Personally when I have a head full of problems that I just don’t want to sort at that precise moment in time, I always turn to music.
Different types help me in different ways
When I feel anxious and just want to chill, out I will go for something like a crackling fire or panpipes. Just focusing on the sound and the sound alone seems to soothe me.
If I need perking up because I’m in a grouchy mood then I’ll go for something that has a beat – think cheesy nightclub music. It brings back good memories.
If the tears are flowing because I’m generally upset, whether it’s hormonal or just somethings got to me, call me mad but I like listening to soppy love songs to just bawl my eyes out and get all the tears out all at once.
I do love just sitting with my mum and listening to her kind of music…which is the 60s as that was her school days/her youth. They really did have some great music out back then.
Here’s a playlist with some examples of the songs I’m on about.
This is how my Dr has explained to me what labrynthitis is… I have inflammation of the inner ear that causes your balance to be very distorted. I can’t move my head and if I try to look about the room feels like it’s spinning. So I’m literally confined to my bed and my head in one position until it passes.
Let’s hope it’s not too long a feeling. I wouldn’t wish it on anyone 😣
Here’s a few things to to to help you relax unwind and give yourself a bit of me time.
• Set the mood – draw the curtains, put on fairy lights, light a scented candle or put an oil burner on • Choose a playlist that is going to chill you out, so maybe acoustic, panpipes, instrumental, love songs, whatever gets you into the zone.
• Whether it’s a shower or a bath you enjoy, take some me time and lather yourself up in your favourite body wash or emerse yourself in a bath full of bubbles.
• Grab a book you have been reading or meaning to get started on, or a magazine maybe a glass of your favourite tipple.
• Pampering yourself helps ease stress and worries so a face mask, body scrub, self tan, mani and pedi. Trying out new hair dos you’ve been meaning to give a try
• Meditation / yoga is not just for the zen people of the world. Trust me it works miracles when you are super stressed. Concentrating on your breathing or taking your mind off to somewhere nice is so relaxing and will help your body at the same time as your mind. It’s easy to learn and practising makes perfect.
• Watching your favourite film, or tv series will not only make you relaxed but happy at the same time
• Give yourself some me time at least once a week you deserve it.