in a song can pinpoint exactly how you’re feeling or describe a person to a T.
There are the songs that you can listen to that clear all the unwanted rubbish in your head.
That playlist you know will mend your broken heart. The hurt will stop hurting so much the more you listen to these songs.
Then comes the tunes that perk you up no ends that you listen to endlessly to get you pumped up and ready for pretty much anything.
Music you always know how to make things better.
Thank you xxx
Because illness has become a very big part of my life. I can’t just ignore the fact that life has changed for me big time. Before I would wake up and think what can I do today? Now I wake up and the first thing I think of, are my legs.
Since the last update I have been in hospital again. Luckily they let me home the next day, as my really good friend lent me a single bed and the occupational therapist gave us enough mobility aids to start a shop. So my bedroom is now in the living room.
My legs are in paralysis 90% of the time so they are pretty useless. So it’s from the bed to the wheelchair and then back to bed with the help of mum and a couple aids too.
It’s hard as hell, I tell you.
If you look back at my blog in July – talking about walking miles around the city before watching our musical, that was literally 2 months ago. Now I can barely walk a yard.
Most of the time I’m extremely positive, as I think it’s better than wallowing in something that can’t be helped. There is the odd day where all I do is cry. But hey I’m only human.
Until I have an appointment come through for the specialist I just have to plod on the best I can.
All this I couldn’t do without my wonderful mum and also the brilliant support of my friends too.
It’s 2 in the morning as I’m writing this I just can’t sleep. I find writing therapeutic so I thought why not do an update.
That’s all to report on the health front.
See you in the next post
Memories of the icecream man coming round in his van. Before Ben and Jerrys there were these. Not so extravagant but yummy all the same 😋
Solero Mango Ice Cream
Mini milk (Chocolate / Strawberry/ Vanilla)
Fab Ice Lolly
Screwball Raspberry Ripple
Twister Ice Cream
Calippo Ice Lolly
Mr Whippy 99
Then when Mum and Dad said they didn’t have no money for the Ice Cream Man there was always one of these
The good old faithful Choc Ice
As September ends it’s time to reflect on the things the past month has bought me happiness so here goes…
Goodbye flip flops Hello Boots
I found 3 out of the 4 boots below in the charity shop. The most expensive being £7.99 and I am absolutely awful at walking in heels so when I spotted the wedges my eyes lit up. The third pair down are from Deichman and were £19.99. They are a replacement from last years. Yes I also love suede if you hadn’t guessed.
Primark Autumnal wear
I generally just wear black, pink or leopard print but I thought I would switch it up a gear and go for some different colours. First is this Burgundy cut out on the shoulder cropped jumper I usually put a little black strappy top on underneath so I am not baring no skin.
Next is this khaki coloured quite basic long sleeved ribbed top with a bit of lacing done along the chest area which gives it a bit of an edge. Both of these tops were £8 and I team them up with the skinnys below.
High waisted skinny jeans £13 each pair and they have stretch in them too which allows a bit of what you fancy and still have moving room
A few beauty bits
Below we have :
- Loreal Glam Shine 6hrs in Fresh Fushia
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Amethyst Shell
- Lush Grease lightning spot treatment
- Avon Gentle Aloe light cream
- Pink mini tweezermans
Latest books on the bookshelf
- Freddie Mercury Biography
- IT by Alexa Chung
- Yes Please by Amy Poehler
- Wrinkles, Wit and Wisdom by Rosemarie Jarski
Finally my Favourite quote for the month