It’s 2 weeks since Christmas and when all was merry and it was all about celebrations.
Now we are heading for the middle of January and a New year may not sit well with some people.
The weather is pretty dismal, the nights are still starting at half 4 🙈
Although we can’t click our fingers and magic it better instantly, we can try and do little bits to make us happier.
* Find some happy music, make a playlist of all your feel good songs. Play it loud, feel it on your soul.
* When you get a little bit of a dry day, take advantage of it. Perfect opportunity to take yourself for a walk, or to the shops for a nosey. Fresh air is good and nature on your walk is beautiful. Appreciate the little things.
* Have a mass sort out. Decluttering is so therapeutic. Throw out all the stuff you no longer need. Then organise what you’re keeping and you’ll have satisfaction when it’s all done.
* Make a conscious effort to fuel your body when you are having low times as it gives you strength. I sound like my Mother now. Make some of your favourite meals.
* Take that bath before bed, or a bit of pampering. It’ll relax you and I believe that a bit of self love is an instant feel good factor.
Well there’s a little list of things to get rid of your blues… Hopefully.
Don’t be afraid to ring or message a friend if you just need a chat. My instagram is always open so find me there @holzieloves
Let’s take you back 10 years to the year 2009.
That January I had started the year with a hurting heart from being dumped just after Christmas. Turned out the bloke was a right dickhead.
I had lost a bit of weight in 2009 too after having my gallbladder out a few months before, so I was about 8 and a half stone.
Mum and me were also searching for a house as we had sold our house and needed to find one fast to move into. It was part of her divorce so decided to look for rented property. Just after Christmas that year we found it and moved in there in the Jan of 2010.
So now it’s the end of 2019 and wow what a year its been.
I started the year having my bladder out, and having a stoma, which has been quite a problematic thing so more surgery is needed soon.
I have found out who I really am, with my spirituality, my sexuality (I will fall in love with whoever I find attractive regardless of gender … Simple as that) and found out how strong I can be in shitty situations.
I’ve lost a friend I thought would always have my back, her loss. But also gained a really awesome friend she was in my year at school and I’m so glad to have her in my life as she makes me laugh so much and it feels like we’ve been good friends since like forever.
This quote makes so much sense
Life is more fun when you are achieving, happy and not stressed.
So practise feeling good instead of feeling shit.
So this is a funny looking back kind of post.
So here’s some photos from that year 2009
Top left is my mate Johnny, middle left is my brother, bottom left is my best friend from school Soph.
Top right is my sister, then middle right is me on a night out and bottom right is school friend Katie.
Of course a throwback post has to have a playlist so this one has a few absolute bangers
I have to cringe at the next thing… Some Facebook statuses.
Clearly I was a little bit horned up. The two men were colin Firth and Hugh Grant. In my dreams 😂
My FMB boots, back then knee highs or over the knee boots were called fuck me boots. Funny I know.
I am positive in one of my girly mags I had read that fact about multiple sneezes were the same feelings of an orgasm. Maybe for some people but a sneeze for me has never felt like an orgasm ha ha.
10 years ago… when I was 24 I didn’t have a care in the world. Still lived at home until 2 years later… That’s when I really grew up.
I like looking back at my memories especially when you can have a laugh and reminisce.
After 17 years – that’s how long since I left school you would think that bullying may have been a thing of the past. To be honest I think it’s got 10 times worse.
I was sadly a victim of bullying from alot of my year at school all because my skin wasn’t clear. I was verbally abused and then come the end of school physically.
It won’t ever leave me, but I always think I never want anyone else to have the sadness and pain I did. I know in reality that there will be thousands in the world who will feel the same pain.
Here is how you can spot a cactus friend – those that pretend to be your friend then stab you in the back…and a flower friend – the ones who truly love you and love to see you bloom.
They say it takes a bigger person to walk away from a bully. If you feel strong enough inside to stand up for yourself then don’t let someone walk all over you. But in turn don’t be horrible and become a bully in the process.
Bullying doesn’t just doesn’t happen when you’re young… People of any age fall victim and its so very sad. Cyber crime is on the up as people find it an easy way to target the vulnerable.
If we keep speaking about anti bullying, and looking after ourselves and our friends maybe one day it’ll be something we don’t have to worry about.
I love a little Q and A, get to know people/yourself.
Found on good old Pinterest I picked a few from a list, so here goes.
1. Crush? Well I’m a bit old for crushes but there is one man I like to swoon over every time I see him 😍
2. Eye colour? Green, with a tiny bit of brown at the top. I get a lot of compliments on them.
3. Last time I cried? Watching someone die of cancer on a soap ( a week ago)
4. Biggest fear? Its a toss up of moths and sick (Eww to both)
5. Last song I listened to? Taylor Swift – Bad Blood. Was on one of my playlists on Spotify.
6. Relationship Status? Single, it’ll have to take an amazing person to change that.
7. Are you currently happy? No I’m scared I have the dentist in a few hours that includes alot of drilling. Must take earphones.
8. Favourite colour? If you haven’t guessed already by the theme of the blog it’s pink… Been obsessed since I was about 12. If its pink I’m having it.
9. Pet peeves? Chamming (eating with your mouth open), loud breathers (I know we got to breathe) 🙈, polystyrene cos I hate the way it feels and breaks (kind of a phobia I guess)
10. Last book I read? Not that type of girl by Lena Durham. It was well interesting. Still not completely finished it but that’s me and books all over.
Me swooning over that man 😍
Thanks for stopping by, til next time xx
October is coming to a close and November is waiting in the wings
I am quite sad October can’t go on for longer it’s my favourite month of the year
Anyways let’s get back to why we are here.
These things brought me joy this month.
Mum asked me if there was anything specific that I wanted for my birthday… Well I had seen these on ASOS and said these would be perfect (for when we in England get dry days) so this was what she got me. Normally I don’t get any named trainers but they were pink and they did half sizes so I was happy I could get them.
I think I may have mentioned these before. They are by Rowntree – the people who make fruit pastilles they make these ice lollies too.
They are so bloody yum and I think about 60 calories so don’t worry if you are on a healthy diet these would be a great pick for a treat.
SELF CARE BOOK
I got some books a couple of weeks ago as I need to get my nerd on. I’m a writer, but when it comes to books I need to try concentrate on getting it finished. This one is a self help book and at the mo it’s got 5 stars from me. It’s small enough to fit into a inside coat pocket or a handbag.
BOURJOIS LIP DUO SCULPT
Last month I went in search for a lipstick that was autumn appropriate in its shade and long lasting. The shade is like the colour of my nails. I believe in this range there’s another 2 or 3. Superdrug or boots normally have make up offers so go spoil yourself.
ROCKETMAN ON DVD
This was another thing I had for my birthday, this was from my Sister.
If you haven’t heard of it it’s a story of Elton John’s life. It was quite sad to see what he went through to get to where he is now . It did have Happy moments in it and alot of his music. So if you like films that are like musicals, you’ll love this one.
QUOTE OF THE MONTH
Not much of an explanation needed just some people are worth the second chance and some are not worth your energy.
I hope you have had a lovely October…
Feel free to leave below something that made your month
Til next time